C1-2858-3 error when running ARK on the PS Vita and PS TV

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't think so. I have the same problem with the dual sense and the Nvidia shield.

What does PS2's OPL OSD settings do?

EDIT: It seems it's able to force a game's system language given that it has said language and it's also able to change the game's screen size and video mode.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
PS Vita's/PS TV's standalone ARK-4 often crashes in the "ChovySign" part with a C1-2858-3 error message after installing ARK-4 via the new FasterARK method and running it, and when it doesn't, it frequently crashes with a C1-2858-3 error message when running PSP ISOs.

KelSolaar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I had that issue as well but I got it to work. I first deleted Adrenaline. It seems lke clashes with it. I then downloaded an older version of Ark. And it worked.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I had that issue as well but I got it to work. I first deleted Adrenaline. It seems lke clashes with it. I then downloaded an older version of Ark. And it worked.

I thought so but before running PS Vita's standalone ARK-4 I also tried removing Adrenaline before installing ARK-4 and I also tried different versions of PS Vita's standalone ARK-4. I'll delete ARK-4 and reinstall Adrenaline.

EDIT: I have the previous issue if ARK-4's "Memory Stick Speedup" is set to "Always" after reinstalling ARK-4 via the FasterARK method. I'll set it to "Disabled" and delete Adrenaline and remove its plugin installed via AutoPlugin II. This new FasterARK method unlike the previous FastARK one doesn't install the Sasuke vs. Commander game if no PSN game/demo is installed and doesn't require a PSN game/demo (like Ape Quest's demo) to be installed before being run as well.

EDIT 2: I have a C2-12828-1 error message after making a clean ARK-4 install in my PS Vita and PS TV via the FasterARK method and running VitaShell. If clicking "OK", the PS Vita and the PS TV freeze with a black screen. If I access Safe Mode to restart them or rebuild their database, they have spinning white dots until they freeze. I have no choice but to restore them from Safe Mode, to jailbreak them and to reinstall all my games and homebrew. I'm tired of ARK-4's developers' incompetence. As if this wasn't enough, now FasterARK installs an app to run PS1 games called ARK-X and a plugin called ps1cfw_enabler and users can't even refuse them. I deleted the former and uninstalled the latter via AutoPlugin II (and deleted FasterARK as well). Also, even though PS Vita's ARK-4 reads more PSP EBOOT.PBP games and DLC than Adrenaline, it mightn't still read all of them without plugins' help, like npdrm_free/npdrm_free_mod and/or nploader/nploader_mod. This/these plugin/s must be manually downloaded and set.

EDIT 3: I have the same problem after restoring my PS Vita and PS TV and jailbreaking them. A new ARK-4 version was released and yet it also causes this issue.

EDIT 4: Finally, the issue was fixed after a new PS Vita standalone ARK-4 release. I'll still have to reinstall all my games and homebrew on the PS Vita and PS TV, though. I don't get why PS Vita's ARK-4's "Memory Stick Speedup" is set to "Always" by default when it causes said issue.

EDIT 5: The PSP often freezes and sometimes turns off when exiting the european Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - Amazing Allies ISO using the PS button if setting ARK-4's "Force Extra Memory" to "Always" and "Inferno Cache" to "LRU".

EDIT 6: Now I'm not having issues with the european Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - Amazing Allies PSP ISO on PSP's ARK-4 if "Force Extra Memory" is set to "Always" and "Inferno Cache" to "LRU". I'll set "Force Extra Memory" to "Disabled" and "Inferno Cache" to "Off", anyway.

EDIT 7: Now FasterARK is installing another plugin against my will (arkrightanalog). Wtf? I uninstalled it.

EDIT 8: After reinstalling ARK-4 via the FasterARK method and running it, ARK-4 sometimes freezes in the "ChovyProject" part with a C1-2858-3 error message, and when running PSP ISOs, it sometimes has a black screen for some seconds until it crashes with a C1-2858-3 error message. I have this issue if ARK-4's "Memory Stick Speedup" is set to "Always" (it's set as such by default). I'll set it to "Disabled".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed