Can I still mod an un-updated nintendo 3ds XL?

ShockBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if I get anything wrong here, im new to modding and how threads work. Anyways I have an old version of my nintendo 3ds xl that i'd like to mod, specifically its Version 11.2.0.-35u. I can't connect to the internet due to there being a parantal pin being added to (and I dont know the email assigned to the 3ds either unfortunatly) but I want to try adding the latest version of homebrew onto it as I want to play/have muitliple games that have come after the firmware update.

TL;DR
Can't update an old nintendo 3ds since I can't get onto the internet but still want to add mods that I believe to require an updated 3ds.

Solution
The inquiry number is not the serial number (which is usually on a seconds sticker below the battery cover -- they knew people would remove that sticker on the outside)
Just tap on "forgot" multiple times and at some point the inquiry number will show up on screen. Instead of calling Nintendo, we can just use the key generator linked above. Stupid parental controls trying to solve sociological problems with technical methods -- while causing a lot of problems.

Good luck!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if I get anything wrong here, im new to modding and how threads work. Anyways I have an old version of my nintendo 3ds xl that i'd like to mod, specifically its Version 11.2.0.-35u. I can't connect to the internet due to there being a parantal pin being added to (and I dont know the email assigned to the 3ds either unfortunatly) but I want to try adding the latest version of homebrew onto it as I want to play/have muitliple games that have come after the firmware update.

TL;DR
Can't update an old nintendo 3ds since I can't get onto the internet but still want to add mods that I believe to require an updated 3ds.
All 3ds's r moldable get internet upsate before u start guide

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TL;DR

I guess you got lucky you can use soundhax.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(soundhax).html

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All 3ds's r moldable get internet upsate before u start guide
That is a bad advise. Why use more complex methods when an easy one is available?

I can't connect to the internet due to there being a parantal pin being added to (and I dont know the email assigned to the 3ds either unfortunatly)
Remove the useless parental controls by obtaining a master key.
https://mkey.eiphax.tech/

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

ShockBrick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

KleinesSinchen I apreciate your contribution, but I have now found out that he inquiry number/sticker was removed from the back of my 3ds xl. What remains is something that looks like a qr code but it my phone wont read what it is. Do I require a special software to scan it?​

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The inquiry number is not the serial number (which is usually on a seconds sticker below the battery cover -- they knew people would remove that sticker on the outside)
Just tap on "forgot" multiple times and at some point the inquiry number will show up on screen. Instead of calling Nintendo, we can just use the key generator linked above. Stupid parental controls trying to solve sociological problems with technical methods -- while causing a lot of problems.

Good luck!

Reactions: CoolMe and zxr750j
Solution

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya