[Request] Unmirror Zelda OoT 3D's Master Quest mode

recs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Asking since maybe someone can already share some solution I couldn't find online, or maybe is interested in making a patch or cheat code themselves and share it.

Has no one made a patch or something to unmirror the 3DS version of Master Quest for Ocarina of Time?

EDIT: Updating in case someone finds this with my same request. Well, randomly I've stumbled upon the exact solution I was asking for. It was, in fact, hidden in some random discord server. Turns out the mirroring is just a screen effect so it can be disabled with a cheat:

https://github.com/HylianFreddy/unmirror_MQ

It is also possible to disable it via the randomizer, though vanilla logic messes up some chests on MQ mode:

https://github.com/gamestabled/OoT3D_Randomizer

Last edited by recs,
  • Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Asking since maybe someone can already share some solution I couldn't find online.

Has no one made a patch or something to unmirror the Master Quest of Ocarina 3D? Would be cool to play through the remixed dungeons without the mirrored map, like the original MQ. Never really liked that, just mess up with my space awareness for the rest of my playthroughs.
Google is your friend. Making posts like this, is just spam.

recs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Google is your friend. Making posts like this, is just spam.
Already search for it and there is no solution, at least easily findable. This is, as the title says, a request, really. As stuff like this is usually hidden in some random discord server.

Didn't think there was something wrong with asking for homebrew solutions in a public homebrew forum, tbh

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Already search for it and there is no solution, at least easily findable. This is, as the title says, a request, really. As stuff like this is usually hidden in some random discord server.

Didn't think there was something wrong with asking for homebrew solutions in a public homebrew forum, tbh
Master Quest was like the special version for OOT found on the Zelda bonus GameCube disc. I don't think I should link to the ISO as this is against the rules. A quick Google search will instantly link you there, you could probably then extract the ROM or apply any existing patches to get it to run on an emulator.

1695762008119.png

recs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Master Quest was like the special version for OOT found on the Zelda bonus GameCube disc. I don't think I should link to the ISO as this is against the rules. A quick Google search will instantly link you there, you could probably then extract the ROM or apply any existing patches to get it to run on an emulator.

View attachment 396045
I am asking for a way to unmirror the 3DS Master Quest version of Ocarina of Time, not for the OG rom. The 3DS version mirrored the whole map with no option to play as the original Master Quest, which had no mirroring.

I guess it could be achievable with a cheat code. Since I have no idea and there is little discussion about it online, I'm asking.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am asking for a way to unmirror the 3DS Master Quest version of Ocarina of Time, not for the OG rom. The 3DS version mirrored the whole map with no option to play as the original Master Quest, which had no mirroring.

I guess is something that could be achieved with a cheat code. Since I have no idea and there is little discussion about it online, I'm asking.
The maps themselves have been mirrored. Really the only thing that could possibly be done is load the default maps for areas where Master Mode does not change things.

So for example all of the dungeons would remain mirrored.

Last edited by Ryab,
Reactions: recs

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure how much of the game changes outside of the dungeons for MQ (do overworld skullies change location at all?). If it is just the dungeons, my advice to you would be grab the Ocarina of Time 3D randomizer and just randomize nothing. Set all dungeons to be MQ variant and enable a damage multiplier if that's a thing (it's been so long since I've played real MQ, I feel like it's x2 damage too?), and you should be good to go.

There's a bunch of QoL changes you can enable with the rando too even if you're not randomising anything, including keeping Navi quiet, faster movement with the Bunny Hood, and faster text. It's definitely the way to go for what you're wanting.

Edit:
The latest stable release is here just to save you a Google search:
https://github.com/gamestabled/OoT3D_Randomizer/releases/latest

It's pretty easy to use too. If you're on console you run the rando app (as a 3dsx or cia) and it'll place the files directly where they need to be for Luma to pick them up. If you're on Citra you just navigate to the SD card folder it makes and move the files to the OoT mod folder (right click the game in the Citra menu to find it easily). It’s also worth mentioning that the dungeons aren’t mirrored, even when playing the MQ variants, unless you’ve specifically enabled the world being flipped via a setting.

Last edited by Scarlet,

recs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just play the normal game.
I'd rather play nothing at all, you see. Great contribution to the discussion!

I'm not sure how much of the game changes outside of the dungeons for MQ (do overworld skullies change location at all?). If it is just the dungeons, my advice to you would be grab the Ocarina of Time 3D randomizer and just randomize nothing. Set all dungeons to be MQ variant and enable a damage multiplier if that's a thing (it's been so long since I've played real MQ, I feel like it's x2 damage too?), and you should be good to go.

There's a bunch of QoL changes you can enable with the rando too even if you're not randomising anything, including keeping Navi quiet, faster movement with the Bunny Hood, and faster text. It's definitely the way to go for what you're wanting.

Edit:

It's pretty easy to use too. If you're on console you run the rando app (as a 3dsx or cia) and it'll place the files directly where they need to be for Luma to pick them up. If you're on Citra you just navigate to the SD card folder it makes and move the files to the OoT mod folder (right click the game in the Citra menu to find it easily). It’s also worth mentioning that the dungeons aren’t mirrored, even when playing the MQ variants, unless you’ve specifically enabled the world being flipped via a setting.
Oh wow that might actually be exactly what I wanted! I didn't know you could play the MQ dungeons through the randomizer, thank you so much! Will try it out later :)

Reactions: Scarlet

recs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Edit:

Already set it up, got through the first dungeon and yep, exactly what I wanted, thank you so much! I didn't know they also got the c-stick camera working in OoT3D, makes a world of difference.

In case someone steps onto this thread, here is a zip file with the custom settings for Vanilla Game with MQ dungeons and some QoLs. There is a staggering number of options so hopefully I didn't mess anything up.

Attachments

• Randomizer Unmirrored MQ Settings (just drop in root).zip
    16.8 KB · Views: 17

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Already set it up, got through the first dungeon and yep, exactly what I wanted, thank you so much! I didn't know they also got the c-stick camera working in OoT3D, makes a world of difference.

In case someone steps onto this thread, here is a zip file with the custom settings for Vanilla Game with MQ dungeons and some QoLs. There is a staggering number of options so hopefully I didn't mess anything up.
Yeah I just came back to it last week and finding the C Stick was an ABSOLUTE game changer. I very much recommend you try out an actual rando sometime if you do enjoy base OoT. The in-built menu for tracking things is great, and it's such a fun way to experience the game. Makes everything into a giant puzzle.

recs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah I just came back to it last week and finding the C Stick was an ABSOLUTE game changer. I very much recommend you try out an actual rando sometime if you do enjoy base OoT. The in-built menu for tracking things is great, and it's such a fun way to experience the game. Makes everything into a giant puzzle.
I remember I tried Zelda randomizer with Wind Waker a couple of years ago, I thought I would love it on the open sea but ended up dropping it because I couldn't fully enjoy the game without a sense of pace. But I have to give it a go again on OoT! Probably a different mindset and OoT smaller scale will make me appreciate it.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember I tried Zelda randomizer with Wind Waker a couple of years ago, I thought I would love it on the open sea but ended up dropping it because I couldn't fully enjoy the game without a sense of pace. But I have to give it a go again on OoT! Probably a different mindset and OoT smaller scale will make me appreciate it.
I think OoT is better suited with how segmented the world is by items. With Wind Waker it feels like you almost have too many options to begin with, or they're at least very widely spread. Ocarina of Time by comparison has a bunch of things that are like "now I have bombs and can go here", "now I have a song I can go here", and it has its own interesting pace. It goes much further when you have an entrance randomizer too and your usual connections are all over the place.

Definitely not for everybody, but I love them so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto