Hardware Bluetooth drivers keep corrupting

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having serious troubles with my bluetooth dongle/drivers. The connection between the phone and the dongle itself is really hit and miss. I continually have to keep trying to re-pair it until eventually it connects. And after each disconnection I have to remove the PC from the paired list on the phone and then go back to continually trying to get it to pair again.

However I think all the hardware problems are actually caused by a software problem. My bluetooth drivers (generic drivers) constantly keep corrupting. After every power off/reboot replugging in the dongle (it doesn't recognise it if I leave it plugged in during boot) the drivers end up becoming corrupted somehow. I have to remove the device from the device manager (with delete drivers ticked) and go through installing the dongle again. This doesn't always work first time either, sometimes it can be 3 or 4 attempts before the driver installs.

Anyone know what could be causing this? Is there anyway to completely remove all the bluetooth drivers from the system and start afresh? Or is there a set of drivers for generic dongles I could use that are more stable? I'm starting to get really frustrated with it. Before anyone asks I don't have the USB->Phone cable so have to use bluetooth until I pick one up. It'd be nice to solve the problem though in case I need to use other bluetooth devices in the future.

Solution
I suppose you're using a cheap or noname BT dongle. Are you?

I'd recommend buying a better / named one then. BT as well as e.g. WLAN are really hell sometimes with cheap devices. Much a hit or miss. Even your statement with 'generic driver' does not change my opinion.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I suppose you're using a cheap or noname BT dongle. Are you?

I'd recommend buying a better / named one then. BT as well as e.g. WLAN are really hell sometimes with cheap devices. Much a hit or miss. Even your statement with 'generic driver' does not change my opinion.

Solution

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it's just a cheap dongle. It was given to me with the phone. It works on another machine but plays up to buggery on mine. Oh well, I'll just write it off as a non-worker and pay for a decent dongle when I need one.

scrmst : This is happening with the win7 drivers. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo