OP
Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hi ho,
already post it in a ntrBoot releated thread but i think a own thread gives a higher chance of a helping answer.

Got a R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) and flashed it from a N3DS by Luma Chainloader => NTR Flasher.
Also a Bricked Old 3DS with Corrupted Nand.
The O3DS only boots into a Bluescreen.
Hardmod isn't possible anymore since the last guy who tried to make it fkt up on ped while restoring a nand backup...

Well. booting it up with the key combination and all the files on a SDHC 4GB, FAT32 and the Magnet on the right position only brings up a NOTHING instead of the bluescreen.
The power led lights up normaly.

Any ideas?

Xeonhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* You could be having contact issues, try slipping paper under the sticker part of the cart.

*Try reflashing with the latest version.

*Try testing the cart and files on your functioning n3ds to see if it goes into ntrboothax.

Reactions: DarkIrata

DarkIrata

OP
Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Tried with paper, nothing.
Reflashed it multiple times, nothing.
Tested it on the n3ds, works with the same file already on the sd and same flash on the r4

Xeonhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magnets on right position? Should be on or under the B button. Just keep trying, I had similar issues but it was just comtact issues that was easily fixed with double folded flashcard paper

DarkIrata

OP
Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Will try further with paper when i'm home. :)
And yes the magnet is on the right position, since it would else show a bluescreen.

DarkIrata

OP
Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Hi ho,
sorry for taking to long to make an update on the problem.

So tried a little bit more with paper, a magnet with a 100% trigger rate same result.
Blackscreen, only blue power LED.

In this time i could flash a New3DS with the same card and sdcard without any problem.
Also, if i try the same without the R4 Card, i get the good old bricked bluescreen.

So my guess is the SD Card. Replaced it a few times, same problem..

Xeonhawk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi ho,

So tried a little bit more with paper, a magnet with a 100% trigger rate same result.

In this time i could flash a New3DS with the same card and sdcard without any problem.
Also, if i try the same without the R4 Card, i get the good old bricked bluescreen.

try renaming the file ntrboot.firm

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi ho,

What is your boot.firm file? What are you trying to load up?

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have this same problem, my R4i B9s just came in the post today and my 3DS got bricked during a botched downgrade. Blackscreen with or without magnet. Should there be an SD card in the Flashcart or what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then...