Hacking Can anyone give some reasons why thier is no homebrew development

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Created a new "Homebrew" section, while renaming the old "Hacking" to "Hacking & Backup Loaders". That should allow us to move the least number of threads possible. Is that okay?
Yes, that's perfect.
I'll help moving all the threads after my work today.

Thank you for doing it :)

I'm happy to write up some fresh stickies if they're needed;
We will see what could be done.
Probably some direction to new users and explain what is this section's purpose. like "welcome in this section, you can find this thread useful, that one too, for homebrew environment installation look at this thread, etc.)
Something like I did for 3DS (but it's now abandonned because I didn't had time to update the first post of the noob paradise)
but don't call it "noob paradise" (devs section shouldn't attract noobs, only other devs)

we can talk about it later

edit:
I wonder if we should move the guides to selfhost too.
lot of users are using it to run loadiine, but I suppose it's better to keep it in "hacking and backup launching" section.
Devs should already know how to run homebrew, but some new users interested about homebrew will not find that information in the same section so it's a little confusing.

Maybe it should be covered on the stickied welcome thread to explain users they have to follow a guide if they want to selfhost, and link to the existing threads.

edit2 I started moving some thread, but have to go back to work.
I'll continue in few hours, don't worry ;)

Reactions: raulpica

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's perfect.
I'll help moving all the threads after my work today.

Thank you for doing it :)

We will see what could be done.
Probably some direction to new users and explain what is this section's purpose. like "welcome in this section, you can find this thread useful, that one too, for homebrew environment installation look at this thread, etc.)
Something like I did for 3DS (but it's now abandonned because I didn't had time to update the first post of the noob paradise)
but don't call it "noob paradise" (devs section shouldn't attract noobs, only other devs)

we can talk about it later

edit:
I wonder if we should move the guides to selfhost too.
lot of users are using it to run loadiine, but I suppose it's better to keep it in "hacking and backup launching" section.
Devs should already know how to run homebrew, but some new users interested about homebrew will not find that information in the same section so it's a little confusing.

Maybe it should be covered on the stickied welcome thread to explain users they have to follow a guide if they want to selfhost, and link to the existing threads.

edit2 I started moving some thread, but have to go back to work.
I'll continue in few hours, don't worry ;)
ddd - WiiU Title Dumper and
Homebrew Launcher for WiiU should be stickied.

Reactions: xtheman

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Lots of people, myself included, only started using 3DS homebrew when they were implemented as CIAs.
A Homebrew Launcher is a retarded concept when you know you have the possibility of running everything natively.
you do know that iosu will still need to be runned from the browser to be activated right?

IOSU is diferent from bootimeexploit, so until a bootimeexploit is found, even if you do have iosu you will still need to run the browser everytime you boot the console up.

Most people are delusional thinking iosu does permanent stuff lol , it doesnt at all people are deluded.

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody with a disability. Sick burn m8.

The same capacity for humor as Adam Sandler's new movies. "Haha look at that fat / old / weird / disabled bastard! They're not doing anything funny, they're just fat / old / weird / disabled! That's funny right guys? Hurr durr durr durr durr"

xtheman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point is pretty obvious. Loadiine is the best Wii u Homebrew and there's no more real progress to be done in it.
With that logic you might as well say that FBI is perfect and no need to update the .cia installer.
Loadiine isn't the best homebrew. Their is more work to be done. http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Loadiine_compatibility_list
Look at that list. Most games work but with noticable issues. The main goal of a backup loader is to be near %100 and loadiine isn't close to it.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
With that logic you might as well say that FBI is perfect and no need to update the .cia installer.
Loadiine isn't the best homebrew. Their is more work to be done. http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Loadiine_compatibility_list
Look at that list. Most games work but with noticable issues. The main goal of a backup loader is to be near %100 and loadiine isn't close to it.
Loadiine is just a hack, a file replacing tool, not a real backup loader.
I bet 100% compatibility is either impossible or way too much work for a hobbyist developer.

It's obvious that it's not getting any better than it's been since april.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

xtheman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loadiine is just a hack, not a real backup loader. I bet 100% compatibility is either impossible or way too much work for a hobbyist developer.
It's obvious that it's not getting any better than it's been since april.
They are working on replacing the miiverse icon and manel with the real games which is better then april's build

xtheman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Yeah that's a completely useless feature so I bet they're working on it.
Some people want the proper manual and icon.
Stop acting like a homebrew has to cater to only your needs. Homebrew is made for everyone to enjoy. Not just some selfish person who can't accept cool new things being added since the stuff he wants can't be added.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do know that iosu will still need to be runned from the browser to be activated right?

IOSU is diferent from bootimeexploit, so until a bootimeexploit is found, even if you do have iosu you will still need to run the browser everytime you boot the console up.

Most people are delusional thinking iosu does permanent stuff lol , it doesnt at all people are deluded.

Just as people think that IOSU is required for full blown homebrew, which isn't true either, emulators can be fully ported without it, it's a matter of people taking the time to learn and then programming it over.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't see a reason why a game dumper should be stickied in a development section.

Homebrew launcher, why not. but that's all.
I won't sticky threads based on another section's popularity.

There are a lot of other homebrew and we can't stick all released threads.
To make it easier to find release threads among questions and issues, we could add "release" or "official" tags in front of them.
Another option is to stick a link or a message that a FULL homebrew list is available on the wiki, and from there you can find ALL respective threads.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks for the hint, ARVI80.
Maybe you could post that in loadiine threads, as the current progress is slowed due to SD access issue while in home menu, so it require writing the manual to NAND or memory before launching the game.
if there's another method to load it directly from SD when the user requests it, that would be better.
I guess the method you used was different than the solution found by Dibas.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Some people want the proper manual and icon.
Stop acting like a homebrew has to cater to only your needs. Homebrew is made for everyone to enjoy. Not just some selfish person who can't accept cool new things being added since the stuff he wants can't be added.
Yeah, manual and icon are cosmetic features that will sure improve game compatiibility, right?

Just as people think that IOSU is required for full blown homebrew, which isn't true either, emulators can be fully ported without it, it's a matter of people taking the time to learn and then programming it over.
It's a requirement for improving usability. No one would use the homebrew launcher method if they had the option of installing software directly to the system menu.

xtheman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, manual and icon are cosmetic features that will sure improve game compatiibility, right?

It's a requirement for improving usability. No one would use the homebrew launcher method if they had the option of installing software directly to the system menu.
You don't seem to care about compatibility. If you did you wouldn't be using a build from april

But their is no way to install directly to system menu yet. So people have to use homebrew launcher

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Created a new "Homebrew" section, while renaming the old "Hacking" to "Hacking & Backup Loaders". That should allow us to move the least number of threads possible. Is that okay?
That is wonderful. Once IOSU is released, there will probably need to be a new section titled "Backup Loaders & Custom Firmwares," but this should do wonderfully for now.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la