Hardware Homebrew Broken 3DS menu forcing a crash

RetroHack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I saw the message you sent, but how do you plan on sending it if it doesn’t let you?
You could try take a screenshot of the url and I can manually type it. But how will I install the home menu when I don’t have access to fbi or home brew launcher?
Post automatically merged:

also can the admins please not delete the link they were sending, I need it for my 3ds

Last edited by RetroHack,

RetroHack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
does anyone know how to help? nothing so far has worked

even if someone knows how to wipe it through godmode to a clean start, so i can remod it and bring back what i wanted would be great

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to do a ctrtransfer but it has failed once again.
Sounds like a hardware issue as i previously stated, the sd card reader most likely.
I can still access godmode and luma settings
Does it crash in GodMode9 too?
even if someone knows how to wipe it through godmode to a clean start, so i can remod it and bring back what i wanted would be great
If it was software issue ctrtransfer would've fixed it, but since it "failed" meaning the 3ds didn't/couldn't let the ctrtransfer process to do its job.
Also i highly advise against "uninstalling cfw" when it's at this state if that's what you're trying to do, it will only make it worse.

RetroHack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sounds like a hardware issue as i previously stated, the sd card reader most likely.

Does it crash in GodMode9 too?

If it was software issue ctrtransfer would've fixed it, but since it "failed" meaning the 3ds didn't/couldn't let the ctrtransfer process to do its job.
Also i highly advise against "uninstalling cfw" when it's at this state if that's what you're trying to do, it will only make it worse.
i dont know how it would be a hardware issue, it persists to be a problem with or without an sd card, also yes i can easily access gm9 like normal

My ds can also access the sd card from gm9 with 0 issues

Last edited by RetroHack,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know how it would be a hardware issue, it persists to be a problem with or without an sd card,
If it's sd card reader it should prevent the system from booting to the home menu with or without the sd card inside.
also yes i can easily access gm9 like normal
My ds can also access the sd card from gm9 with 0 issues
Have you encountered any crashes in GM9? Maybe during the ctrtransfer since you said "it failed"?

RetroHack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If it's sd card reader it should prevent the system from booting to the home menu with or without the sd card inside.

Have you encountered any crashes in GM9? Maybe during the ctrtransfer since you said "it failed"?
no i have not encountered a single crash in gm9 ever.
also how can it be a hardware problem when before the ctr transfer i could boot into the homebrew launcher but as soon as i tried to enter the home menu it would crash (i cannot access the homebrew launcher due to the ctr transfer). i really dont understand how it is a hardware problem

RetroHack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok so in my dms with that that1loserguy he wasn't able to fix the new backup, but said i should try my origional one (i basically forgot all about it as it is very much hidden) and when doing it, it booted successfully. thank god it wasn't a hardware issue. but i still need to work on transferring things over to the safe backup.

Reactions: Mike_77712

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: