Homebrew blargSnes -- SNES emulator for the 3DS (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Well tested 2 of the games which had graphic issues on 1.2 :
Cool Spot
2mhbeic.jpg

on 1.2 it had some flickering in the sky but that's been taken care of but now it has this.

King of dragon still has same issue as before
2h3c040.jpg

basically same as with Cool Spot, just less showing.

Overall roms I've tested worked in optimal speed and sound is awesome.
Thank you staple and disco for the great work :yaynds:

loco365

Trophies
XP
Yay, nice to see 1.3 out. I gave it a spin, but a few issues:
A Link To The Past fails to load existing save data or run a new game.
Final Fantasy III does not run after the initial cutscene, or if you press A.

Every other game I ran worked, including a little surprise I'll post later once I'm on my laptop.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I can confirm Team Fail 's findings with ALTTP (U). Starting a new game results in a black screen forever, and the rain sound effects play. Chrono Trigger's attract mode also goes to a black screen after the dragon tank boss demo/Crono on trial scene, playing the title music forever.

Edit: What the hell? My initial post got eaten.

Reactions: VinsCool

loco365

Trophies
XP
Anyways...

GAbnvRO.png

That's using the Burn-In Test ROM. Goes to show how well this emulator works and how far it's come.

Oh and StapleButter if you want to test blargSnes' compatibility with this testing rom and you can't find it, PM me.

Reactions: VinsCool

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Well tested 2 of the games which had graphic issues on 1.2 :
Cool Spot

on 1.2 it had some flickering in the sky but that's been taken care of but now it has this.

King of dragon still has same issue as before

basically same as with Cool Spot, just less showing.

Overall roms I've tested worked in optimal speed and sound is awesome.
Thank you staple and disco for the great work :yaynds:

Was just testing out Cool Spot. Not sure what the problem is, but I got to a "spot" where it had 2 crabs, and one was glitching out. When I tapped the touchscreen to pause and unpause the emulator, they'd switch (not consistently with each unpause) as to which would be glitched out, but it was always one glitched, and the other not. They would not switch as the emulator ran.

With King of Dragon, the glitching seemed to occur with every sprite when they'd switch various frames of animation.

Jim~

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can happily report that with 1.3, Tetris Attack now functions with proper tile-shifting on all layers. Other than some weird color palette issues on certain screens, it's running perfect :D

n7N2H4D.png

Seraphiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Was just testing out Cool Spot. Not sure what the problem is, but I got to a "spot" where it had 2 crabs, and one was glitching out. When I tapped the touchscreen to pause and unpause the emulator, they'd switch (not consistently with each unpause) as to which would be glitched out, but it was always one glitched, and the other not. They would not switch as the emulator ran.

With King of Dragon, the glitching seemed to occur with every sprite when they'd switch various frames of animation.

Hmm well in Cool Spot it happened also with the poof thing that appears when you kill something as well, didn't check other parts so far however i did notice that if i remove rendering in settings that sprite glitch doesn't happen but then the game runs slower, same with King of Dragons.

Also i tried Saturday Night Slammasters and I'm sure it worked fine in 1.2 but now it doesn't seem to load at all and even made my 3ds crash after few tries, is there an issue with long named roms maybe?.

Dyne115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have done fantastic work, all of you, and I thank you deeply as I am now able to play EVO Search for Eden on the go properly.

What I wanted to ask is that I am still on Ninjahax 1.0, I have not updated, but I can still load BlargSnes 1.3 properly. Would the emulator improve if I updated my Ninjahax to 1.1b at all or would it make any difference at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol