Hacking brightness adjustment gone from ntr?

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have finally picked up my 3ds again to play through Fire Emblem Fates. I can usually only play at night due to my schedule and the 3ds max dimness is really not that dim. I used to use ntr to dim my brightness, and I installed the latest version of bootntr selector only to discover that the brightness feature is completely gone from the menu. I even downloaded the version I used before (3.4 preview6) and the option is gone from there to. Am I completely missing something? If you know how to fix this, please tell me. I'm on luma 8.1 n3ds with no clocking features enabled. I also have dual tn panels if that means anything

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11.5 blocked it, a pointless dick move on Nintendo's part. Now I can't play in the dark anymore without wearing shades, and playing in bed next to my wife is now right out.
You *could* just use the regular brightness option present in HOME Menu Settings...

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You *could* just use the regular brightness option present in HOME Menu Settings...
We know, the lowest official setting is still extremely bright. NTR used to allow for the screens to be dimmed MUCH darker. I used setting 2 out of 100 in NTR when in the dark before, while the lowest the official brightness selector supports is equivalent to 20 out of 100.

Last edited by SaffronXL,

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't downgrade yet! This feature will be implemented in Luma soon :D:D:D

Jupiteer: "That is in development, and a pull request will be submitted to luma when it is finished."

All hail Rosalina! :grog:

Reactions: Quantumcat

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Although this isn't quite the same, you can enable Power Saving Mode to reduce the brightness by a tiny notch. You can also make a screen protector out of a polariser sheet to reduce the brightness. Polarisers are infinitely adjustable so you can have much more fine-tuned brightness filtering.
QKxP6g9.gif

Last edited by NekoMichi,

R4ismychildhood

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Although this isn't quite the same, you can enable Power Saving Mode to reduce the brightness by a tiny notch. You can also make a screen protector out of a polariser sheet to reduce the brightness. Polarisers are infinitely adjustable so you can have much more fine-tuned brightness filtering.
QKxP6g9.gif
plzzz can I still use NTR Selector 3.5 to reduce brightness because "1" in system is still too bright

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...