Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for bumping this up, but...

I now have a 2gig memory stick, and a Pandora battery, and...still nothing. I followed the hacking thread to make the memory stick into the Pandora stick, so it's supposed to bring up a menu when I press the left trigger, but still nothing.

I have the Pandora battery that switches back and forth, and I've tried it in Pandora mode, and not Pandora mode, just to make sure.

Why is my Pandora battery not forcing it to turn on? =/

The only thing I can think of now is that the memory stick didn't finish. It gets stuck here:

30jtnvc.jpg

Is it supposed to do anything more/say it completed or anything?

*sigh* I've spent all this money for things to fix this PSP, but I think it's unfixable.

bano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't able to fix my PSP which had the same problem, I dropped it in the water which is what had caused this problem. By any chance have you dropped it in water?

I just bought a new PSP even though this problem might have needed a slightly easier and less expensive fix, I opted for the less hassle fix =p. I wish you luck!

Leeness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, bano, no, no water. I wish, cause then I'd know what to do! Haha.

Rydian, I do hold the L trigger before turning it on. With the Pandora battery I have, once you push it into the back of the system, it turns on the system, so I hold the trigger before putting it into the system. =/

Is that screenshot I posted, is that the end of the making of an MMS? Or is it supposed to say "completed!" or anything?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Use Rain's Ultralite Installer instead...don't just settle on one MMS GUI. Also if the Pandora doesn't auto turn on the PSP, leading to a blank screen but illuminated backlight then it's not a Pandora.

Leeness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Aw, thanks anyway, Rydian.
smile.gif

I'll try that installer, xist! Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't know other installers were out there.

It's definitely a Pandora battery. It's http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22349 this one. It doesn't even get to the illuminated black screen. It's just the dead backscreen. =/

I'm hoping that maybe the MMS wasn't finishing or something, so hopefully with this installer, it'll definitely finish and the left trigger will work.

Edit: I just had a thought. Does the PSP need to be plugged in with the memory stick for it to become an MMS? I'm using a card reader right now and just giving the installers the location of the memory stick. If it does need to be plugged in, I'm screwed, cause I can't use the PSP. =/

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No you're perfectly fine making a MMS with Rains Ultralite installers on your PC with a MS reader and then just putting it in the PSP. However, unless your screen is borked that battery sounds decidedly suspiciously duff.

Leeness

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kay, I'm gonna try again with the Rain installer soon.

I'm worried about my Pandora battery now. It's brand new. =/ And my screen is fine, as far as I know.

Edit: Nope. Nothing. This is so depressing. Is it the Pandora, or the screen? It's completely black. I'm noticing, though, that the system doesn't always just shut itself off. I'm sitting here with it, and it's on completely black screen, and it's still on. =/

I think I'm just gonna take it to the Asian mall around here. -_- I wanted to be able to do this myself, but after spending $100ish on random accessories and items, and more than a month since I bricked it, it seems like it's impossible for me to do it. This is so depressing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: