Hardware Can anyone confirm if new batch of 3DSes are on 11.3?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am pretty sure these sources are just bullshitting for attention. I've said it before, but systems are made weeks to months in advanced. Once they are made they are updated to the latest OFW and shipped to a warehouse until they are needed. They rarely start shipping out new batches until they've cleared through previous batches.
This isn't even including shipping time from the factories.
It's extremely unlikely to find a new system this early with 11.3 on it.

Last edited by The Catboy,

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others have said.
It cant be 11.3
It takes time to make, pack and ship them. 11.3 just drop not to long ago.

On a side note. I wonder of there low stock was due to making the switches, and putting them before the 3ds.

Either way a 3ds you buy now to about the end of march or mid april should be good. After that its a big chance it will be a 11.3

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So what? You should be able to intercept the Nintendo Update service to get a downgrade from idk what tweak. No?
Nope, the communication with the update servers is SSL encrypted and only accepts Nintendo's certificate, so redirecting it to another server would just cause the update to fail as soon as it tries to communicate with the server.
Besides that, there's a minimum version check that prevents downgrading without ARM9 kernel access.

kickthecommie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: My Gamestop refurb fates edition n3dsxl, ordered on Feb 10th came with 11.2 as well. It seems Gamestop services these systems at least weeks/months in advance before shipping them.

Also on an amusing note FBI is still installed in health and safety.

Last edited by kickthecommie,

Connorsdad

Trophies
XP
Country
I brought a used one from ebay and updated the same day 11.3 came out as I wasn't aware 11.3 was out :cry:. Sold that one back on the bay and brought a brand new one on 9th Feb 2017, it came with 11.1.0-34E

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the new 3ds xl pikachu edition comes out the day after tomorrow. If anyone here gets it, please post what firmware it's on. I'm really nervous about this. I don't want to spend $200 on a paperweight.

Reactions: Disco Inferno

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thankful that I can still run homebrew on my new 3DS LL pikachu edition after unknowingly updating it. .-.
Originally it came with 11-1.0. Perhaps 11-2.0 will become a reality for the American release.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well the new 3ds xl pikachu edition comes out the day after tomorrow. If anyone here gets it, please post what firmware it's on. I'm really nervous about this. I don't want to spend $200 on a paperweight.
It won't be on 11.3. It might be on 11.2, but most likely it will be on something older

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.