• Total voters

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya. Thanks for the reply.

I connected it to my internet and now it works fine.
I can only guess that the time was way off and connecting it to the internet synced the time properly?

Thanks again!

Orphean

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello and thank you very much for this superb tool.
The only problem i'm facing is the fact that the hackmii_installer boot.elf keeps on failing the md5 check.
After more then 10 times redownloading the whole bunch, it keeps on getting failed in the last step of the modmii installer.
So I've got all my files corectly except the boot.elf from the hackmii_installer.
What can go wrong ? i'm downloading to my HD and not directly to the SD card.
Thanks in advance.

Checking entries in COPY_TO_SD\Download_Log.md5
COPY_TO_SD\apps\HackMii_Installer\boot.elf: Invalid
Results: 1 files processed, 0 good files, 1 bad files.

Orphean

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello XFlak,

I tried the english version, instead of the dutch version of modmii, and everything is fine. no md5 check problems. So I assume there's something wrong with the dutch version.
Tried the dutch version again, and still got the same problem.
Anyhow, fixed it with the English one.
Heavy Thanks.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii Temporary Tweak to address the new HackMii Installer Update (Dec 8, 2012)

There's now 2 hackmii installer's hosted on bootmii.org\download, this is a first, and it's making ModMii confused and it's not successfully downloading either, lol. For the time being it, it sounds like Wii users should stick to the older v1.0 of the hackmii installer. Until I put out an official update (still undecided whether v1.0 or v1.2 of the hackmii installer should be supported for the Wii) you can fix ModMii by changing one line of code in Support\ModMii.bat.

Replace this:
Code:
if not exist temp\%wadname% start %ModMiimin%/wait support\wget -c -l1 -r -nd --retr-symlinks -t10 -T30 --random-wait --reject "*.html" --reject "%2A" %code2%*
With this:
Code:
if not exist temp\%wadname% start %ModMiimin%/wait support\wget -c -l1 -r -nd --retr-symlinks -t10 -T30 --random-wait --reject "*.html" --reject "%2A" --reject "get.php@file=hackmii_installer_v1.2*" %code2%*

Doing this will allow ModMii to ignore the v1.2 installer and continue to successfully grab v1.0 of the installer.

Reactions: Shag and DeadlyFoez

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I was bored with nothing to do, so I made a little app to do the temporary tweek so that people who don't know how to/don't want to do it manually can have a patched modmii too! Yay!

ModMii Auto-Patcher (to fix hackmii installer issue):

Screenie:
T8DEu.png

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ocl3o3zql7fm9sx

VirusTotal scan:
https://www.virustotal.com/file/22f...157b51bbc7c413196b1c0292/analysis/1355042001/

EDIT: I updated it! Now you can choose what version of the hackmii installer you want!
Note that if you choose v1.2 then when downloading ModMii may complain about the MD5 and try re-downloading (the re-download should complete successfully though).

Side note: Fuck you virus programs that think my program is a virus just because it has words like hack, patch and mod in it. Took me forever to figure out what was causing the false positives.

Boigahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried running ModMii, but I get this error. It did not happen the first time I ran BootMii, but I had selected a wrong setting. Upon fixing the settings, I ran it again, and now the Hackmii installer won't download. I suppose this is just a server error on Bootmii's part, but I'm not certain. Am I doing something different/wrong that I forgot or what? I'm using the latest version of ModMii
Here is the error
Capture.PNG
And here are the settings I chose
Capture.PNG
Thanks in advance

Boigahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if person66's fix is working, I trust that it is (but maybe needs some windows updates to work), but my manual fix listed 3 posts above should definitely work
Well, I took a shower and tried it again and it magically worked again. No idea what was wrong, but at least it works now. Sorry to bother.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was bored some more. Now with my little patcher you can choose what version of the hackmii installer you want downloaded!
Bonus, I actually tested it this time! (If anyone was wondering, it was working properly the first time, I just never bothered testing it. :P)

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention, you need at least .NET 2.0 (or higher) to use it. Some of ModMii's support apps need .NET, so if you can run ModMii, you should be able to run my patcher.

BTW XFlak, every time I look at the modmii batch file, it amazes me how much work you really have put in to it. Thank you for the wonderful program!

Reactions: XFlak

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With certain Wii's I have the problem that WilBrand isn't working. Sometimes when I click the green message on the message board the screen turns black and the Wii isn't responding anymore. Then I try http://please.hackmii.com and that one is working correct.
Yesterday there wasn't even a message on the message board.
Are more people experiencing this problem?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
BTW XFlak, every time I look at the modmii batch file, it amazes me how much work you really have put in to it. Thank you for the wonderful program!
lol, thanks man. TBH sometimes I can't believe I spent prolly over 3000 "programming" a 1MB batch file, LOL. Can you believe I did the whole thing in notepad? Only recently have I started using notepad++, and still never used it once with ModMii, lol. But yea, cuz of the experience I got writing ModMii u have no idea how fast I can create a short batch file for whatever random purpose. For example, I wrote "WebLocker" (for my mother in law to control my younger brother in law), a windows hosts file manager so block\unblock websites on a timer. One of these DeadlyFoez and I really need to make me an "XFlak" website associated with ModMii just so I can share all my little batch files n shit like that. Anyways, that all being said, I still want to learn some real programming. First on my list of things to tackle is visual basic, then who knows what else. Hopefully by the time I try learning C++ I'm not an old dog that can't learn any new tricks, lol.

@robjanssen,
You're the only person I've ever heard of where letterbomb worked and wilbrand did not. Forgive me for being skeptical, but I think it's most likely some minor oversight\user error. I find that more likely than there being a bug with giantpune's work (or with ModMii) that's gone undiscovered this long.

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@XFlak,
I have experienced the problem several times, with different Wii's. I've softmodded over 200 Wii's, so I don't think it's a user error.
I have the private folders of both WilBrand and LetterBomb from a Wii I softmodded this weekend.
Will it be helpful if I send them somewhere? So maybe someone can see the differences. I don't have the MAC-address anymore.
Is that a problem?

Ankhi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The manual fix for the hackmii installer didn't work for me, so I just downloaded v 1.0 of the installer and copied the files (licenses folder, wilload folder, boot.elf, bootmini.elf) to apps > Hackmii on my SD card. Everything except the installer downloaded fine (according to ModMii), and when I go to messages I do see the pink bob-omb, but when I select it the screen goes black, and a few seconds later my homepage on my Wii loads again, with no noticeable differences to my system. What do?

Ankhi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, when I applied the fix and re-ran the installer, it just closed completely at the step where it was supposed to install the HackMii installer. I replaced the exact line you specified with the exact code you specified, so I'm not really sure what's goin' on there.

Anyway, after adding boot.elf to my root folder, EVERYTHING went pretty smoothly following the wizard guide. Thanks for the advice, it worked! ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==