Gaming Biggest 3ds title let down?

TechyTurtle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that the 3ds era has matured, there has been a lot games realeased for this portable. Wat games (regardless of what method you got it :b) habe been the biggest disapointments.
For me its rodea sky soldier, triforce heroes, fossil fighters and pokemon smd and pokemon gates to infinity

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't care for Triforce Heroes much ether, and Kirby Planet Robobit seemed like a reskin of Triple Deluxe to me. I played both Gates to Infinity and Super Mystery Dungeon, and SMD was much better than GTI. Super Mystery Dungeon felt more complete to me, since Gates to Infinity lacked lots of mechanics from the older games like hunger and throwable items. (I can't remember 100% if it had the stick items or not.)

MuscleMuscleHust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that the 3ds era has matured, there has been a lot games realeased for this portable. Wat games (regardless of what method you got it :b) habe been the biggest disapointments.
For me its rodea sky soldier, triforce heroes, fossil fighters and pokemon smd and pokemon gates to infinity

Hometown Story. It was suppose to be a Harvest Moon successor

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also dont like starfox 64 3d, it was too short and too easy
It was a remake of a n64 game.... It was exactly the length of the original game, and had 3 difficulty levels. The original game had 1. I don't see how this is a let down but hey, you are entitled to your opinion.

For me it was also paper mario sticker star. I expected pm:ttyd-like gameplay. Boy was i disappointed....

TechyTurtle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fossil fighter for the 3ds was bad but the ds obes were good. NSMB2 felt way too eady and a waste of the game. They should of increase the coin limit to a life

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hometown Story - was supposed to be a great HM title, and it just felt weirdly cut down. Guess I'd be picking up Rune Factory 4 from Amazon to fulfill my wish for an HM clone.

Monster Hunter Generations - pre-ordered it, got it, and got to the first of the Fated Four. The lack of a cohesive story turned me off, even though I was mostly into the big boss fights. That said, I haven't gone online with my friends yet. (I'm putting this onto my gf's N3DS XL and hoping she gets into it AND then hoping that we could play through with each other.)

Yokai Watch 2 - was hoping that there was a cute story, and that the mechanics were improved from the first game. Nope, the story was dragged out into a mess (yes, I watched the Yokai Watch ova, and telling a story about a civil war was entertaining) - but in the game? 1 hour before we met Hovernyan, and more padding than anything else. Good thing I actually pirated this, sheesh. And the mechanics are back to annoy and frustrate you. I don't want to make myself googly eyed just to catch a monster...

TechyTurtle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario and luigi paparer jam was good bit it felt too rushed becuase they needed to expand tje area cuase of dash boots and the story felt choppy. I liked the idea of papaer mario though and had no problem with the gsmeplay; except thise damn toad things!!!

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fire Emblem Fates. Awakening was a brilliant game that I spent over a hundred 100 hours playing but for Fates, I wasn't too overjoyed about splitting it but I still went ahead and bought the special edition with all three games on it. I absolutely couldn't stand the characters and it really didn't give me any motivation to keep them and level them up. I know Conquest is suppose to be the "challenging" one but running out of gold quickly meant I bit the the bullet and bought the DLC to get money and exp. Then I stopped once I was a few chapters into the Revelation version.

Maybe there were some points where I thought, "hey, this isn't so bad" but all I could think of was, "I wish I was replaying Awakening again".

Reactions: TechyTurtle

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol