Lywx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
gqPkeCR.png

Hey guys! This is a wip project, I made a switch port of the amazing Super Mario World, its still on an early state but its fully playable, compared to my old zelda 3 and super metroid port, this comes with some cool features like support of native recording, a custom background ( Its a PoC ) and in the future im gonna try to add even more stuff!

1684897771763.png
1684897794999.png

1684833806235.png
1684834066227.png

1684833832807.png

7hHdmsD.png

Precompiled Binary
  • You can download a precompiled binary with or without the animated background
Requirements
  • You require a rom of Super Mario World ( It needs to be called smw.sfc )
  • Latest atmosphere ( You can get it from here )
  • A device with Windows / Linux or MacOS to build the rom with DevKitPro
  • Git
Building
  • Clone the smw repository from here, make sure to specify the --recursive argument ( We need to wait until my PR gets merged )
  • Download and install DevKitPro from here
  • If using windows, make sure to prefix all the pacman commands with dkp-
  • On the terminal, switch to sm/src/platform/switch and type make
  • When the build finish, transfer the .ini, nro and your sm.smc rom to your switch using usb or ftp
  • Enjoy <3!
Commands

Bash:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/snesrev/smw
(dkp)-pacman -S git switch-dev switch-sdl2 switch-tools
cd sm/src/platform/switch
make -j$(nproc)

Supported Versions
  • Super Mario World - 6b47bb75d16514b6a476aa0c73a683a2a4c18765

HoV8irR.png

Missing Stuff
  • Rumble support
  • A settings menu using imgui or any other library
  • Saves tied to the selected user

zwcEcEO.png

PD: If you like my work, please support me here, im gonna try to keep working on this incredible ports <3

Last edited by Lywx,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
While this looks interesting, the Switch hardware is more that good enough to run the game in an emulator without problems.
The project is about to run on native hardware instead of emulating, by now the program even compare an emulated rom with the actual result and if differs generate an alert.

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw the SMW decomp get released on the Snesrev Discord server not that long ago, I was guessing a Switch port was soon to follow.

That didn't take long lmao, great job Lywx.

now pls play in 4:3

Reactions: lordelan

Girtana1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this looks interesting, the Switch hardware is more that good enough to run the game in an emulator without problems.
that's not the point lmao, plus it is crazy to see the game have INSTANT load times and absolutely no lag (like when there's a handful of sprites on screen) I haven't kept up with SMW stuff in forever but I can only imagine the insane potential this brings to the table for 'ROM hacks' now

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
that's not the point lmao, plus it is crazy to see the game have INSTANT load times and absolutely no lag (like when there's a handful of sprites on screen) I haven't kept up with SMW stuff in forever but I can only imagine the insane potential this brings to the table for 'ROM hacks' now

Is a 2D 16 bit game, the Nintendo 64 ports are honesty more impressive.

Sure this is cool and that but is not Ship of Harkinian.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is fixed now on the new builds, sorry i forgot to fix the smw.ini file
Since the source code is available, how likely is it that the game will get real 16:9 widescreen support? I mean not stretched but just, u know, showing more of the level like with those widescreen hacks in bsnes HD?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Since the source code is available, how likely is it that the game will get real 16:9 widescreen support? I mean not stretched but just, u know, showing more of the level like with those widescreen hacks in bsnes HD?
Exactly one of the goals of the project. Today if you run it you will notice its wide screen.

And on the ini you can setup several modes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol