Hacking Bricked DSTWO?

Theblackmage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a DSTWO. I installed EOS to the mSD and added a rom. The card loaded fine, and then the rom loaded.

After playing around with it, I wanted to add my .sav, so I pressed the HOME button on my 3DS (not wanting to try ejecting the mSD while it was in use). It sat at the black screen for way longer than I'm used to, so I hard reset the 3DS. Afterward, I could not even boot up to EOS. On the 3DS home screen, it shows ALEX RIDER, but when I select it, it just shows 2 black screens, with no error.

I tried reformatting the mSD, as well as reseating both the mSD and DSTWO. Also, it will not boot in another 3DS, and I don't have access to a DS/Lite/DSi. Also, I tried the firmware update, just to be sure, and still nothing on either screen. Is this a dead cart, or am I doing something wrong? Or is this likely something that needs an older DS model to fix?

Theblackmage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I cleaned both for good measure, no luck. Unfortunately, while trying another mSD in the DSTWO, in case it was a bad card, the DSTWO started acting up even more. Any time that I am at the home menu of the 3DS while the DSTWO is in (this includes closing a game, hitting the home button, and powering the system), the 3DS freezes. I'm trying to borrow a friend's original DS to try it there, but I strongly suspect that, if it wasn't dead before, it is now. :(

In case it mattered, the second mSD that I tried wasn't a fresh reformat, but was used for my music player (it had a bunch of music, etc already on it when I added EOS). Was this a bad idea?

Theblackmage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's good to know. I did manage to try on a friend's DS, and all it did when I inserted the DSTWO was dim the backlight for a second then return to the "WARNING - HEALTH AND SAFETY" screen. Is it safe to assume that the card is 100% dead, or is it likely a firmware issue that could be fixed with the recovery program (that requires a second, working flashcard) mentioned in this post: http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&id=4166

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6rI8eXgDxd/?igsh=MWYybHY2YXoyM3I2cQ==