Hacking BootMii is not starting with an SanDisk (FAT32) 128 GB regular (non micro) SD-Card.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

But that is unfortunately not the only flaw alone / the main Issue.
It starts/boots/works with an 16 GB and 64 GB Transcend regular (no microSD !) SD Card.

But I can no longer start the "BootMii Configuration Tool" from the Homebrew Channel.
On all 3 SD Cards I got an ISI Screen.

First,it says "Initalising BootMii Configuration Editor (v2.7) - please wait" and right after that in the same Second comes the Screen:

P1020549.JPG

I also can no longer Boot from the BootMii Screen into the Homebrew Channel.

Priiloader is v0.10.0 installed,if that is important too.
Wii is PAL with 4.3E System Menu.
Internet is via USB/Network Adapter on upper Port 1.
Attached is a WD Elements 3 TB HDD on lower Port 0.

Thank you for your Help,my Friends.❤️

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry....but to come to my thinking....you should try to format your SD Card....maybe google panasonic sd formatter....as of my conclusion one of the best tools..then format and do a full one...then make a new SD Preparation with all needed files (i think you know what you're doing :) ), then try again.

It's known that the wii is a little special with 128GB SD Cards.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Ok,for the 128 GB SD Card,it seems to be normal,that BootMii did not recognize the SD Card.
So no BootMii boot.
Problem solved.:)

But for the Exception Screen when starting the BootMii Editor,I have no Idea.

- Re-installed the Homebrew Channel
- Re-installed BootMii as boot2

Nothing changed,BootMii Configuration Tool give me that Screen with all 3 SD Cards (16 GB / 64 GB / 128 GB).
Tried smaller SD Cards too (2 GB and 4 GB)....same....😢

• Sad
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you,I already know which Tool you have recommended me,thank you very much.😊👌

Sorry....but to come to my thinking....you should try to format your SD Card....maybe google panasonic sd formatter....as of my conclusion one of the best tools..then format and do a full one...then make a new SD Preparation with all needed files (i think you know what you're doing :) ), then try again.

It's known that the wii is a little special with 128GB SD Cards.
I come to this Conclusion,the Card is too big / incompatible.There is a (outdated) List with Cards that work/not work with BootMii.
Ok,for the 128 GB SD Card,it seems to be normal,that BootMii did not recognize the SD Card.
So no BootMii boot.
Problem solved.:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hmmmm......:unsure:

Maybe you download the configuration tool again....or try it with another version ?

AAAAnd.......post a syscheck ;)

Then eventually @XFlak can look into it ;)
Thank you.Everything done as suggested,my Friend.:)

sysCheck..how do I ?

:rofl2:

SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition von JoostinOnline, Double_A, R2-D2199, und Nano
...laeuft auf dem IOS58 (rev 6175).

Region: PAL
Systemmenue 4.3E (v514)
Priiloader installiert
Laufwerksdatum: 13.02.2007
Homebrewkanal 1.1.2 benutzt IOS58

Hollywood v0x11
Konsolen-ID: 52707652
Konsolentyp: Wii
Shop-Kanal-Land: Austria (66)
Boot2 v4
Es wurden 224 Titel gefunden.
Es wurden 49 IOS gefunden, von denen 5 funktionslos (Stub) sind.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS9 (rev 1034): Keine Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS11[60] (rev 65535, Info: rev 6174): Trucha Bug
IOS12 (rev 526): Keine Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS17 (rev 1032): Keine Patches
IOS20[60] (rev 65535, Info: rev 6174): Trucha Bug
IOS21 (rev 1039): Keine Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): Keine Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): Keine Patches
IOS30[60] (rev 65535, Info: rev 6174): Trucha Bug
IOS31 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff
IOS33 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Keine Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS40[60] (rev 65535, Info: rev 6174): Trucha Bug
IOS41 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): Keine Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): Keine Patches
IOS50[60] (rev 65535, Info: rev 6174): Trucha Bug
IOS51 (rev 4864): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS52 (rev 5888): Funktionslos (Stub)
IOS53 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): Keine Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): Keine Patches
IOS58 (rev 6175): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 65535, Info: rev 6174): Trucha Bug
IOS61 (rev 5662): Keine Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): Keine Patches
IOS70[60] (rev 65535, Info: rev 6174): Trucha Bug
IOS80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff
IOS202[60] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4, Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Zugriff, USB 2.0
IOS251[38] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Zugriff
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10
Bericht wurde am 17.03.2022 generiert.

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Till @XFlak is around....you could download modmii and drag your syscheck over modmii tool and it would tell you if something isn't the right way... :unsure:

There you go: https://modmii.github.io/

It's a very nice tool ;) ;) ;)

• Love

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thanks mate! Alex is actually one of my best beta testers so he's familiar with modmii :)

I'm not sure about the configuration editor, but the bootmii config file can be modified manually (or using modmii). So unless u are editing the config file frequently, not being able to use the wii configurator all probably isn't a big deal.

About your bootmii not being able to boot the homebrew channel, make sure u have the latest version of bootmii saved to your sd card (I. E. Run the hackmii installer and prepare an SD card). The static bootmii files available on the hackmii site are not the latest, the only way to get it is from the latest hackmii installer. Once your bootmii is updated to the latest, it should be able to launch the title ID of the latest hbc.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks mate! Alex is actually one of my best beta testers so he's familiar with modmii :)

I'm not sure about the configuration editor, but the bootmii config file can be modified manually (or using modmii). So unless u are editing the config file frequently, not being able to use the wii configurator all probably isn't a big deal.

About your bootmii not being able to boot the homebrew channel, make sure u have the latest version of bootmii saved to your sd card (I. E. Run the hackmii installer and prepare an SD card). The static bootmii files available on the hackmii site are not the latest, the only way to get it is from the latest hackmii installer. Once your bootmii is updated to the latest, it should be able to launch the title ID of the latest hbc.
Thank you my Friend.😊

What I have achived until now:

- BootMii works now from the 16 and the 64 GB SD Card - the 128 GB is maybe too big (can someone confirm this please ?) or it is the Brand,that BootMii does not recognizes the SD Card at the Startup.
EDIT: 16 GB SD Card is now not working/recognized on BootMii Startup.

- RE-Installed/updated to the latest BootMii and re-installed to boot2/updated the Files on the SD Cards.
- BootMii is still not booting into Homebrew Channel
- Found out about the Exception Screen - it was the attached WD 3 TB HDD......

Questions:

- Can this Behavior MAYBE a Side Effect from latest Priiloader is v0.10.0 ?
- Is it maybe some Kind of "Video/Frequencyissue" ?
- Or is maybe the SD Card Slot "broken" ?

I had a "Cover Downlod" Issue yesterday Night...
During USBLoader GX Cover download Process,it ends and after I checked the SD Card it was near empty/corrupted....

Thank you.😉

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Since I have no Idea,what is going on on this Wii:

- De-Installed BootMii as boot2
- De-Installed Homebrew Channel
- Used an 8 GB Kingston SD Card to re-install the HomeBrew Channel and BootMii as boot2 via HackMii Installer.
- Updated the Settings with the BootMii Config Tool

Everything works - boot from BootMii into Homebrw Channel is ok now.

Used the same Files for the 16 and 64 GB SD Card - works and everything is ok now.

Only the 128 GB SanDisk SD Card is not recognized by BootMii on the Startup.

Please,maybe can someone confirm,that a 128 GB or bigger regular SD Card is not working
booting BootMii installed to boot2 ?

Thank you.:)

• Love

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I don’t think priiloader should be a factor when trying to launch the HBC via bootmii; if you were trying to launch the SM then I’d say it could possibly be a factor, but this isn’t the case.

If you’re able to launch into bootmii, then your SD card and sd card slot definitely are not broken. Bootmii is being loaded off the sd card, so if the issue was with either of those things then it just wouldn’t load.

I’m not sure why bootmii isn’t loading the hbc for you, if both are up to date, it is very strange indeed. I would have to dig it out of my files from home (not at home atm) but iirc there is a way to configure bootmii to launch a channel (including the HBC). It’s not a “solution” but more of a workaround. Let me know if you’d like me to search for these files later when I get a chance.

edit: I didn't see your most recent post! Great! It's possible your sd card isn't compatible, full stop. However, the other thing you could try is formatting not just as FAT32, but also ensuring it's MBR.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I would if I could but I gave away my wii...
Thank you.💖😉

I don’t think priiloader should be a factor when trying to launch the HBC via bootmii; if you were trying to launch the SM then I’d say it could possibly be a factor, but this isn’t the case.

If you’re able to launch into bootmii, then your SD card and sd card slot definitely are not broken. Bootmii is being loaded off the sd card, so if the issue was with either of those things then it just wouldn’t load.

I’m not sure why bootmii isn’t loading the hbc for you, if both are up to date, it is very strange indeed. I would have to dig it out of my files from home (not at home atm) but iirc there is a way to configure bootmii to launch a channel (including the HBC). It’s not a “solution” but more of a workaround. Let me know if you’d like me to search for these files later when I get a chance.

edit: I didn't see your most recent post! Great! It's possible your sd card isn't compatible, full stop. However, the other thing you could try is formatting not just as FAT32, but also ensuring it's MBR.

This is the SanDisk SD Card:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07H48412Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I have ordered his one (Transcend):
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07CYS3KX1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Since I have only Transcend for the Wii,I think this will work.
(I do not know,why I bought an SanDisk this time, @TurdPooCharger warned us from Sandisk Cards.....:rolleyes:)

hdherlambang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Since I have no Idea,what is going on on this Wii:

- De-Installed BootMii as boot2
- De-Installed Homebrew Channel
- Used an 8 GB Kingston SD Card to re-install the HomeBrew Channel and BootMii as boot2 via HackMii Installer.
- Updated the Settings with the BootMii Config Tool

Everything works - boot from BootMii into Homebrw Channel is ok now.

Used the same Files for the 16 and 64 GB SD Card - works and everything is ok now.

Only the 128 GB SanDisk SD Card is not recognized by BootMii on the Startup.

Please,maybe can someone confirm,that a 128 GB or bigger regular SD Card is not working
booting BootMii installed to boot2 ?

i used my micro sd sandisk extreme 128gb and its normal bootmii & priiloader.

coz i dont have the regular one 😁

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3