Bioshock: The Collection announcement trailer released

Remastered BioShock: The Collection Coming September 13, 2016 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Remastered BioShock: The Collection Coming September 13, 2016 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC
Three BioShock games. All of the single-player DLC. Remastered for modern machines. One value packed bundle.

It’s been nine years since Irrational Games and 2K took you on a terrifying journey to the depths of the underwater city of Rapture with BioShock. Five years since you returned to Rapture in BioShock 2. Three years since you grabbed a skyhook and sailed across the floating city of Columbia in BioShock Infinite. And on September 13, 2016 (September 15 in Australia and September 16 internationally), you can relive these award-winning adventures or experience them for the very first time remastered for current-gen consoles and digital PC with BioShock: The Collection.

Countless fans have asked for this since the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One arrived – and we listened! Working with Blind Squirrel Games, we’ve remastered BioShock, BioShock 2, andBioShock Infinite for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC making them look better than ever*.BioShock: The Collection brings the three titles together for the first time, complete with all single-player DLC** and a never-before-seen video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” which includes insights from Ken Levine.

If you’ve never experienced the series before, now is the time to play it and see for yourself why the award-winning BioShock franchise has topped countless “Best-Of” lists and garnered more than 125 awards including two BAFTA honors, as well as many Best of E3, Best of Gamescom, and Game of the Year accolades from respected outlets such as IGN, GameSpot,Game Informer, and many more . The weapons, plasmids, levels, and character models that shocked you years ago have been reskinned and retextured to look better than ever. On top of that, all single-player DLC created for all three games comes loaded in one package. The bundled content for BioShock: The Collection includes:

· BioShock
o The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead onBioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
o Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
o Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.

· BioShock 2 (**Multiplayer will not be included)
o Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you've never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva's Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
o Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.

· BioShock Infinite
o Burial at Sea - Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes theBioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
o Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
o Columbia's Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and theUpgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.

:arrow:Bioshock: The Collection Official Site

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
"Remastered"

I bought all the Bioshock when they were on sale on Steam and even on my mid-level PC, at 1080p, it still looks gorgeous. So I have to wonder what they did to this to make it even special? Adding a commentary still isn't enough to make me double dip and after finishing the story in Infinite, it's not exactly a game I want to jump back into again even if the city in the skies looks so beautiful.
Most likely nothing, maybe like RE4 "Ultimate HD Edition" where they pretty much opened their textures in Photoshop and applied a sharpen filter.
These, incorrectly titled "remasters" are not remasters. It's just a way to make a re-release sound legitimate. A way to push the games to the new potatoes. I wouldn't be surprised if the console versions are still gonna be 30 fps.
If it was an actual remaster it'd be fucking sweet, updating BioShock 1 to UE4 as opposed to their custom hack of 2.5 + 3. BioShock is my all time favorite game, I've played the shit out of it. The scenes shown in the trailer are IDENTICAL, the textures are still as muddy, look at the table in Kashmir. MAYBE they added a bit more detail to the buildings and shit in the very first bathysphere scene, but I doubt it.

At least maybe some younger gamers will get to experience one of the best games ever made, so that's nice, but they could just be up front and say it's a re-release of the same version.

Last edited by Shadowfied,

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country

No thanks. Greatly overhyped game - good, but not "buy it yet again on a new platform" good.

I would never put BioShock and overhyped in the same sentence :P Maybe 2 and Infinite. They are great, but they have nothing on the first game. I've yet to experience something so unique as Bioshock 1 in terms of story, environments and characters.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PC version of Bioshock has shitty mouse acceleration & weird sensitivity settings, which is why it feels like crap. You can dig around in the .ini to fix it though. Animations and physics are capped at 30fps as well, but there is a mod to fix that now.

Anyway.

PC gamers get bioshock 1 & 2 for free if you already have the originals.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/8850/announcements/detail/606114300066920422

"It’s a circus of values! And if you already own BioShock, BioShock 2, and/or Minerva’s Den on Steam, you will be able to upgrade to the remastered version of the respective title(s) for free after release. It’s a circus of values!"

Only those, not infinite because

"*BioShock Infinite is not being remastered on PC because it already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings. "

So pc owners of the originals can get the remasters for free & right now they are 80% off in the steam sale, so if you don't have them and want the remasters, now is the time to buy :).

Reactions: Shadowfied and Qtis

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
PC version of Bioshock has shitty mouse acceleration & weird sensitivity settings, which is why it feels like crap. You can dig around in the .ini to fix it though. Animations and physics are capped at 30fps as well, but there is a mod to fix that now.

Anyway.

PC gamers get bioshock 1 & 2 for free if you already have the originals.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/8850/announcements/detail/606114300066920422

"It’s a circus of values! And if you already own BioShock, BioShock 2, and/or Minerva’s Den on Steam, you will be able to upgrade to the remastered version of the respective title(s) for free after release. It’s a circus of values!"

Only those, not infinite because

"*BioShock Infinite is not being remastered on PC because it already meets current-gen console standards and runs smoothly on high visual settings. "

So pc owners of the originals can get the remasters for free & right now they are 80% off in the steam sale, so if you don't have them and want the remasters, now is the time to buy :).
Also if you own infinite, it's even cheaper along the lines of $5 for 1&2.

Still the only unanswered question is whether Minerva's Den will be made available for owners of BS2 or will it need to be purchased separately (~$7.5 for the lot if you own infinite)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would never put BioShock and overhyped in the same sentence :P Maybe 2 and Infinite. They are great, but they have nothing on the first game. I've yet to experience something so unique as Bioshock 1 in terms of story, environments and characters.
Bioshock is an immensely dumbed down experience. It was supposed to be a spiritual successor to System Shock, but devolved into an above average FPS - that's all there is to it. The game's fine, it's just not "I'll buy this again" fine. Maybe if it's a bargain, but only then. ;)

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Cashgrab generation proves people are very satisfied with the current consoles graphic capabilities and performance, despite the "unimpressive" rant, since theyre willing to drop full 60 dollars on same old games most of them already played.

This remake/remaster trend just needs to die.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres nothing wrong with it, especially for people that never played the games the first time around, now they can play enhanced versions of the originals

Reactions: Ericzander

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
"Remastered"

I bought all the Bioshock when they were on sale on Steam and even on my mid-level PC, at 1080p, it still looks gorgeous. So I have to wonder what they did to this to make it even special? Adding a commentary still isn't enough to make me double dip and after finishing the story in Infinite, it's not exactly a game I want to jump back into again even if the city in the skies looks so beautiful.
I really have to wonder if PC even needs this.
It was mentioned once, but I figure I'd tag you both to let you know. If you own the games on Steam already than the upgrade is free.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
When is the Remastered Super Hyper Ultra Turbo HD Definitive Edition coming out?
...or is that only for Street Fighter?
Street Fighter and Resident Evil 4. Of course Resident Evil only ended up looking worse. No work WHATSOEVER was put into those editions.
First, HD for PS3 and 360, then Ultimate HD for PC. Both looked arse, like, not even close to REmake on fucking GameCube.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

gmaes I really want remasters for:
Spyro 1-3 (If it is handled like the Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, and Ratchet & Clank remasters)
Crash Bash (If it is handled like the Jak & Daxter, Sly Cooper, and Ratchet & Clank remasters)

First, Spyro 1-3 would have to be remade than simply remastered to remap the controls and other features so it'd be up to date. Second, Crash Bash? I liked it in my teen years but good grief, playing that now just feels like a chore as to how bad it has aged (an awful Mario Party clone).

EDIT: Hope Activision doesn't screw up the HD Collection of Crash Bandicoot 1-3. :)

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Large creep