Hacking Can I still hack my switch on the 6.2 FW?

ian2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my switch last week and was wondering if i can still hack the console? It updated the joycon so i'm not sure if that has affected anything.

Thanks

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
You do

But you can install autorcm afterward which will allow you to do it without a jig

You can also use other things besides a jig if you feel comfortable. I heard a piece of tinfoil works

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah its a launch model, do i still need a jig to get in the recovery screen?
Yes a Dongle or a pc. with USB and also a Jig to bridge Pin 1 and 10 on the Joycon Rail.

Edit: @TunaKetchup was faster :) But don‘t try it with a piece of Tinfoil because you can very easily bridge the wrong Pins and this could destroy the switch!

Last edited by noX1609,

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ian2009: Don‘t use Tinfoil it‘s dangerous! You could easily bridge the wrong Pins and destroy the Switch!
Also a paperclip can damage the points if not done correctly.
I would recommend you to buy one of the cheap Jigs on ebay, that‘s way better for your console!

Best option is a Jig like this one:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/F-r-Nintendo-Switch-RCM-Joycon-Jig-Recovery-MODE-SX-OS-Short-Circuit-Werkzeug/302909374931
Bought this one for a friend and works perfect :) You can maybe find one shipping from the US (or different Country you live)

Last edited by noX1609,
Reactions: 0000ff

Gary Hamilton

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to hijack the post. Could any 1 point me in the right direction to an up2 date tutorial. I am new on the switch modding but I know I have a launch model switch and on latest firmware.

ian2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ian2009: Don‘t use Tinfoil it‘s dangerous! You could easily bridge the wrong Pins and destroy the Switch!
Also a paperclip can damage the points if not done correctly.
I would recommend you to buy one of the cheap Jigs on ebay, that‘s way better for your console!

Best option is a Jig like this one:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/F-r-Nintendo-Switch-RCM-Joycon-Jig-Recovery-MODE-SX-OS-Short-Circuit-Werkzeug/302909374931
Bought this one for a friend and works perfect :) You can maybe find one shipping from the US (or different Country you live)
Thanks for the warning, a dongle is the safest option, just gotta find one that ships to the UK.

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the warning, a dongle is the safest option, just gotta find one that ships to the UK.
Correct. You need a Jig to bridge the ports and them you can either inject the files via PC or you buy a Dongle on ebay to send the payload with that (there a some out there working like SX Pro Dongle. That‘s what i recommend if you don‘t want to buy SX Pro because you don‘t need a PC everytime you boot the console).

ian2009

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I have ordered an SX pro from digimartz, i'll probably get a second switch next year for online, i enjoy splatoon 2 and mario kart 8 online.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who used tinfoil when I first got my Switch I say don't do it. I smelled smoke once and there was like some cooling fan that came on. I'm lucky my Switch wasn't toast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo