Hardware Buying a AS/IS Vita?

mgrev

Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi again, today i found this ebay auction on an AS/IS oled ps vita, wondering if i should buy it or not, if i manage to repair it ill have a vita, the auction is currently at 9 dollars plus 15 in shipping, so it's not too much. btw here's the description:
Black PS Vita Console - Will not start

For sale I have my PS Vita which will not start. This fault occurred after 2-3 weeks of no use. I have tried a new charger and battery to no avail! I came close, at one point getting an orange light only to loose it again.

The front screen is in good condition with no scratches or cosmetic damage. There are some scratches on the rear of the console.

When opening to try a different battery I lost a couple of screws so the until may appear like it is not fully sealed. None of the inside has been damaged however and I am sure someone with some more knowledge and time, could get this thing going again, or buy it just for the battery (the fault cannot be with the battery as I tried another one).

Good luck and happy bidding!

See my other auctions for PS VITA games and accessories.

mgrev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
UPDATE: i've been looking around the internet now for a while, and im pretty sure i can fix it, but now the big question is should i buy this, or a ps tv (and buying a ps vita limited edition later

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
What really answers the big question about getting a PS TV vs. Vita is what games you're currently looking to play since not all games are compatible with it, and if you'd rather have a system you can bring when going outside or the ability to play on the big screen from the comfort of your couch. Since you say you can get a limited edition Vita later, wouldn't a PS TV be better unless you're looking to play stuff that needs the touch screen? I can only think of Super Monkey Ball and WipEout that actually would need the touch screen tho.

mgrev

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
What really answers the big question about getting a PS TV vs. Vita is what games you're currently looking to play since not all games are compatible with it, and if you'd rather have a system you can bring when going outside or the ability to play on the big screen from the comfort of your couch. Since you say you can get a limited edition Vita later, wouldn't a PS TV be better unless you're looking to play stuff that needs the touch screen? I can only think of Super Monkey Ball and WipEout that actually would need the touch screen tho.
yeah, but i'll maybe sell the vita after fixing it, and then still have some spare cash after buying a ps tv. i could probably sell the vita for 60$+ (or 500kr+, as i see ur from Norway too) and maybe i'll use it for a while too.

Reactions: Ridge

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

A lot of the game are compatible now thanks to the new white list patch that came out a few weeks ago. Also unless the game is really touch heavy it shouldn't be a problem, the PSTV has a simple touch screen emulator you can controller with the dual sticks. WipEout for example, you'll can get by the touch menus with that and play the game.

Reactions: Ridge

Ridge

they/them
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Norway
A lot of the game are compatible now thanks to the new white list patch that came out a few weeks ago. Also unless the game is really touch heavy it shouldn't be a problem, the PSTV has a simple touch screen emulator you can controller with the dual sticks. WipEout for example, you'll can get by the touch menus with that and play the game.

Ohhh, didn't know that. Thanks! Now I'm actually interested in a PS TV too, haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.