Naendow

Brick-Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey ^^

What is the best way to stream from PC to a TV? I want to play some emulator games on it.
Not sure if 4K would even work, but 1080p with 60fps would be more than great. Also, latency should be as low as possible.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to say the same thing.

I did get a new Google TV lately, though, and it's a cinch to pair PS4 or Switch controllers .I have SNES9X running perfectly with about 200 games, running completely natively on my TV. You might consider just sideloading your favorite emulators and pairing a spare controller.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: AncientBoi

Naendow

Brick-Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried several things, but the input delay is pretty hard and I can't get it fixed. What about this wireless HDMI adapters from Amazon? A cable is unfortunately no option.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey ^^

What is the best way to stream from PC to a TV? I want to play some emulator games on it.
Not sure if 4K would even work, but 1080p with 60fps would be more than great. Also, latency should be as low as possible.
I use my TV as my main display for my desktop, it's much nicer to game and watch videos on a big screen, and streaming is never as good of an experience. So if you can, just grab a HDMI cable and plug your PC directly in.
That said, you don't even need a PC to run emulators. My Shield TV runs a lot of emulators well (Dolphin is quite playable and anything older is perfect) and these days a Chromecast with Google TV can probably run a lot of emulators on the cheap. Steam Link is also available on Google TV (and Moonlight if you want to go that route), but you wouldn't need to use them for emulating older consoles.
I tried several things, but the input delay is pretty hard and I can't get it fixed. What about this wireless HDMI adapters from Amazon? A cable is unfortunately no option.
Wireless HDMI adapters are usually junk for gaming, it's not what they're designed for. Decent ones also tend to be expensive. For the price of a decent HDMI adapter you could almost buy a Switch, hack it and run emulators on it, install Android and run Steam Link.
Also, if you can't run a cable, presumably the TV is in a different room than the PC. You will run into issues trying to use a wireless controller or keyboard and mouse connected to the PC at that distance, transmitting the video signal is not your only concern.
Steam Link on Google TV is a much cheaper option than wireless HDMI, and since the controller or kb&mouse connects directly to the Google TV device, you don't have to worry about the distance to the PC being an issue, as long as your wifi router is up to the task.

Reactions: AncientBoi

kosmonoyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As other people have mentioned, I'd say look into Moonlight. Nvidia discontinuing their GameStream service was such a huge bummer for me since I thought it performed better than Steam Link IMO. Moonlight requires a little bit more setup but I've been pretty happy with it as a GameStream alternative.

wilburie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey ^^

Use the most high quality HDMI cable. Anything wireless will have a lot of latency. Wires > Bluetooth (or anything wireless really).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo