Hardware Buying a used 3DS tomorrow - Anything I should look out for?

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
^^^^

xxteargodxx said:
Zarxrax said:
It's probably REALLY unlikely that you would have another region one. The simple reason is that the US 3ds sells cheaper than probably anywhere else. If it were imported from another country, it would have costed a hell of a lot, and that kind of person wouldn't sell it so cheap
tongue.gif
I understand that..But how could I be sure that the one I will be buying is a US based console? I don't understand how to check the region part.

go to the setting app in the 3ds' menu and there you'll see The region of your 3ds

I saw a post earlier explaining how you can see it. Read the first page of your thread.

jonxs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when you turn the system on, go to 'system settings' look at the bottom right corner of the top screen and it will have a letter at the end E=Europe, U=USA, J=Japan. Or you could just try the game you are gonna purchase, if it dont work its either faulty or not a USA system.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I would really suggest you save up and buy one from the store with receipts and everything. I am worried for you... Seriously

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay well I bought the 3DS I got a used one from a kid he seemed nice, I checked everything out it seemed good and is good my only issue I'm coming across now is charging.

It was I think half charged at his house and I asked if I could plug it in to be sure that it charges and he showed me, it did indeed charge the light came on orange. I have it home now and I've plugged in the cradle to the charger that's in my outlet and it charged for a bit then it went off.

All I did after that was turn the 3DS on for a good 5 minutes to create my Mii and connect to my Wifi and turned it off. Now when I plug it in I'm getting no orange light on the charger.

Also thought I'd mention, he didn't even register it or anything. When I brought it home I went to register it and sure enough it registered and I got credit for it and everything from Club Nintendo.

Pictures

Turned Off
part1307751436138.jpg

Turned On
part1307751403484.jpg

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay scratch that, I think it was my extension cord probably has too much stuff plugged into it? Who knows.

I plugged it into 5 different wall outlets and it charges in them and I have it plugged into a different nearby extension cord and it's charging on that as well, all clear.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I used to have problems charging my 3DS. I later found out that my charger was faulty and eventually it stopped working. Buying a USB DSi charger solved the problem for me and it's more convenient charging via my computer.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxteargodxx said:
Okay well I bought the 3DS I got a used one from a kid he seemed nice, I checked everything out it seemed good and is good my only issue I'm coming across now is charging.

It was I think half charged at his house and I asked if I could plug it in to be sure that it charges and he showed me, it did indeed charge the light came on orange. I have it home now and I've plugged in the cradle to the charger that's in my outlet and it charged for a bit then it went off.

All I did after that was turn the 3DS on for a good 5 minutes to create my Mii and connect to my Wifi and turned it off. Now when I plug it in I'm getting no orange light on the charger.

Also thought I'd mention, he didn't even register it or anything. When I brought it home I went to register it and sure enough it registered and I got credit for it and everything from Club Nintendo.

Pictures

Turned Off
part1307751436138.jpg

Turned On
part1307751403484.jpg

Hey, I hope not you, but somd people are having problems with the light and the actual charge time, not being in sync (charge light sticks on even after fully charged. Some report the system not fully charging after the update. Nintendo is aware of and working on that one... it is covered on Nintedos trouble shooting page supposedly. Also, you already bought it but many ppeople are having problems with it going to a black screen of death error, mine includeded. Nitendo has not figured this one out yet and not all systems have the problem, so don't freak out if it does. I'm sure you know about the error that happens with the Rige Racer and the new update so I won;t mention that but there is also the too tight and too loose hinge problems...
Again, not trying to scare you, these will all be covered under thier (very helpful) warantees, even if you didn't buy it new. Thney warantee the units life, not the owner. That's what's so good about Nntendo, at least that's been my personal experience.

Sorry so long, hope this helps. even if it is after tha fact.
SyFyTy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1