Hacking Can I run DS games with the Blue Gateway card? If so, how?

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the Blue card is paperweight for 4.5 and up FW versions?
REALLY?!

Damn, I would have to get another flashcard for the DS games. :/
If the blue card is not needed at all with the new Gateway update, I will have to do that.
Damnit!

As others have mentioned, when gateway releases their 9.2 support, you can install a .CIA that'll allow you to use the blue card as a DS flashcard again outside of gateway mode.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As others have mentioned, when gateway releases their 9.2 support, you can install a .CIA that'll allow you to use the blue card as a DS flashcard again outside of gateway mode.
That's what I hope for.
nope. unless you install Cearp's cia whitelisting ds cards.
Could you give me a link to read further about Cearp CIA to make the blue card work?

zumbertinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Didn't someone say that if you use the blue card (or boot the DS mode in any way) the exploit breaks and you have to redo the installation to use the red card again? Or am I just making this up? I could swear I saw that somewhere in the forum...
I really hope to use the blue card for DS games when I get my Gateway, and often, so this would be very inconvenient. Can somebody confirm if this really happens?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't someone say that if you use the blue card (or boot the DS mode in any way) the exploit breaks and you have to redo the installation to use the red card again? Or am I just making this up? I could swear I saw that somewhere in the forum...
I really hope to use the blue card for DS games when I get my Gateway, and often, so this would be very inconvenient. Can somebody confirm if this really happens?

I thought the blue card worked fine on 4.5 but doesn't work at all on Emunand

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's what I heard too, that was why I was asking if using the Blue card broke anything related to the red card installation or the emuNAND.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's what I heard too, that was why I was asking if using the Blue card broke anything related to the red card installation or the emuNAND.

Using any DS software (Any ds flashcard or original game), wipes the profile exploit. That's all. It doesn't permanently break anything, if you want to use the red card again, you just have to rerun the exploit installer from the blue card.

That's with the current 4.5 exploit.

9.X exploit is not using the ds profile exploit (it was patched), so it's unlikely using it with 9.X will have the same issues.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CIA in question (which does have to be installed in SysNAND btw, you'll need an internal card without EmuNAND installed) also unblocks the Acekard 2i. If a DSTwo would just break your budget or something, at least do yourself a favor and pick up a cheap Acekard 2i or something that has (or had, anyway) proper support.

I don't even know how you would get a cheat file to work on the blue card. And unfortunately, they're not just for cheating in the traditional sense. You need some just to unlock stages and features in some games. Final Fantasy III for example. You need the cheats to bypass the need to send actual messages online (it's a pain to actually take a DS or DS mode online with it not supporting WPA2, maybe not even WPA -- I certainly wouldn't put my main router to WEP, and while I could probably use my IOGear Mediashair to get it to work, the point is, it's a pain). Without the cheats, good luck unlocking Onion Kid class. Geometry Wars has a stage that is unlocked by synchronizing with either the GC or Wii version of the game, I forget. Anyway, it's a complicated process getting that stage to unlock without the cheats. And then there's Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I don't even consider that game playable without the control hacks, any more than I consider Diablo II playable without my pseudo-direct-control AHK script and Xpadder (the Phantom Hourglass hacks were actually the inspiration for that, now I don't have to stop half an hour into D2 because my wrist is killing me). Anyway, whoever had the bright idea to bring that horrid and outdated click-to-move control scheme to Zelda should be chained and flogged. OK, someone finally put out a direct patch you can get from RH for that one, but there are many others.

Anyway, the point is, don't be a total cheap-ass. There are many DS cards with actual support from the manufacturer that get unbanned by that CIA. Many of them can be had for $10 or less now. Spend a little bit of money and you'll get a lot more functionality. Just my $0.02 worth.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU