• Total voters

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems to be working again :D
when i try downloading the news/shop channel it says files r missing, also a problem i have is my harddrive wont work with usb looader saying cios249 is a stub and to reinstall
Just tried again...looks to go OK again from this side...ppl that still have problems with only a few downloads from the ninty servers, i think you should try it at a leter time..

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Lucif3r,
I meant should, not shouldn't, whoops. But yea, ModMii grabs all nintendo files directly from nintendo, which is why it is the only automated method of getting those files without rehosting them (which is against gbatemp rules, not to mention copyright laws). Every other guide I've ever seen (with the exception of the complete softmod guide) relies on hosting ninty files elsewhere.

I agree with etheboss, if ppl are having problems downloading files from ninty, just try again later. The beauty of ModMii is that once it downloads a ninty file once, it saves it in the temp folder, so next time it won't need to be downloaded again. That's why I often don't even realize when there is an issue with ninty servers until someone mentions it to me.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@PsyBlade,
I'm pretty sure wiibackup manager can do that for u (downloadable from ModMii's download page 2). If not, "wbfs2fat" would work. I don't think I want to add a feature in ModMii to do that, at best I could add a note directing ppl to an app that could do it for them.
*g* I don't even use wbfs.
I was thinking more about other users that might find it helpfull to have modmii download wbfs2fat or even run it for them.
Tell me if you change your mind about running it from modmii.
But a notice would be a start too.
(I might be wrong but I don't think WBM can do it. At least not without copying all games somewhere else and back again)

satannuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@PsyBlade,
I'm pretty sure wiibackup manager can do that for u (downloadable from ModMii's download page 2). If not, "wbfs2fat" would work. I don't think I want to add a feature in ModMii to do that, at best I could add a note directing ppl to an app that could do it for them.
*g* I don't even use wbfs.
I was thinking more about other users that might find it helpfull to have modmii download wbfs2fat or even run it for them.
Tell me if you change your mind about running it from modmii.
But a notice would be a start too.
(I might be wrong but I don't think WBM can do it. At least not without copying all games somewhere else and back again)

I still use WBFS, and have pondered changing to fat32. There is a nice guide in the tutorials section for using wbfs2fat...
Seems it may be a little more involved than potentially running it from ModMii.
You would have to use Wiim's tools on the WBFS drive first to check for bad dumps, remove them, rebuild the freeblocktable AND then use wbfs2fat convert to fat32.
I've used Wiim's tools [commandline-only] to maintain my WBFS drive for some time now, and found that the GUI alternatives don't work as well [Backup Fusion?]...

A link to the guide for WBFS users would be cool, but I think a more important inclusion into the ModMiii guide would be to have a section for partitioning the USB drive for different filesystems for different uses... something that would explain the optimal way to partition and which FS to format and why.

For example, those who just want to use USBloaders to load games can use the following:
USB for apps and games via usbloaders:
#1 - FAT32/WBFS : one FAT32 partition and one WBFS partition.
FAT32 - for apps and usbloaders
WBFS - for games - installing via Wii or PC.

#2 - FAT32 : two FAT32 partitions.
FAT32_1 - for apps and usbloaders.
FAT32_2 - for games in .wbfs format - installing from Wii or PC.

#3 FAT32/NTFS : one FAT32 partition and one NTFS partition
fat32 - for apps and usbloaders.
NTFS - for games in .wbfs AND .iso format - installing from Wii or PC. [CFGloader only?]

But, according to different sources, NAND emulation needs to be on the 1st partition and must be FAT32...
so users wanting to try emu-nands would need to have partition usb1 as fat32 ONLY.
Then there is wiiflow, which is said not to work well when running from the same partition as the NAND - so wiiflow would need to be on a second fat32 partition.
So I thought perhaps something like this:

USB for apps, games via usbloaders AND NAND-emu:
#1 - FAT32 : two FAT32 partitions.
FAT32_1 - for apps and NAND
FAT32_2 - for wiiflow [usbloaders] and games in .wbfs format - installing from Wii or PC.

#2 - FAT32/WBFS : two FAT32 partitions and one WBFS partition:
FAT32_2 - for wiiflow [usbloaders] and games in .wbfs format - installing from Wii or PC.
WBFS - for games - installing via Wii or PC.

#3 - FAT32/NTFS :two Fat32 partitions and one NTFS partition:
FAT32_2 - for wiiflow [usbloaders] and games in .wbfs format - installing from Wii.
NTFS - for games in .wbfs, .iso format and >4gb. - transfer games using PC.

Then there is the question about using the SD card. With a correctly formatted drive, the user can then select if they will be using an SD or not.
Personally, I would like to run everything off the USB and do away with the SD card.
So a section[or options] in ModMii which covers switching from SD+USB to USB only would also be needed...

and those who formatted as WBFS only, no NAND/USB-only for you... lol
EDIT: unless you wbfs2fat.

Anyway, just some thoughts... take 'em or leave 'em.

satannuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would have to use Wiim's tools on the WBFS drive first to check for bad dumps, remove them, rebuild the freeblocktable AND then use wbfs2fat convert to fat32.
you only have to check if there are bad games + there's an override now

depending on how many games, the scan can take hours...
And isn't a problem with WBFS is that sometimes a game can overwrite sectors that belong to another game, thus making them bad...
Either way, wouldn't you need to scan the bad games and remove them before or after conversion?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes some wbfs managers/loader corrupt games.
If that happend to you you need to scan then to find out which ones are really bad.

If you use wbfs2fat you can limit the check to the affected games
(it tells you now which ones are potentially bad).

Or use the override you can keep the games as they are.

If one really does not want to run the check could then simply not scan then
(and find the defect ones by sudden game crashes or other weird effects).

WBM can run the check now too (called sha1)

BTW I think we should move the offtopic talk to a better thread if there are further questions

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak: Really sorry about linking to the other thread. I thought it was kind of a co-operative scene. My intention was not to rob anyone's thunder.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no worries, I may have over reacted a little bit as well. It is a cooperative scene, at least behind the scenes. Often before major process changes are made to the other guide or ModMii we'll poll the other for opinions. That being said, if 2 friends offer the same service, to remain friends they have to be careful how they compete with one another. I'm sure everyone knows my opinion of the other guide, it's good except for how it shares files, but I wouldn't go into the other thread and start telling ppl to use ModMii. Anyways, I think I've said enough, rest assured that there are no hard feelings :D

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Glad to hear it. The other guide is what I used when I first softmodded my machine. However, I only ever use ModMii to update my wads since long. I still have a Wiikey so modding is very easy for me, but I disable it and opt for softmod as it's miles better nowadays. Keep up the good work. I know the progress goes on, but the Wii scene peaked for me with d2x v6 as it finally and completely fixed Metroid Prime Trilogy. Everything else is just bonus. :-)

satannuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Psyblade,
Yeah, I've used WBM's SHA-1 scan and MD5 scans, and they also take time depending on the amount of games being scanned. [tho 1 is faster]
This IS on-topic, as we are discussing ModMii's WBFS support and the possibility of some sort of wbfs2fat/wwt+wit integration into ModMii.
Yeah, it would be cool if it could be added. I just wanted to draw some attention to having ModMii suggest the best possible partition setup depending on users' needs.
Right now, ModMii has separate setups for USBloaders and S/UNEEK, but they may not be 100% compatible with each other [or may require more user input = not noob-friendly]. So I wanted to suggest inclusion of partitioning methods which would offer the optimum compatibility for usbloaders/games, nand emulation, homebrew apps, and offer options whether to use SD cards or not. Sorry if we were almost side-tracked...

+1 for wbfs2fat and wwt+wit in ModMii. :)

@Muyfa666,
Glad to hear it. The other guide is what I used when I first softmodded my machine. However, I only ever use ModMii to update my wads since long. I still have a Wiikey so modding is very easy for me, but I disable it and opt for softmod as it's miles better nowadays. Keep up the good work. I know the progress goes on, but the Wii scene peaked for me with d2x v6 as it finally and completely fixed Metroid Prime Trilogy. Everything else is just bonus. :-)
Everything you said applies to me as well... From using the other guide long ago to using modmii to update, hardmodded with wiikey, and, especially, playing Trilogy via loader!!
There's a lot of kind people on this board, and it is a testament to how well this community has flourished.

mhzainn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you xflak, i want to ask you question, i have used modmii v4.7.1 for a while , my wii white with 4.2U and booted as ios and i am using SDHC 4g, under these specification , do you recommend using sneek / uneek with my wii or installing them may cause break or other problems , what do you recommend ?

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thank you xflak, i want to ask you question, i have used modmii v4.7.1 for a while , my wii white with 4.2U and booted as ios and i am using SDHC 4g, under these specification , do you recommend using sneek / uneek with my wii or installing them may cause break or other problems , what do you recommend ?
what are you going to use it for?

mhzainn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are you going to use it for?
playing gamecube games and installing wiiware games

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi XFlak,

First of all, I would like to thank you for this awesome ModMii, making everything convenient.
Anyway, I was wondering if ModMii can be used to generate cIOS wad file according to users preference.
Example, 247 d2x [37], 248 d2x [38], 245 waninkoko rev21 [56] etc. As I can see, there are couple of available cIOS for slot 249 and 250 but I would like to have it on other slots with different base as well.

I hope you could shed some light.

Thank you! More power!

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi XFlak,

First of all, I would like to thank you for this awesome ModMii, making everything convenient.
Anyway, I was wondering if ModMii can be used to generate cIOS wad file according to users preference.
Example, 247 d2x [37], 248 d2x [38], 245 waninkoko rev21 [56] etc. As I can see, there are couple of available cIOS for slot 249 and 250 but I would like to have it on other slots with different base as well.

Thank you! More power!

Go to "Advanced Downloads" and choose "249d2x" with the base you want. After that you will get to chose whatever slot you want for it.

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi XFlak,

Thank you! More power!

Go to "Advanced Downloads" and choose "249d2x" with the base you want. After that you will get to chose whatever slot you want for it.
thanks, i didnt explore that yet, :) will try later

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Yesterday I found a curios thing:
I wanted to update a Wii 4.0E of a friend to the current cIOS. "mmm" always aborts the wad installation with an error code (haven't notated the error code, but i think it was 1072 or 2071). Deinstalling the wad cause an error too. Then I tried "yawmm" and it does it fine.

Another knowledge question:
The recommendation for cIOS 222 and 223 are based on hermes v4 but not on v5.x. Can anyone please explain the reasons? (or give me a link)

@XFlak:
I like your ModMii very much, because it's so easy to use for many (=all I need) constellations.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
that's weird, especially since I don't think I've ever heard anyone else have problems with mmm. Was it one particular wad u were having trouble installing or many? I know mmm, yawmm and wiimod all have brick protection so it wont allow u to uninstall things like the system menu or install a system menu without the system menu IOS first being installed or installing a wrong region SM. It's odd that yawmm succeeded where mmm failed... although mmm is "closed source" I'm pretty sure mmm got a lot of its code from yawmm (as did wiimod). Anyways, thanks for reporting this, if I get any more negative feedback on mmm I'll consider alternatives (or rather PM some friends to make some superior alternatives, lol).

About the 222\223, they are the most tried tested and true. Hermes v4 was the last version to support multiple base IOSs, ie. cIOS223v4[37+38]. For the longest time this cIOS was the best at games like monster hunter tri or guitar hero. Right now d2x is for the most part superior to any other cIOSs out there, so I've included the classic hermes cIOSs for those rare ppl with hardware that doesn't respond well to d2x cIOSs.

I'm really glad you like ModMii, it's always awesome hearing positive feedback from someone as influential as yourself in the wii scene :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==