Hacking BootNTR New Version Research

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a something to say. I have an unhacked N3DS XL that's stuck onto OFW 11.2.0-35U after a forced update from having stuff I bought transferred from my dead old 3DS via a call with Nintendo, and I want to try installing BootNTR onto it safely. Do I need to do anything to get it set up? I do plan on buying a 2DS in a few days since I do have the extra funds to afford it if I need to do the dsiwarehax method.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a something to say. I have an unhacked N3DS XL that's stuck onto OFW 11.2.0-35U after a forced update from having stuff I bought transferred from my dead old 3DS via a call with Nintendo, and I want to try installing BootNTR onto it safely. Do I need to do anything to get it set up? I do plan on buying a 2DS in a few days since I do have the extra funds to afford it if I need to do the dsiwarehax method.
You need CFW - Luma - on it to have BootNTR. NTR injects into your home menu and isn't so much a CFW as Luma but just an addition to it. That said ... All I can say is pray the 2DS has a hackable firmware

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need CFW - Luma - on it to have BootNTR. NTR injects into your home menu and isn't so much a CFW as Luma but just an addition to it. That said ... All I can say is pray the 2DS has a hackable firmware
Ah, I see. So Luma is needed to get BootNTR to work. I'm praying for the 2014 model 2DS Mario Kart 7 bundle to have an earlier OFW as long as it's hackable. Praying hard for it.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. So Luma is needed to get BootNTR to work. I'm praying for the 2014 model 2DS Mario Kart 7 bundle to have an earlier OFW as long as it's hackable. Praying hard for it.

As long as the box was never opened, your chances of getting a hack-able firmware are 100%.
If it was opened and used, pray like hell and hope it's under 11.0.

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as the box was never opened, your chances of getting a hack-able firmware are 100%.
If it was opened and used, pray like hell and hope it's under 11.0.
I just checked GameStop, and they do have the 2DS Mario Kart 7 Bundle in stock as the store in my area has them. I should submit a hold request. It's in brand new condition.

Hexsyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most of 2ds mario kart bundles are at least the 6.0 firmware as I cant imagine them always restocking them with updated consoles since they always have MK7 bundled in them, although i wouldnt specifically go to gamestop as a sure thing, id go with walmart or target instead.

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most of 2ds mario kart bundles are at least the 6.0 firmware as I cant imagine them always restocking them with updated consoles since they always have MK7 bundled in them, although i wouldnt specifically go to gamestop as a sure thing, id go with walmart or target instead.
I already checked both of them. Walmart ran out of stock. Target doesn't have them in the list, just only Electric Blue 2 and Crimson Red 2.

Reactions: Hexsyz

JustKasto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The nankitas selector worked to me(New3DS EUR luma with arm9, sysnand 11.2) but im not sure it its cuz the version 11.2 or what but when i try to stream with the debugger it doesnt work properly(it gets stucks on 0fps after 5/10 sec of working)

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
can you make a non auto exit build i kinda found a away to use ntr on old 3ds with sun and moon but it can't get it to work because autoexit does not work in extened memory mode what i did is used the test menu to set memory mode to 80 which means it does not reboot when opening sun and moon and you can close and open apps but the auto exits do not work and i cannot test non auto exit versions since they don't work on the newer firmwares

Last edited by hacksn5s4,
Reactions: ken28

Yavga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
N3DSXL on SysNAND 9.2. with split Emunand on RX 11.2. I replaced Rxtools with the latest LUMA emu 11.2 but can still not succesfully boot into NTR on 11.2, Should I post dump files? (I am not using the arm9loaderhack)

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
@astronautlevel Do you know if its possible to make bootntr boot in extended memory mode, then enable NTR, and beable to switch to another extended memory mode game? i noticed that when going from one extended memory mode game to another the system doesn't reboot. i tried a test earlier but the system crashed when I pressed home after NTR has been loaded.
if you use the test menu you can make the 3ds boot in extended memory mode every time but ntr crashes once it goes to home menu since the inject address is probs different in extended memory mode and the normal address changes some thing else that causes the system to crash

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

ItsSprayCan

Trophies
XP
Country
NTR Viewer and NTR Debugger error please help?
Everything has been going fine with my debugger on my 3ds, I open NTR Viewer and it shows the set buff size, with a white screen. I put my connect command "(192.168.0.xx',8000)". I am using Luna CFW 6.6 with A9LH. However when I put the "remoteplay()" command on the NTR Debugger. I get this error "
> remoteplay()
null
Will be disconnected in 10 seconds to enhance performance.
> disconnect()
null
Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
Server disconnected.
"
What is the problem and how do I fix it?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My NTR isn't working. So ok, I tell you the full details of what I did:
I changed my SD Card, I have my 4GB Card in there now which I regionchanged for Ultimate NES Remix and Tri Force Heroes as main purpose.
So all good and the emuNAND is up to date 11.2-35U.
So I downloaded from the OP's post, assuming it's up to date (?) and installed it.
https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/download/3.3.1/BootNTR.cia That was the link.

Now I have an error, here it is:

BootNTR 2.4
tmpBuffer: 1418a000
IsNew3DS: 0
firmVersion: 00000000
param is missing: ntrConfig->PMvcRunAddr
testing svc_backDoor
testSvcBackdoor OK
unknown FIRM, access-checks could not be patched
InterProcessDmaFinishState: fff84404
copyRemoteMemory/controlProcessMemory OK

0x00200000 in HomeMenu: e794110
param is missing: ntrConfig->HomeMenuInjectAddr
unknown Home Menu
open ntr.bin failed
bnBootNTR failed
Press Home Button to return to the menu.

So yeah, that was it, it doesn't work.
Does it support regionchanged menus? I reinstalled the tickets after regionchange like the guide told you so.
I just don't know what's going on.... It's just weird.

Thanks for the help :)

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My NTR isn't working. So ok, I tell you the full details of what I did:
I changed my SD Card, I have my 4GB Card in there now which I regionchanged for Ultimate NES Remix and Tri Force Heroes as main purpose.
So all good and the emuNAND is up to date 11.2-35U.
So I downloaded from the OP's post, assuming it's up to date (?) and installed it.
https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases/download/3.3.1/BootNTR.cia That was the link.

Now I have an error, here it is:

BootNTR 2.4
tmpBuffer: 1418a000
IsNew3DS: 0
firmVersion: 00000000
param is missing: ntrConfig->PMvcRunAddr
testing svc_backDoor
testSvcBackdoor OK
unknown FIRM, access-checks could not be patched
InterProcessDmaFinishState: fff84404
copyRemoteMemory/controlProcessMemory OK

0x00200000 in HomeMenu: e794110
param is missing: ntrConfig->HomeMenuInjectAddr
unknown Home Menu
open ntr.bin failed
bnBootNTR failed
Press Home Button to return to the menu.

So yeah, that was it, it doesn't work.
Does it support regionchanged menus? I reinstalled the tickets after regionchange like the guide told you so.
I just don't know what's going on.... It's just weird.

Thanks for the help :)

https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Wake up, it's da first of da month
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Wake up, it's da first of da month