Gaming Black Ops 2 On-line Issue?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I got my Wii U 2 nights ago and one of the games I bought is CoD BO2.
I'm having a major issue with on-line connectivity.
I haven't played a single match on-line yet, because every time I try, it scans for available public rooms and tries to see which ones I can access, the result always being none.

I've just been sitting there staring at the "Waiting for 3 more players" message for ages.

Is the on-line functionality region-based? If so, I'm in deep trouble. The number of Wii U owners in this city can probably be counted with one hand, no joke, let alone the number who actually own and play BO2.

I have my country set to the United States, despite not actually living there. This is because when set to where I actually am, all on-line features (Miiverse, eShop, TVii, etc) are disabled completely.

I've been thinking, what if the game tries to find someone in the United States (what my Wii U is set to) but filters out any player whose latency is too high? If that's the case I'll never be able to play on-line, at all. I don't know, this is freaking me out a little. Was really hoping to have a blast on-line.

So, does anyone know what the cause is? And is there any way to fix this issue that you may know of? Cheers.

rufus83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had trouble finding games to play in even living in the United States. There aren't that many people online yet. When you first fire up multiplayer and choose Public Games you should see how many people are currently online at the bottom of the screen. Check that. If there are any then maybe try a different game type.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You gotta realize, the WiiU is just little over a week old, and most people probably didn't buy Blops 2 with it. Maybe a thousand or so, and they could be in different time zones or something.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hm, guess you guys are right. I'll give the Wii U some time to mature and popularise within the "hardcore" community. Hoping this resolves the issue. Main reason I made this thread is because I was getting quite terrified that this is SSBB's on-line all over again, which would of course be a total bummer, because for me a CoD game's selling point is its on-line play.

lol i dunno whats worse the fact u bought BO2 or the fact u bought BO2 on the Wii U
That was completely unnecessary. I buy and play whatever I want. Thank you for your input.

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
Would've loved to help you,but it seems I will have to look into this myself after I pick my European Wii u up today(With Mario bros.U,BLOPS2,Fifa 13 and AC3)I'll try to help as soon as I get mine ;)

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Do a speedtest of you internet and check your NAT type. If your speed isn't garbage and your NAT is moderate or better, then it definitely is due to no one playing that game type. If you are in the US, make sure to play in the evening. I see way more people on then than in the morning time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated