Boot2vWii Precompiled?

Deleted member 585853

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I don't have access to a pc and Wii Menu 480p doesn't work with aroma so does anyone have a functioning wuhb of Boot2vWii connectmii with 480p? I found one on this site but it gives me a system memory error.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have access to a pc and Wii Menu 480p doesn't work with aroma so does anyone have a functioning wuhb of Boot2vWii connectmii with 480p? I found one on this site but it gives me a system memory error.
you can build it if you have the icons and the rpx. a system memory error is what happens if you try booting up an rpx of a wuhb without being on aroma.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works but is there no way to make it 480p? My TV supports changing overscan settings for each resolution and 480p is set to make the vWii not have black bars.
I'm not sure. I could see if there's such a command, but I don't understand code.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked. there doesn't seem to be such an option. here are the options according to the github:

• APP_NAME: Name of the title in the Wii U Menu (defaults to Boot2vWii)
  • APP_SHORTNAME: Short app name, if needed
  • APP_AUTHOR: Homebrew author
  • ICON: Path to a 128x128 PNG used as Wii U Menu icon
  • TV_SPLASH: Path to a 1280x720 PNG used as the TV's splash screen
  • DRC_SPLASH: Path to a 854x480 PNG used as the Wii U GamePad's splash screen
  • TIDHIGH: First 8 chars of the title ID of the channel that you want to boot (defaults to 0x00010001)
  • TIDLOW: Last 8 chars of the title ID of the channel that you want to boot (defaults to 0x44434f41, which is the ConnectMii channel)
  • DISPLAY: Display mode of the booted vWii channel. Supported modes are: TV, DRC (GamePad) or BOTH (defaults to BOTH). Note that it falls back to the GamePad if no TV is connected.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is slightly related. Using the hex characters is a bit more difficult than using a Wii ID letters. Does anyone here know the hex characters for the Open Homebrew Channel? And while we're at it, does anyone have a Homebrew Channel 128x128 icon?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is slightly related. Using the hex characters is a bit more difficult than using a Wii ID letters. Does anyone here know the hex characters for the Open Homebrew Channel? And while we're at it, does anyone have a Homebrew Channel 128x128 icon?
they're the same thing. the four digit letters are the ascii or text version of the hex.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they're the same thing. the four digit letters are the ascii or text version of the hex.
Right... So I found this website below that helps to convert the code.

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/number/ascii-to-hex.html

You just need to take out the spaces. But sure enough, if you take Wiiflow which is DWFA and put it though this converter, it comes up with the code that he has posted as an example, towards the bottom of the readme file. However I type in OBHC, get the code, type in "0x4F484243" and every single time it loads vWii, and my Wii U reboots. What am I doing wrong?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tested and works. I found the title id by going through my decrypted vwii. it's LULZ converted to hex.

Attachments

• Homebrew Channel.zip
    38.9 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: Teddie

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tested and works. I found the title id by going through my decrypted vwii. it's LULZ converted to hex.
Well I'm starting to think I am doing something wrong here. But first off, are you sure that the HBC ID is LULZ? I just installed Tiramisu and Aroma today, I redid my softmodded vWii, installed USB Loader and it told me that the ID for it was OHBC. But I think thats besides the point, because I took the example posted on the readme to create a wuhb for wiiflow, and it failed too. Now I can open my vWii, start all of these apps just fine. So I'm starting to think that I might not have the correct rendering tools. I downloaded devkitProand figured out how to download pacman. Do I have everything that I need? Or could you possibly render a boot2vwii using OHBC for me? Any help would be appreciated.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm starting to think I am doing something wrong here. But first off, are you sure that the HBC ID is LULZ? I just installed Tiramisu and Aroma today, I redid my softmodded vWii, installed USB Loader and it told me that the ID for it was OHBC. But I think thats besides the point, because I took the example posted on the readme to create a wuhb for wiiflow, and it failed too. Now I can open my vWii, start all of these apps just fine. So I'm starting to think that I might not have the correct rendering tools. I downloaded devkitProand figured out how to download pacman. Do I have everything that I need? Or could you possibly render a boot2vwii using OHBC for me? Any help would be appreciated.
Did you try mine?

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then, it's related to the title id's on your system. Do you have a slcmpt dump along with your otp.bin?
I do not have those backups.

BTW, you need the forwarder channel for that app installed or it won't work.
I have one for HBC, whitch I think is labeled OHBC. I do not have one for wiiflow. Let me go do that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not have those backups.

I have one for HBC, whitch I think is labeled OHBC. I do not have one for wiiflow. Let me go do that.
Then ftp to the slcmpt, look on the boot2vwii for the high id, find that under the title folder, then you'll see a list of your installed apps, look up the various title id's of the homebrew channel (there are like five of them), type them into ascii in a new file with HxD to see the hex title id. Use that when making your forwarder. This only works with aroma.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed a Wiiflow forwarder in my vWii menu and my boot2vwii still failed... I have to be doing something wrong in the rendering.

Then ftp to the slcmpt, look on the boot2vwii for the high id, find that under the title folder, then you'll see a list of your installed apps, look up the various title id's of the homebrew channel (there are like five of them), type them into ascii in a new file with HxD to see the hex title id. Use that when making your forwarder. This only works with aroma.

I am kind of following you here. I allowed access to all of the folders, found the slcmpt01, title folder. But all I found were folders with many numbers and I have no idea how to find the hex from there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IIbOZmwvI