Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy gets release date

You can soon re-experience the latter three titles in the Ace Attorney series, or play them for the first time, as Capcom is releasing the Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy early next year. Collecting Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice. All three titles were last made available on mobile, and prior to that, Nintendo 3DS, with this collection bringing them all to modern platforms. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy will release for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam, on January 25, 2024.

eigenvector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Booted up my 3DS to check if I had played all Apollo games. Turns out I'm missing Dual Destinies. Guess I'll have to give it to Chary for reminding me of this game

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has a bit more of blood than previous games, and the plot gets darker at some points.
Nothing really excessive, but enough to rise one step the ranking (in Europe it went from 12+ to 16+)

what-accounts-for-an-m-rating-in-dual-destinies.large.jpg

images
TBH, I've seen worse in a crime game. If this is as bad as it gets, then I might actually play it. (The bottom pic looks like the two characters were simply painted with red, instead of showing actual blood and guts!)

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This series, and Trauma Center, were the very first DS games I ever played in my life. I can't wait for this.

PLEASE GIVE US TRAUMA CENTER.

Trauma center deserves a monument.

S ranking all the missions was very satisfying.
And the tsundere nurse was also part of the experience.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trauma center deserves a monument.

S ranking all the missions was very satisfying.
And the tsundere nurse was also part of the experience.
Trauma Centetr was essentially THE game that got me stoked for the DS in the first place. There had never been anything like it before.

And you're right. When you S rank one of those X missions near the end? I can't think of any game giving me that much satisfaction. No trophies, no gamer points, nothing to show off for anyone. But YOU knew that you just kicked the ass of one of the hardest REAL physical challenges that any video game has ever produced.

Reflexes are one thing when you are pressing a button. Something entirely different when you are frantically tapping, sliding, swiping, scratching, holding and slashing, with a stylus in both hands.

Chris_Dai_Gyakuten_Saiban

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did play one of the early Ace Attorney titles, but didn't go far. BTW, does anyone know why Dual Destinies is rated M? I've hesitated to get it in times past because of that rating, but I don't know if it's the ESRB overreacting or if it's, like, gratuitous violence or whatever.
As far as I know or was told, the reason why Dual Destinies was rated M was because of a court bombing that happened around the release of the game (the game contained a court case similar to that event) on top of that the story was much more darker and had much more blood than previous entries, which earned its M rating. I hope this answers your question.

Reactions: HarveyHouston

Alagara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact this trilogy is getting a re-release makes me feel a bazillion years old. But I'm still happy for it! I can't wait to get soft-locked on an "examine envelope" section again because I have a tiny peanut brain. Will definitely be picking this one up!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The most infuriating part of Apollo Justice was that one witness where
you had to focus on that he was sweating from his armpits. Because when he was lying he started sweating more. And the sweat would magically vanish after he finished his lie. This is a totally normal thing that sweat does.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most infuriating part of Apollo Justice was that one witness where
you had to focus on that he was sweating from his armpits. Because when he was lying he started sweating more. And the sweat would magically vanish after he finished his lie. This is a totally normal thing that sweat does.
That entire aspect of the game is dumb. You basically act as a human polygraph, and polygraphs are complete BS.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You basically act as a human polygraph, and polygraphs are complete BS.
Really now, so is spirit channeling.

(Another bit from the earlier games that stands out in my mind as particularly fishy was that one bit in Justice For All where the judge realizes a hole in a dress sleeve smells like gunpowder!? Surely that's not feasible..?)

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Trauma Centetr was essentially THE game that got me stoked for the DS in the first place. There had never been anything like it before.

And you're right. When you S rank one of those X missions near the end? I can't think of any game giving me that much satisfaction. No trophies, no gamer points, nothing to show off for anyone. But YOU knew that you just kicked the ass of one of the hardest REAL physical challenges that any video game has ever produced.

Reflexes are one thing when you are pressing a button. Something entirely different when you are frantically tapping, sliding, swiping, scratching, holding and slashing, with a stylus in both hands.

Amen to that.

Exactly what I always said about this game.
Trophies and achievements were not a necessity back then.

There is one moment in your playthrough when you understand that your speed is not limited by the hardware and ''buttons pressing", but by your train of thoughs. Stylus allows you to be so fast that muscle memory does 90% of the job.

More than 15 years later, I can still pick up the "under the knife" mission and heal 5 Kyriaki below 7min30, no sweat and with a big stupid satisfaction smile. It even helped me focus before important appointments back in the days. Ha, youth.

The X missions, darn, well done S-ranking them !
Did you remember the Triti ?
This one took me hell of a time, no more than one or two attempts per day in order to handle the adrenaline rush.
Rule n°1, spam the gel, it slows down the DS !

I always advocated for a vita version, but the serie didn't sold well enough...Geez, I hate gamers.
Did you play Trauma team ?

Nice story, it had a lot of Ace attorney elements, first aid and generalist were very fun but sadly, surgery became way too easy.

Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The X missions, darn, well done S-ranking them !
Did you remember the Triti ?
This one took me hell of a time, no more than one or two attempts per day in order to handle the adrenaline rush.
Rule n°1, spam the gel, it slows down the DS !

I always advocated for a vita version, but the serie didn't sold well enough...Geez, I hate gamers.
Did you play Trauma team ?

Nice story, it had a lot of Ace attorney elements, first aid and generalist were very fun but sadly, surgery became way too easy.
The Triti. Dear god, the Triti.

That was the motherfuckerest of all the fuckers. Even WITH a guide. YouTube had barely even started by then, and there absolutely were no video walkthroughs of ANYTHING except Doom, Quake and Super Mario 64. You had to memorize specific numbers off of an ASCII-rendered GameFAQs guide. God help you.

The first time through, I didn't care about ranking, didn't care about letting my patient almost die. Didn 't have the patience. I think I even used cheats.

Then, when you get good at the game and learn to calm down and use precision over speed, you can pluck all of those bastards out flawlessly, and it feels amazing to see no puffs and no screen shake letting you know you just lost your run.

Harder than hell. Tougher than nails. Created actual new pathways in your brain to accommodate beating the game on the highest level.

They just don't make 'em like that anymore.

I tried Trauma Team on the Wii, and it was actually also THE first game I got for that system. Not quite the same precision as dual-wielding stylii, and it didn't give me the same feeling of being a super precise surgeon as the DS games did.

Don't get me started on how much I am disappointed in the support the Vita didn't get. That could have been the greatest handheld console of all time. I have derailed this topic enough with my Trauma Center worship.

Last edited by WalterSlovotsky,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol