Hacking Booting card2 retails on rxTools? Saves?

YamiZee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
On gateway it wasn't possible to boot retail carts, but i recently tried rxTools and noticed that it was possible there. I tried booting a card1 cart and it worked just fine. However I am hesitant to try a card2 due to how the encryption works. My saves could possibly be erased, so instead here I am asking you guys if it's safe to boot it. Does the encryption carry over? Will my card2 saves be safe if I boot them from rxTools emunand? (sysnand is 9.2 if it matters)

YamiZee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Not too sure on how to do that, but if the encryption is wrong would it even work?
Also if others could confirm it as well

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not too sure on how to do that, but if the encryption is wrong would it even work?
Also if others could confirm it as well
Pokemon will warn you that the game is corrupted and won't let you play it. Many games don't warn you, they simply delete your save game.

As suggested export your save with SaveDataFiler, this will decrypt the save. You can then import the save again encrypting using the new encryption.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel