Votes: 63 6.2%
  • No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Beard

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am getting lots of errors when trying to download. Log shows several files missing/invalid.
Multi-mod manager, Hackmii installer, Bootmii SD Files, Bannerbomb v1(for 3.0 - 4.1), IOS236 Installer v5 Mod, simple IOS Patcher, priiloader v0.7(236 mod), FAT32 GUI Formatter, Wii Backup Manager, Configable usb loader, Usb loader forwarder channel v11 are missing.
cIOS249(56)-d2x-v6.wad, cIOS250(57)-d2x-v6.wad, cIOS222(38)-v4.wad, cIOS223(37-38)-v4.wad, cIOS202(60)-v5.1R.wad, cIOS224(57)-v5.iR.wad are all invalid.

I have tried redownloading but I just get "The file is missing"

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
try performing a windows update
make sure your antivirus and firewall are letting ModMii do it's thing
try using the default settings for your sd card drive setting (ie. "Copy_to_SD")
try a clean\fresh ModMii installation
Watch ModMii download stuff, if the problem persists, let me know what ModMii says DURING the download

Beard

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the response. I have downloaded everything successfully. I am still getting problems as this was previously hacked using the twilight hack( I am currently on 3.2E). I can only access the sd card through the homebrew channel(v1.1). If i autoupdate or try running the first part of the guide I get : there is no vulnerable IOS installed on this wii. As I'm a noob I'm not sure what to do next :)

Edit: I have just reread the guide, I'll run the Hackmii Solutions option.

Buhntz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak, first of all thank you for the effort you put into ModMii, very much appreciated. I use your tool every once in a while and find it very useful and reliable.

I think I found a small bug with recent builds: It appears ModMii 4.7.3 does not properly patch ES_Identify into IOS80. The patched IOS still works with system menu 4.3U in a "normal" boot configuration, but once I install Preloader (v0.29, Crediar's last official version hex-patched to recognize the channel ID of the current HBC), I get greeted by the dreaded "The system files are corrupted" screen. To clarify, I created the patched IOS80 through ModMii's advanced download screen, selected the FS (fakesign) and ES (ES_Identify) patches and left the version number and all other choices at default. See below for ModMii's build script

set name=Advanced Download: IOS80v6944[ES-FS]
set wadname=IOS80-64-v6944.wad
set ciosslot=
set ciosversion=
set md5=08af8d598af53c8bc66b31228364cfd7
set md5alt=dde76a81090611406bcb3b76ac3f082c
set basewad=none
set md5base=
set md5basealt=
set code1=00000001
set code2=00000050
set version=6944
set basewadb=none
set md5baseb=
set md5basebalt=
set code1b=
set code2b=
set versionb=
set basecios=
set diffpath=
set code2new=
set lastbasemodule=
set category=ios
set wadnameless=IOS80v6944
set patchname=[ES-FS]
set slotname=
set slotcode=
set versionname=
set versioncode=
set cIOSFamilyName=
set cIOSversionNum=

I followed the exact same procedure using ModMii 4.6.1 and the IOS still didn't allow the SM to start in conjunction with Preloader - not really a surprise as 4.6.1 produces the exact same wad as 4.7.3.

Since I knew ModMii used to be able to patch IOS70 just fine back when I was using Preloader with SM 4.2U, I went further back and patched IOS80 using ModMii 4.5.4 (again with the FS and ES options, everything else unchanged) - and bingo, we have a winner. Once I installed this version of the patched IOS80 wad, System Menu 4.3U started just fine (Preloader is still installed and working).

Bottom line, the ES_Identify patching code went kaputt somewhere between versions 4.5.4 and 4.6.1 (at least for IOS80 v6944). Since the patch only changes 2 bytes, you may be able to find the problem and fix this for future ModMii versions without too much effort... no biggie, just wanted to report this in case anybody else wants to patch ES_Identify into an IOS and runs into similar problems.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
XFlak, first of all thank you for the effort you put into ModMii, very much appreciated. I use your tool every once in a while and find it very useful and reliable.

I think I found a small bug with recent builds: It appears ModMii 4.7.3 does not properly patch ES_Identify into IOS80. The patched IOS still works with system menu 4.3U in a "normal" boot configuration, but once I install Preloader (v0.29, Crediar's last official version hex-patched to recognize the channel ID of the current HBC), I get greeted by the dreaded "The system files are corrupted" screen. To clarify, I created the patched IOS80 through ModMii's advanced download screen, selected the FS (fakesign) and ES (ES_Identify) patches and left the version number and all other choices at default. See below for ModMii's build script

set ciosslot=
set ciosversion=
set basewad=none
set md5base=
set md5basealt=
set code1=00000001
set code2=00000050
set version=6944
set basewadb=none
set md5baseb=
set md5basebalt=
set code1b=
set code2b=
set versionb=
set basecios=
set diffpath=
set code2new=
set lastbasemodule=
set category=ios
set patchname=[ES-FS]
set slotname=
set slotcode=
set versionname=
set versioncode=
set cIOSFamilyName=
set cIOSversionNum=

I followed the exact same procedure using ModMii 4.6.1 and the IOS still didn't allow the SM to start in conjunction with Preloader - not really a surprise as 4.6.1 produces the exact same wad as 4.7.3.

Since I knew ModMii used to be able to patch IOS70 just fine back when I was using Preloader with SM 4.2U, I went further back and patched IOS80 using ModMii 4.5.4 (again with the FS and ES options, everything else unchanged) - and bingo, we have a winner. Once I installed this version of the patched IOS80 wad, System Menu 4.3U started just fine (Preloader is still installed and working).

Bottom line, the ES_Identify patching code went kaputt somewhere between versions 4.5.4 and 4.6.1 (at least for IOS80 v6944). Since the patch only changes 2 bytes, you may be able to find the problem and fix this for future ModMii versions without too much effort... no biggie, just wanted to report this in case anybody else wants to patch ES_Identify into an IOS and runs into similar problems.
There is a reason for that. It's the patched dip module which is far more valuable than ES_Identify. However, nobody uses preloader anymore (it has long since been replaced by priiloader) so it's not an issue.

Buhntz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

set ciosslot=
set ciosversion=
set basewad=none
set md5base=
set md5basealt=
set code1=00000001
set code2=00000050
set version=6944
set basewadb=none
set md5baseb=
set md5basebalt=
set code1b=
set code2b=
set versionb=
set basecios=
set diffpath=
set code2new=
set lastbasemodule=
set category=ios
set patchname=[ES-FS]
set slotname=
set slotcode=
set versionname=
set versioncode=
set cIOSFamilyName=
set cIOSversionNum=

There is a reason for that. It's the patched dip module which is far more valuable than ES_Identify. However, nobody uses preloader anymore (it has long since been replaced by priiloader) so it's not an issue.

Thank you for the quick reply. I searched this thread for "patched dip module" and found this being discussed around (for example here), but I'm not sure I follow the logic. If I start ModMii 4.7.3, type "A" to get to the advanced download screen, then type "80" for IOS80v6944, then type "-ES -FS" to request the ES_Identify and fakesigning bug to be patched into the IOS, then type "N" to leave the IOS slot # at default (80), then type "N" to leave the version number at default (6944) and download the wad, you suggest ModMii *by design* will not actually download IOS80v6944 with a working ES_Identify and fakesign patch (and no other changes!) but instead downloads something else with a patched dip module? If the answer is yes, so be it, but it is kind of strange that users lost control over what ModMii actually does. In other words, if we have all these options, why is there no option to leave the dip module alone?

mhzainn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how are you xflak and great other members ,i have small question that i want you to help m, i used modmii 4.7.1 so can i use internet, news forecast and wii shop channel or Nintendo company will keep track of my ip address of my console and cause some problems like xbox or ps3, or it just a normal that will not harm my wii ?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

set ciosslot=
set ciosversion=
set basewad=none
set md5base=
set md5basealt=
set code1=00000001
set code2=00000050
set version=6944
set basewadb=none
set md5baseb=
set md5basebalt=
set code1b=
set code2b=
set versionb=
set basecios=
set diffpath=
set code2new=
set lastbasemodule=
set category=ios
set patchname=[ES-FS]
set slotname=
set slotcode=
set versionname=
set versioncode=
set cIOSFamilyName=
set cIOSversionNum=

Thx for the bug report, I was able to replicate the problem and get it fixed in the latest ModMii beta, if u want to test it out you can find the bugfix beta HERE

Buhntz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

set ciosslot=
set ciosversion=
set basewad=none
set md5base=
set md5basealt=
set code1=00000001
set code2=00000050
set version=6944
set basewadb=none
set md5baseb=
set md5basebalt=
set code1b=
set code2b=
set versionb=
set basecios=
set diffpath=
set code2new=
set lastbasemodule=
set category=ios
set patchname=[ES-FS]
set slotname=
set slotcode=
set versionname=
set versioncode=
set cIOSFamilyName=
set cIOSversionNum=

Thx for the bug report, I was able to replicate the problem and get it fixed in the latest ModMii beta, if u want to test it out you can find the bugfix beta HERE

I replaced the batch file with the new one you posted and can confirm a freshly downloaded and patched IOS80 wad is now identical to one created using the older ModMii 4.5.4. Thanks a lot for fixing this

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.7.4 Released!

by XFlak

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download French ModMii Installer Here
French version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here
Italian version not updated yet, still at v4.7.1

Download Dutch ModMii Installer Here
Dutch version not updated yet, still at v4.6.1

See first post for more info.

4.7.4 Changelog
  • Fixed bug where advanced download IOS patches were not applied.
  • Enhanced syscheck updater to be compatible with sysCheck v2.1.0b14.
  • Updated Advanced Forwarder builder to build v11b instead of v11 forwarders.
  • Udpated usbloader forwarder channel from v11 to v11b.
  • ModMii is running out of changelog jokes. Submit your joke to
    [email protected] and if your joke is selected you will receive ModMii's
    easter egg. Only tasteful jokes please, see other recent changelog's for
    examples.

edit: I'm having a lot of trouble updating the first post with this changelog. The new gbatemp formatting is a PITA. Any mods reading this please add this changelog to the first post without screwing up any other formatting.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
edit: I'm having a lot of trouble updating the first post with this changelog. The new gbatemp formatting is a PITA. Any mods reading this please add this changelog to the first post without screwing up any other formatting.

If you want, here is the first post recreated to work with the new fourum software as best I could, note that it was made using the Standard bbcode editor, not the CKEditor (you can change these in the profile settings), although it should still work fine with that one.

anyway, here it is if you want it:
http://pastebin.com/YAiLB4mc

How it looks:
ModMii for Windows

by XFlak

This software is not for sale. If you paid for this software or a "bundle" you have been scammed.

modmiialt2.png

Download ModMii Installer for Windows Here

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here

Download French ModMii Installer for Windows Here

Download Dutch ModMii Installer for Windows Here

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY DOWNLOAD LINKS.
INSTEAD PLEASE LINK TO EITHER THIS PAGE OR
MY DOWNLOAD LINKS DIRECTLY

Introduction: What is ModMii?

ModMii, formerly known as NUS Auto-Downloader, is able to download all the files needed to modify ANY Wii; it can generate custom guides based on your Wii's specifications, and save the files to your SD Card in their appropriate locations for easy offline softmodding.

Literally run the program once, let it download,
and you have all the files you need on your SD card to modify your Wii

What can ModMii do?
  • [*]It can download all the files necessary to Modify, Upgrade & Downgrade your Wii System Menu.
    [*]Download individual IOS/cIOS files, Official Wii Channels, System Menus, Multi Mod Manager, YAWMM, Dop-Mii, both versions of Bannerbomb, Hackmii Installer etc.
    [*]Install patched IOSs without an wifi connection on your Wii
    [*]This includes an easy to follow Custom guide to setting up a USB-Loader (including how to format/partition your external hard drive)
    [*]Install SNEEK, build emulated NANDs, and Batch Extract WiiGamcube Games for use with SNEEK+DI or UNEEK+DI
    [*]Customize Bootmii, Wad Manager and MMM start-up settings using ModMii Configurators to create a custom config files
    [*]This is also capable of building many different System Menu Themes (csm's and themed SM Wads) using the appropriate 000000**.app for your system menu (also applies to emulated NANDs)
    [*]Provides solutions for the upside-down homebrew channel and the HackMii installer No Vulnerable IOS problems
    [*]Advanced Custom Downloads Feature will allow you to easily patch and change the slot/version of IOSs/cIOSs. It can also build 3 different types of forwarder dol's and iso's (only use this feature if you know what you are doing!!)

How to Use ModMii
  • [*]Download and use the ModMii Installer
    [*]Run the "ModMii.exe" (make sure your firewall or proxy is not blocking the program from accessing the internet)
    [*]Choose an activity from the list on the Main Menu to begin (see screenshot below for options). Note, a custom guide will only be generated when "ModMii Wizard (W)", "HackMii Solutions (H)" or "USB-Loader Setup (U)" are selected.

How to mod your Wii
  • [*]Run ModMii, from the Main Menu enter "W" to start the ModMii Wizard
    [*]Answer the questions ModMii asks about your Wii, it's very simple, so I won't even go into the details, but here's a video tutorial made by Pepxl based on v4.0.1. Later versions work much in the same way, so its still a great tutorial even if you are using a newer version.
    [*]Wait until the program is done working, verify that all the files downloaded successfully, then (if you didn't change the drive letter to your SD card) locate the newly created folder called "COPY_TO_SD". Copy everything inside this folder to the root of your SD card (merge folders if it asks).
    [*]Now just follow the generated guide.
  • Lastly, please don't forget to vote in the official poll and provide feedback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaA3sjFF8NA&fmt=22

Snapshot of Main Menu

s2t89d.jpg

73cu4w.jpg

72aumg.jpg

2n9hzy0.jpg

1eutqg.jpg

Note: The files available for Advanced Download can be patched and have their version/slot numbers changed.
User Defined Custom Downloads can get ANY IOS (and optionally patch it), MIOS, or System Menu.
28u1jx4.jpg

*Any changes you make to the Options can be saved (settings will be retrieved the next time the program is started)
29px8ox.jpg

ulwl2.jpg

4jt4py.jpg

nqpnkj.jpg

Some Examples of Custom Generated Guides
Note: These guides will differ based on the answers you provide
Also note that these are examples only, and may be outdated,
you should only use guides that ModMii custom builds for you​
[title:Download Wizard Guide: 3.X U to 4.1 U + USB-Loader (FAT32 HDD)]

ModMii 4.7.2 Custom Guide
Generated on 10/09/2011 - 22:29:02.28
Check for updates at tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow

This Guide was generated using the following parameters:

* Install andor update all recommended softmods
* Current firmware is 3.XU
* Desired firmware is 4.1U

* Install Photo Channel
* Install Internet Channel
* Install Weather Channel
* Install News Channel
* Install Mii Channel
* Install Shopping Channel (and IOS56)
* Install Wii Speak Channel

* Install Extra Brick Protection
* Install Dark Wii Blue Theme
* Update active IOSs (can be disabled in options)
* Install a cMIOS (can be disabled in Options)

* External Hard Drive to be Formatted as FAT32
* Download Configurable USB-Loader and WiiFlow
* USB-Loader Settings and config files saved to USB Hard Drive

This software is not for sale. If you paid for this software or a "bundle" you have been scammed.

THIS PACKAGE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, NEITHER STATED NOR IMPLIED.
NO ONE BUT YOURSELF IS TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS MAY CAUSE TO YOUR NINTENDO WII CONSOLE!
USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

*This guide does NOT require a Wifi connection on your Wii.
*An SD card formatted to FAT(32) required (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above).
*If you get errors during any of the steps reformat your SD card as FAT or FAT32
*Turn off WiiConnect24 and take out all gamecube memory cards/controllers when modding the Wii (unless instructed otherwise).
*If your Wii ever freezes, hold the power button on the Wii for 5 seconds to power it off then try again.
*Don’t ever accept a new Nintendo update without first googling to see if it’s safe. The last update (to 4.3) was released in late June 2010 and is NOT safe to accept. If you accept an official Nintendo update after modding the Wii, you may lose some or all of your modifications.
*Never uninstall a system menu or IOS
*Do not install untested wads/themes without Bootmii or Priiloader installed.
*Not all external hard drive's are compatible with the Wii, for a list of which USB Hard Drive's are compatible, see this webpage: http://wiki.gbatemp....patibility_List
*If you have questions, a more detailed guide can be found here: www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/
*This custom guide is great start, but Wii modding is always evolving. Check for updates online, and remember, google is your friend.
*If you have questions, a more detailed guide can be found here: www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/

1) INSTALLING THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (HBC) AND BOOTMII
=================================================

Run BannerBomb v1 by going to Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
Note: If it doesn't work for you, visit http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/ for more variations of either version of bannerbomb.

This runs the Hackmii Installer (and silently/automatically installs BootMii as IOS). Use the installer to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) and Bootmii as Boot2 if possible.

Note: If you get a 'no vulnerable IOS' error message, run ModMii again and this time select the 'Hackmii Solutions' option instead of 'ModMii Wizard' and follow the new instructions before continuing this guide.

After you exit the hackmii installer, you will be taken to the HBC.
Hit the home button. In the top right corner you will see the IOS used by the HBC.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your homebrew channel is upside-down, make a note of it as it applies later in the guide (you will have to reinstall the HBC).

If it is using IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip the Reinstall The Homebrew Channel step when you get to it.

2) MAKING A NAND BACKUP
====================

While inside the Homebrew Channel, load BootMii by pressing home and clicking Launch Bootmii.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button. [You can also navigate with a Gamecube controller]

Press reset to choose the first option, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup. [Bad blocks are no problem.]

Backup the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, and keys.bin elsewhere and erase from the sd card (or rename it). You'll need these in case of emergencies, so don't lose them.
Go back to The Homebrew Channel.

Note: if Bootmii was installed as boot2, then it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on AS LONG AS it finds the bootmii folder (mentioned above) on the root of the SD card.

3) INSTALL A PATCHED IOS236
========================

Start the Homebrew Channel.

VERY IMPORTANT!
In the Homebrew channel, if you do not have a working internet connection already set up, you will see an icon flashing in the bottom right corner of the screen indicating its inability to initialize the network. You MUST wait for the icon to stop flashing OR let it flash for 30-60 seconds before proceeding otherwise these apps will error shortly after being launched. If you encounter this harmless error, power off the Wii and repeat this step from the beginning. To increase your chances of success, add a working internet connection to your Wii via the official Wii Settings Menu, but be sure to say "No" when asked to perform an update.

You only need to perform ONE of the below methods.

Method A: Using IOS236 Installer
--------------------------------

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer v5 MOD".
Note: This app must be launched using HBC v1.0.7 or higher in order to work properly.

It should say "IOS236 installation is complete!" and return to The Homebrew Channel.

If you experience errors, keep trying and it should eventually work.
If you continue to experience errors you can try using Simple IOS Patcher instead.
Once either method successfully installs IOS236, you can move onto the next step.

Method B: Using Simple IOS Patcher
----------------------------------

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer".
Note: This app must be launched using HBC v1.0.7 or higher in order to work properly.

Choose "IOS36" (already selected by default) and push A,
Select "Install IOS to slot" and choose 236,
Select "Install patched IOS36" leaving the 4 patches set to "yes" and press A,
Choose "Load IOS from SD card".

Confirm your choice with the A button,
When prompted, push A to continue the installation.
When the installation is over you'll be back at the Main Menu,
Then push B button to exit.

If you continue to experience errors you can try using IOS236 Installer instead.
Once either method successfully installs IOS236, you can move onto the next step.

4) INSTALL WADS
============

Load Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) via the HomeBrew Channel.
If IOS236 is not already loaded, select "Load another IOS", then select IOS236

Note: If this step fails with error -ret 2011 or other, you may need to retry patching IOS236. If the Wii was previously softmodded, you can try loading cIOS250 (or others like 202,222,223,224,236,249)

In Multi-Mod Manager's main menu, go down to select "WAD Manager".

Install the following WADs from the WAD folder (this list of WADs is unique to how you answered the Wizard's questions).

Be careful not to install any additional wads that may have been previously saved in this folder (they may be safe, but I cannot say for sure).

Hold + for 2 seconds to select all the WADs in the folder. Then Press A twice to install them all.
If any files fail to install properly, they will remain marked for installation, so just retry installing those files.

Your unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS11v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS20v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS30v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS50v14889(IOS50v4889[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* SystemMenu_4.1U_v449_DarkWiiBlue
* cIOS202[60]-v5.1R
* cIOS222[38]-v4
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS224[57]-v5.1R
* cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6
* cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6
* RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2
* Mii-Channel-NUS-v6
* Photo-Channel-1.1-NUS-v3
* Shopping-Channel-NUS-v20
* Opera-Internet-Channel-NUS(U)
* Weather-Channel-NUS-v7(U)
* NEWS-Channel-NUS-v7(U)
* Wii-Speak-Channel-NUS(U)
* IOS9-64-v1034
* IOS12-64-v526
* IOS13-64-v1032
* IOS14-64-v1032
* IOS15-64-v1032
* IOS17-64-v1032
* IOS21-64-v1039
* IOS22-64-v1294
* IOS28-64-v1807
* IOS31-64-v3608
* IOS33-64-v3608
* IOS34-64-v3608
* IOS35-64-v3608
* IOS36-64-v3608
* IOS37-64-v5663
* IOS38-64-v4124
* IOS41-64-v3607
* IOS43-64-v3607
* IOS45-64-v3607
* IOS46-64-v3607
* IOS48-64-v4124
* IOS53-64-v5663
* IOS55-64-v5663
* IOS56-64-v5662
* IOS57-64-v5919
* IOS58-64-v6176
* IOS61-64-v5662
* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
SD+USB:appsusbloaderboot.dol
SD+USB:appsusbloaderboot.elf
SD+USB:appsusb-loaderboot.dol
SD+USB:appsusb-loaderboot.elf
SD+USB:appsusbloader_cfgboot.dol
SD+USB:appsusbloader_cfgboot.elf
SD+USB:appsWiiFlowboot.dol
SD+USB:appsWiiFlowboot.elf
SD+USB:appsusbloader_gxboot.dol
SD+USB:appsusbloader_gxboot.elf
Notes: IOS58 is required to launch apps from an SD Card and hard drives formatted as
FAT32, NTFS, ext2, ext3 and ext4. It also supports meta.xml arguments
and is able to launch apps with direct hardware access.
You should always have at least one forwarder channel installed on your Wii,
that way, in the event of accidental update, you will be able to rehack your Wii without relying on a disc based exploit

Note: Whenever you install a new System Menu, Priiloader is uninstalled. So be sure to reinstall it afterwards (especially if you do not have bootmii as boot2)

5) INSTALL PRIILOADER
==================

Launch "Priiloader 236 Mod" via the Homebrew Channel

After the Priiloader Installer loads, press + to install it.

You may get an error for "loader.ini" and/or "password.txt" simply ignore these.

After successfully installing Priiloader, access it by powering off the Wii,
then powering it back on while holding reset until you see the Priiloader menu.

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the Priiloader settings if you prefer.

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any app/file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/system-hacks/priiloader

6) REINSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (if applicable)
==============================================

Earlier you should have checked what IOS is used by the Homebrew Channel (HBC). If the IOS used by your HBC is IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip this step.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your HBC is upside-down, you should reinstall the HBC.

Launch the HackMii_Installer via the HBC.
Use the Hackmii Installer to fix/re-install the HBC. Once you've successfully reinstalled the HBC, you can move onto the next step of the guide.

If the HBC is failing to load the HackMii_Installer (just blackscreens), instead launch the Hackmii Installer using the method described in the First Step

================================================================================
======
THE REST OF THE GUIDE IS PERFORMED ON YOUR COMPUTER IN ORDER TO SET UP YOUR USB-LOADER
================================================================================
======

7) FORMAT THE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE (if applicable)

First check if your drive needs to be formatted by checking the current FormatFile-System of the drive.
Open 'My Computer', right-click the external hard drive you want to use, then select 'properties'.
Make note of the Drive Letter of the external hard drive as this will be important later.
If the 'File-System' is already FAT32, you can skip this step.

If you have anything saved on the hard drive, you should back it up now as all the data will be lost once you format it.

Launch FAT32 GUI Formatter from shortcuts on your Start Menu or Desktop

Make sure you select the drive letter corresponding to your external hard drive.
You may optionally uncheck the 'Quick Format' box, then click start.

8) COPY FILES TO HARD DRIVE
========================

Copy everything inside the COPY_TO_USB folder to the root of your FAT32 hard-drivepartition.

9) MANAGE WII BACKUPS USING WII BACKUP MANAGER (OPTIONAL)
======================================================

Launch WiiBackupManager from shortcuts on your Start Menu or Desktop

You can use this program to manage/transfer your electronic backups of Wii Games.
It is very simple to use, but a detailed tutorial on using Wii Backup Manager can be found here:
www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/iso/wbfs-managers/wii-backup-manager

Note: Original Wii Disc's cannot be read/copied by using a computer (unless you have one of the rare LG Drives that is capable of doing so)

To copy ORIGINAL Wii Disc's, insert the disc into your Wii and...
- Launch Configurable USB-Loader, and hit the plus sign '+'.
OR
- Launch WiiFlow, go to page 2 of WiiFlow's Settings and select "Install", then select "Go".

10) CONFIGURE/CUSTOMIZE CONFIGURABLE USB-LOADER (OPTIONAL)

To Configure/Customize your USB-Loader, use the Configurator for Configurable USB-Loader found here:
COPY_TO_USBusb-loaderCfgLoaderConfigurator.exe

Optional: additional themes can be found here:
http://wii.spiffy360.com/themes.php

* IMPORTANT NOTES ON DEFAULT SETTINGS:
------------------------------------

Two potentially dangerous features have been locked:
1) The ability to remove/delete games
2) the ability to format a hard drive.

To unlock these features, while in the configurable USB-Loader menu, hold '1' for 5 seconds, then enter the password to unlock these features. The password is 'AAAA', you can change the password/settings by using the Configurator for Configurable USB-Loader. Hold '1' again for 5 seconds to lock the USB-Loader again (or it will lock automatically again once you exit the USB-Loader).

11) AFTER MODDING
=============

After you are done modding your Wii, you can optionally delete any unnecesarry files
by using ModMii's "File Cleanup" Feature.

If you choose not to use the File Cleanup feature, in order to avoid having your Wii freeze when accessing the SD Card Menu, you should delete the 'aktn' folder where bannerbomb is saved (SD:Privatewiititleaktn), or rename the entire 'private' folder.

At this point you're practically done.
Now you should be downloading the latest homebrew applications and setting them up on
your SD Card (or FAT32 USB Hard Drive) so they can be launched via the HBC.

For downloading applications, you should:
* Check out ModMii's batch download pages as it has many popular apps available for download.
* Download Homebrew Browser via ModMii to get many popular apps, but this is an online only Wii application (www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/hbb)
* For those without internet on their Wii, check out this list of Homebrew applications (wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_all_homebrew).
Another great resource is webrewwii.blogspot.com

After getting whatever apps you want, you should get a boot.dol file and possibly a icon.png and meta.xml.
For HBC to read your SD/USB correctly, your card must be structured SD:/apps/application name/boot.dol
If you have a *.dol not named boot.dol, rename it boot.dol, otherwise it will not be recognized by the HBC.
(optional: the icon.png and meta.xml should be saved in the same place as the boot.dol)

12) SUPPORT XFLAK
=============

IF MODMII WORKED FOR YOU, PLEASE VOTE IN FAVOUR OF THE PROGRAM HERE (tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow)

DONATIONS CAN OPTIONALLY BE MADE VIA PAYPAL TO [email protected]

CHECK OUT MY TOP CHANNELS HERE (tinyurl.com/topchannels)

CHECK OUT MY CRAZY INTRO VIDEOS HERE (tinyurl.com/crazyintro)

[title:Download Wizard Guide: 3.X K to 4.1 K]
ModMii 4.7.2 Custom Guide
Generated on 10/09/2011 - 22:34:59.19

* Install andor update all recommended softmods
* Current firmware is 3.XU
* Desired firmware is 4.1U

* Install Photo Channel
* Install Internet Channel
* Install Weather Channel
* Install News Channel
* Install Mii Channel
* Install Shopping Channel (and IOS56)
* Install Wii Speak Channel

* Install Extra Brick Protection
* Install Dark Wii Orange Theme
* Update active IOSs (can be disabled in options)
* Install a cMIOS (can be disabled in Options)

NO ONE BUT YOURSELF IS TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THIS MAY CAUSE TO YOUR NINTENDO WII CONSOLE!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

*An SD card formatted to FAT(32) required (Best results are with non-SDHC cards, SDHC will only work on 4.0 or above).
*If you get errors during any of the steps reformat your SD card as FAT or FAT32
*Turn off WiiConnect24 and take out all gamecube memory cards/controllers when modding the Wii (unless instructed otherwise).
*If your Wii ever freezes, hold the power button on the Wii for 5 seconds to power it off then try again.
*Don’t ever accept a new Nintendo update without first googling to see if it’s safe. The last update (to 4.3) was released in late June 2010 and is NOT safe to accept. If you accept an official Nintendo update after modding the Wii, you may lose some or all of your modifications.
*This custom guide is great start, but Wii modding is always evolving. Check for updates online, and remember, google is your friend.

1) INSTALLING THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (HBC) AND BOOTMII
=================================================

Run BannerBomb v1 by going to Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
Note: If it doesn't work for you, visit http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/ for more variations of either version of bannerbomb.

This runs the Hackmii Installer (and silently/automatically installs BootMii as IOS). Use the installer to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) and Bootmii as Boot2 if possible.

Note: If you get a 'no vulnerable IOS' error message, run ModMii again and this time select the 'Hackmii Solutions' option instead of 'ModMii Wizard' and follow the new instructions before continuing this guide.

After you exit the hackmii installer, you will be taken to the HBC.
Hit the home button. In the top right corner you will see the IOS used by the HBC.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your homebrew channel is upside-down, make a note of it as it applies later in the guide (you will have to reinstall the HBC).

If it is using IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip the Reinstall The Homebrew Channel step when you get to it.

2) MAKING A NAND BACKUP
====================

While inside the Homebrew Channel, load BootMii by pressing home and clicking Launch Bootmii.
Press the power button on the wii 3 times to get to the last option, then press the reset button. [You can also navigate with a Gamecube controller]

Press reset to choose the first option, then follow the directions on the screen to make your NAND backup. [Bad blocks are no problem.]

Backup the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, and keys.bin elsewhere and erase from the sd card (or rename it). You'll need these in case of emergencies, so don't lose them.
Go back to The Homebrew Channel.

Note: if Bootmii was installed as boot2, then it will show up as soon as the Wii is turned on AS LONG AS it finds the bootmii folder (mentioned above) on the root of the SD card.

3) INSTALL A PATCHED IOS236
========================

Start the Homebrew Channel.

VERY IMPORTANT!
In the Homebrew channel, if you do not have a working internet connection already set up, you will see an icon flashing in the bottom right corner of the screen indicating its inability to initialize the network. You MUST wait for the icon to stop flashing OR let it flash for 30-60 seconds before proceeding otherwise these apps will error shortly after being launched. If you encounter this harmless error, power off the Wii and repeat this step from the beginning. To increase your chances of success, add a working internet connection to your Wii via the official Wii Settings Menu, but be sure to say "No" when asked to perform an update.

You only need to perform ONE of the below methods.

Method A: Using IOS236 Installer
--------------------------------

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer v5 MOD".

It should say "IOS236 installation is complete!" and return to The Homebrew Channel.

If you continue to experience errors you can try using Simple IOS Patcher instead.

Method B: Using Simple IOS Patcher
----------------------------------

After waiting 30-60 seconds for the HBC to attempt to initialize the network, launch "IOS236 Installer".

Choose "IOS36" (already selected by default) and push A,
Select "Install IOS to slot" and choose 236,
Select "Install patched IOS36" leaving the 4 patches set to "yes" and press A,
Choose "Load IOS from SD card".

Confirm your choice with the A button,
When prompted, push A to continue the installation.
When the installation is over you'll be back at the Main Menu,
Then push B button to exit.

If you continue to experience errors you can try using IOS236 Installer instead.

4) INSTALL WADS
============

Load Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) via the HomeBrew Channel.
If IOS236 is not already loaded, select "Load another IOS", then select IOS236

Note: If this step fails with error -ret 2011 or other, you may need to retry patching IOS236. If the Wii was previously softmodded, you can try loading cIOS250 (or others like 202,222,223,224,236,249)

In Multi-Mod Manager's main menu, go down to select "WAD Manager".

Install the following WADs from the WAD folder (this list of WADs is unique to how you answered the Wizard's questions).

Be careful not to install any additional wads that may have been previously saved in this folder (they may be safe, but I cannot say for sure).

Hold + for 2 seconds to select all the WADs in the folder. Then Press A twice to install them all.
If any files fail to install properly, they will remain marked for installation, so just retry installing those files.

Your unique list of wads to install are as follows:

* IOS70v16687(IOS70v6687[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* SystemMenu_4.1U_v449_DarkWiiOrange
* cIOS202[60]-v5.1R
* cIOS222[38]-v4
* cIOS223[37-38]-v4
* cIOS224[57]-v5.1R
* cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6
* cIOS250[57]-d2x-v6
* RVL-cMIOS-v65535(v10)_WiiGator_WiiPower_v0.2
* Mii-Channel-NUS-v6
* Opera-Internet-Channel-NUS(U)
* Weather-Channel-NUS-v7(U)
* NEWS-Channel-NUS-v7(U)
* Wii-Speak-Channel-NUS(U)
* IOS9-64-v1034
* IOS12-64-v526
* IOS13-64-v1032
* IOS14-64-v1032
* IOS15-64-v1032
* IOS17-64-v1032
* IOS21-64-v1039
* IOS22-64-v1294
* IOS28-64-v1807
* IOS31-64-v3608
* IOS33-64-v3608
* IOS34-64-v3608
* IOS35-64-v3608
* IOS36-64-v3608
* IOS37-64-v5663
* IOS38-64-v4124
* IOS41-64-v3607
* IOS43-64-v3607
* IOS45-64-v3607
* IOS46-64-v3607
* IOS48-64-v4124
* IOS53-64-v5663
* IOS55-64-v5663
* IOS56-64-v5662
* IOS57-64-v5919
* IOS58-64-v6176
* IOS61-64-v5662
* USBLoader(s)-ahbprot58-SD-USB-v9-IDCL
This is a forwarder channel that will load the first file it finds from the following list:
SD+USB:appsusbloaderboot.dol
SD+USB:appsusbloaderboot.elf
SD+USB:appsusb-loaderboot.dol
SD+USB:appsusb-loaderboot.elf
SD+USB:appsusbloader_cfgboot.dol
SD+USB:appsusbloader_cfgboot.elf
SD+USB:appsWiiFlowboot.dol
SD+USB:appsWiiFlowboot.elf
SD+USB:appsusbloader_gxboot.dol
SD+USB:appsusbloader_gxboot.elf
Notes: IOS58 is required to launch apps from an SD Card and hard drives formatted as
FAT32, NTFS, ext2, ext3 and ext4. It also supports meta.xml arguments
and is able to launch apps with direct hardware access.
You should always have at least one forwarder channel installed on your Wii,
that way, in the event of accidental update, you will be able to rehack your Wii without relying on a disc based exploit

Note: Whenever you install a new System Menu, Priiloader is uninstalled. So be sure to reinstall it afterwards (especially if you do not have bootmii as boot2)

5) INSTALL PRIILOADER
==================

Launch "Priiloader 236 Mod" via the Homebrew Channel

After the Priiloader Installer loads, press + to install it.

You may get an error for "loader.ini" and/or "password.txt" simply ignore these.

After successfully installing Priiloader, access it by powering off the Wii,
then powering it back on while holding reset until you see the Priiloader menu.

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the Priiloader settings if you prefer.

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any app/file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/system-hacks/priiloader

6) REINSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (if applicable)

Earlier you should have checked what IOS is used by the Homebrew Channel (HBC). If the IOS used by your HBC is IOS58 and your HBC is not upside-down, you can skip this step.

If the HBC is using an IOS other than IOS58 or your HBC is upside-down, you should reinstall the HBC.

Launch the HackMii_Installer via the HBC.
Use the Hackmii Installer to fix/re-install the HBC. Once you've successfully reinstalled the HBC, you can move onto the next step of the guide.

If the HBC is failing to load the HackMii_Installer (just blackscreens), instead launch the Hackmii Installer using the method described in the First Step

7) AFTER MODDING
=============

After you are done modding your Wii, you can optionally delete any unnecesarry files
by using ModMii's "File Cleanup" Feature.

If you choose not to use the File Cleanup feature, in order to avoid having your Wii freeze when accessing the SD Card Menu, you should delete the 'aktn' folder where bannerbomb is saved (SD:Privatewiititleaktn), or rename the entire 'private' folder.

At this point you're practically done.
Now you should be downloading the latest homebrew applications and setting them up on
your SD Card (or FAT32 USB Hard Drive) so they can be launched via the HBC.

For playing your backups off a USB hard drive, run the USB-Loader Setup feature from ModMii's Main Menu

For downloading applications, you should:
* Check out ModMii's batch download pages as it has many popular apps available for download.
* Download Homebrew Browser via ModMii to get many popular apps, but this is an online only Wii application (www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/hbb)
* For those without internet on their Wii, check out this list of Homebrew applications (wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_all_homebrew).
Another great resource is webrewwii.blogspot.com

After getting whatever apps you want, you should get a boot.dol file and possibly a icon.png and meta.xml.
For HBC to read your SD/USB correctly, your card must be structured SD:/apps/application name/boot.dol
If you have a *.dol not named boot.dol, rename it boot.dol, otherwise it will not be recognized by the HBC.
(optional: the icon.png and meta.xml should be saved in the same place as the boot.dol)

8) SUPPORT XFLAK
=============

IF MODMII WORKED FOR YOU, PLEASE VOTE IN FAVOUR OF THE PROGRAM HERE (tinyurl.com/ModMiiNow)

ModMii 4.7.2 HackMii Solutions Guide
Generated on 10/09/2011 - 22:30:46.17

* Current firmware is 4.2b

IMPORTANT NOTES:

1) LAUNCH Multi-Mod Manager (MMM)
==============================

Start the Homebrew Channel (HBC) and load Multi-Mod Manager (MMM). Once you've loaded MMM, move onto the next step.

If you are missing the HBC or it is failing to load any apps (just blackscreens), you will need to launch MMM using another method.

Run BannerBomb v2 by selecting the SD Card Button on the main system menu screen and choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf

2) INSTALL SOME IOSs USING Multi-Mod Manager (MMM)
===============================================

In Multi-Mod Manager's main menu, Go down to select "WAD Manager".

If you cannot load your SD card, select "Load another IOS", then select IOS36.
If the Wii was previously softmodded, try loading cIOS250 (or others like 202,222,223,224,236,249).

Now mark each of the following WADs for installation by navigating to each WAD and hitting +
Alternatively, you can hold + to mark all the WADs in the list for installation.

* IOS31v3608
* IOS33v3608
* IOS34v3608
* IOS35v3608
* IOS36v3608
* IOS58v6176

After you've marked the above WADs, press 'A' twice to install them all.

Only move onto the next step after successfully installing the above WADs, but do NOT exit MMM.

3) INSTALL THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL (HBC)
==================================

In MMM's main menu, select "App Manager" and then select the HackMii_Installer.
Use the Hackmii Installer to fix/re-install the HBC. If you haven't done so already, you should also install BootMii as Boot2 (if possible).
Once you've successfully reinstalled the HBC, you are finished with this guide.

If you already exited MMM, you can load the HackMii_Installer from the Homebrew Channel.

If the HBC is failing to load any apps (just blackscreens), instead launch MMM using the method described in Step 1, then in MMM's main menu, select "App Manager" and then select the HackMii_Installer.

This will launch the HackMii Installer, use it to reinstall your Homebrew Channel.

After you are done modding your Wii, in order to avoid having your Wii freeze when accessing the SD Card Menu, you should either delete the 'aktn' folder where bannerbomb is saved (SD:Privatewiititleaktn), or rename the entire 'private' folder.

4) SUPPORT XFLAK
=============

ModMii 4.7.2 USB-Loader Setup Custom Guide
Generated on 10/09/2011 - 22:32:20.71

* External Hard Drive to be Formatted as Part FAT32 and Part NTFS
* Download Configurable USB-Loader
* USB-Loader Settings and config files saved to USB Hard Drive

IMPORTANT NOTES:
----------------

*cIOS(s) required to use USB-Loaders, if you are missing cIOS(s) run the ModMii Wizard function to softmod your Wii before setting up your USB-Loader and/or external Hard-Drive.
*cIOS249 rev18 or higher required to use Hard Drives Formatted as FAT32 or NTFS (cIOS222 rev4 or higher also works, but you would need to download the 222 version of configurable usb-loader or modify your config.txt file for configurable USB-Loader)
*Not all external hard drive's are compatible with the Wii, for a list of which USB Hard Drive's are compatible, see this webpage: http://wiki.gbatemp....patibility_List

1) PARTITION AND FORMAT THE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
============================================

If you have anything saved on the hard drive, you should back it up now as all the data will be lost once you complete this step.

Right-click 'My Computer' and select 'Manage', a new window will open, on left panel click 'Disk Management'.
Right-click the drive you want to partition (make sure you select the right drive!), then select 'Delete Volume...'

On the lower half menu of the window, locate the unallocated space, right-click it, and select 'New Simple Volume...'
Enter the 'volume size' you want your FAT32 partition to be, and click 'Next'.
Choose a Drive letter for this partition, and click 'Next' (Make note of the drive letter, as it will be needed later)
You will likely not be able to change the file system to FAT32 (it will only be an option if the volume size is under 32GB)
If FAT32 isn't an option, select 'Do not format this volume', and click 'Next'
(it doesn't matter if you format the volume because you are going to format it as FAT32 later on)

On the lower half menu of the window, locate the remaining unallocated space (for the NTFS partition), right-click it, and select 'New Simple Volume....
Click 'Next' (to format the all remaining space on the drive).

Choose a Drive letter for this partition, and click 'Next'.
Ensure the file system is set to NTFS then name the partition/volume,
You may optionally uncheck the 'Perform a quick format' box, click 'Next', then click 'Finish'.

If you managed to format the first partition as FAT32, then you can skip the remainder of this step.

Launch FAT32 GUI Formatter from shortcuts on your Start Menu or Desktop

Make sure you select the drive letter corresponding to the partition you want to format as FAT32.
You may optionally uncheck the 'Quick Format' box, then click start.

2) COPY FILES TO HARD DRIVE
========================

Copy everything inside the COPY_TO_USB folder to the root of your FAT32 hard-drivepartition.

3) MANAGE WII BACKUPS USING WII BACKUP MANAGER (OPTIONAL)

Launch WiiBackupManager from shortcuts on your Start Menu or Desktop

You can use this program to manage/transfer your electronic backups of Wii Games.
It is very simple to use, but a detailed tutorial on using Wii Backup Manager can be found here:
www.sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/iso/wbfs-managers/wii-backup-manager

Note: Original Wii Disc's cannot be read/copied by using a computer (unless you have one of the rare LG Drives that is capable of doing so)

To copy ORIGINAL Wii Disc's, insert the disc into your Wii and...
- Launch Configurable USB-Loader, and hit the plus sign '+'.

Warning: Ripping to NTFS is VERY unstable, it is highly recommended to only add games to an NTFS hard drive using your computer.

4) CONFIGURE/CUSTOMIZE CONFIGURABLE USB-LOADER (OPTIONAL)

To Configure/Customize your USB-Loader, use the Configurator for Configurable USB-Loader found here:
COPY_TO_USBusb-loaderCfgLoaderConfigurator.exe

Optional: additional themes can be found here:
http://wii.spiffy360.com/themes.php

* IMPORTANT NOTES ON DEFAULT SETTINGS:
------------------------------------

Two potentially dangerous features have been locked:
1) The ability to remove/delete games
2) the ability to format a hard drive.

To unlock these features, while in the configurable USB-Loader menu, hold '1' for 5 seconds, then enter the password to unlock these features. The password is 'AAAA', you can change the password/settings by using the Configurator for Configurable USB-Loader. Hold '1' again for 5 seconds to lock the USB-Loader again (or it will lock automatically again once you exit the USB-Loader).

5) SUPPORT XFLAK
=============

Donations can be sent via paypal to [email protected]
If you make a donation, send me a PM or an email (at the same address)
and as my way of saying thanks for your donation,
I'll reveal to you a functional Easter Egg hidden in ModMii
guaranteed to be helpful every time you use ModMii

Credits:

ModMii was written entirely by me, XFlak; however, without the help of many
other very talented people ModMii would not exist.

Some people have contributed supporting filesprograms, others have shared
their knowledge, some have provided ideas and others have given their time.

I have tried my best to recognize everyone's contribution to ModMii regardless
of how big or small it is. If I've forgotten someone, please notify me and
I'll add them to the credits as quickly as possible.

Throughout the Credits there will be links to make donations to some other very
worthy developers. This will allow you to send donations to support the author
of your favourite tools.

ModMii Donations can be sent via paypal to: [email protected]
Anyone who donates $1 or more to ModMii will get a functional ModMii Easter Egg!

Team Twiizers
=============
Thanks to Team Twiizers for creating the revolutionary HackMii Installer.
Without their hard work, the Wii might never have been unlocked.
Many Team Twiizer Members went on to join Team Fail Overflow;
a team that played a vital role in unlocking the PS3.

I especially want to thank Bushing, who gave ModMii his blessing to
download and use the HackMii Installer.

Giantpune
=========
Giantpune in a legend in the Wii Scene and I consider him to be a good friend
of mine. He created many exploits, including the Smash Stack exploit for PAL
and KOR Wii's (which is still the only method to fix 003 bricked Wii's),
the Channel Forwarder dol, USB Loader GX, and many other computer programs
to repair or virginize Wii's.

He's contributed code to more projects than I even know about, so its
impossible for me to truly convey his impact on the scene. He even took
the time to explain a few things to me about cIOSs when ModMii was
in its early stages and still known as NUS Auto Downloader.

You can send Giantpune donations via paypal: [email protected]

Crediar, Daco Taco and Phpgeek
==============================
The above people all had a hand in creating Priiloader. This was another
revolutionary tool mainly because it was the first to offer some level
of protection to newer Wii's that were unable to install BootMii at boot2.
Crediar developed the original preloader as well as suneek, NMM, DML, etc.

You can send Crediar donations via paypal: [email protected]
You can send Daco Taco donations via paypal: [email protected]

Comex
=====
In addition to being a member of Team Twiizers and contributing to the HackMii
Installer, Comex created the heavily utilized bannerbomb exploit. This exploit
is what allows Wii's on firmwares 3.0-4.2 to be softmodded with only an SD Card
instead of needing one of a few specific Wii Games (like the 4.3 System Menu).

You can send Comex donations via paypal: [email protected]

Waninkoko
=========
Waninkoko was the first to publicly release a cIOS and other excellent apps
like WAD manager, Save Game Manager, USB loader, etc. I also want to thank
him for giving ModMii permission to recreate his cIOSs in WAD form.

Hermes
======
Hermes is well known for his cIOS 222/223/224 and for his usbloader "uloader".
For a time his cIOSs were the only ones to work with RockBand type games
and they are still highly utlized today.

davebaol, xabby666 and XFlak
============================
These developers worked together to modify Waninkoko's rev21 cIOS and created
a new "d2x" cIOS. This cIOS is currently considered the ultimate cIOS because
it corrected many bugs and added features that were previously thought to be
impossible (ie. Support for IOS Reloading Games). WiiPower was also heavily
influential in achieving IOS Reload Support.

Rodries
=======
Thanks to Rodries for improving upon Hermes v5.1 cIOSs.

WiiGator
========
WiiGator created a cMIOS and Gamecube Backup Launcher. Any GameCube fans
owe a big thank you to WiiGator for his work.

WiiPower
========
WiiPower created Neogamma, hands down the best backup disc loader for the Wii.
He also modified WiiGators cMIOS and created what is today considered the
ultimate cMIOS. Furthermore he's contributed code to many other popular
usb-loaders and had a hand in adding IOS Reloading support to the d2x cIOSs.

OverJoy
=======
OverJoy created JoyFlow, a modification of WiiFlow that runs on suneek.
He's also accomplished some seriously amazing things, like building a custom
DI module for suneek that allows it to load Wii games in wbfs format.

Arikado and the Dop-Mii Team
============================
They created Dop-Mii; a lot of apps borrow code from Dop-Mii, so even if you
have never used Dop-Mii but used MMM or WiiMod then you owe a thank you
to these people.

You can send Arikado donations via paypal: [email protected]

WiiWu
=====
He made Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) which has the functions of many different
Wii modding tools all in one user friendly app.

You can send WiiWi donations via paypal: [email protected]

WB3000 and WiiNinja
===================
Thanks to WB3000 for creating NUS Downloader and to WiiNinja for making a
cmd line version of NUS Downloader. NUS Downloader is one of ModMii's vital
supporting apps.

You can send WB3000 donations via bitcoin: 16cziXAdmLJwwSvgfKkfk6sSknvGqyf3VU

WiiCrazy
========
WiiCrazy is most famous for "Wii Game Shortcut Creator" (formerly known as
"Crap"), Crazy Intro and Crazy Intro Video. He also contributed to
usb-loaders by bypassing some game specific security. WiiCrazy is another
person who's always been willing to do everything in his power to help me,
or anyone else for that matter.

oggzee, usptactical, gannon and Dr.Clipper
==========================================
Together the above people compose the Configurable USB Loader Team.
This usb-loader has always been the first to add new features and
in my opinion it's the best usb-loader out there.

You can send The CFG USB Loader team donations via paypal: [email protected]

Wiimm
=====
Thanks to Wiimm for creating Wiimms ISO Tools, including wit.exe which
ModMii uses to convert Wii Games to s/uneek format as well as build
forwarder ISOs.

diddy81 and symular syn of the Wii Theme Team
=============================================
The Wii Theme Team has created some of the best Wii Themes ever made!
All of the alternative themes available in ModMii were created by them.
I want to thank diddy81 in particular for working with me to ensure that
all his themes worked perfectly for all regions.

FIX94, Narolez and the WiiXplorer Team
======================================
Thanks to all these people for their contributions in making the best
SDUSB forwarder. I want to thank FIX94 in particular who spent a lot
of time testing ModMii's Forwarder Builder... he might be young,
but he is wise beyond his years; just imagine what he'll be capable of
when he's old enought to vote!

You can send The WiiXplorer team donations via paypal: [email protected]

ModMii's Translators
====================
Tranlating ModMii is an enormous amount of work. It's very challenging
to get special characters to display correctly in a cmd window, not to
mention keeping everything formatted properly. But probably the most
difficult part of translating ModMii is keeping up with the updates.
If you use a translated version of ModMii, I encourage you to thank
your translator because it truly is a LOT of work to do.

French Translators: mamule, xav91 and ketufe
Dutch Translator: Hielkenator
Italian Translators: Wasabi, Step and Robilyn

Fig2k4
======
Thanks Fig2k4 for WiiBackupManager. It was a pleasure beta testing it for you
and sharing my ideas with you. I hope to you around the forums again and that
you continue working on your amazing program.

You can send Fig2k4 donations via paypal: [email protected]

WiiShizzza and pepxl
====================
Thanks to WiiShizzza for creating ModMii's new icon and to pepxl for
creating ModMii's original icon. I want to thank everyone who created
a ModMii icon and submitted it into ModMii's new icon competition.
Type "icon" to open your browser to the icon submissions webpage and
see over 30 creative icons that people made.

My Fellow Guide Writers
=======================
Thanks to tj_cool, xzxero, burritoboy9984, ChokeD and mauifrog for their
awesome Guides. I especially want to thank tj_cool and xzxero for inviting
me to join "The Crew" at the Complete Softmod Guide. I'll never forget how
great it felt to be relatively new to the scene and to be invited to join
you all as equals.

JoostinOnline
=============
Thanks for determining the best cIOS configuration and for all his jokes;
I'll never get tired of our endless patriotic "debates".

DaMysteryMan
============
Thanks for helping me understand the structure of a cIOS so I could better
recreate it in WAD form. For those of you who don't know him, DaMysteryMan is
most well known for his ever controversial app - DarkCorp (formerly cIOSCorp).

person66
========
Thanks for trading little bits of batch coding knowledge with me. It's great
having a fellow batch coder for a friend; we are a dying breed, so keep up
the great work with Universal Forwarder Creator and all your other projects.

Gannon
======
Thanks to Gannon for bootopera, which I was able to mod to create the URL
loader base dol.

Violator
========
He's my bro, my cuz, my best man and the reason I ever bought or modded a Wii.
"XFlak" would have died many years ago if not for him. Thanks Violator, for
getting me interested in this stuff, and for all the awesome music you
recorded for my Top Wii Channels!

DeadlyFoez
==========
DeadlyFoez is legendary for his Wii Repairs and infectus tutorial.
Anyone who's broken their Wii can email [email protected] to have it fixed.

What can I say about THE "DeadlyFoez" on a personal level. He's always
getting me into trouble but his friendship is worth every fiasco! It's
unreal how he became one of my best friends. Just goes to show you not
everyone you meet online is totally crazy; in his case... just a little crazy.
But seriously, thanks to DeadlyFoez for always being there for me to bounce
ModMii ideas off of, for hosting the first two Team Your Mom meetings and
for introducing me to his awesome family and friends. There's no one else
I'd rather geek out with and I'll always have your back.

All My Beta Testers!
====================
It's because of you guys that ModMii is as stable as it is. Considering that
ModMii is developed entirely in notepad without any kind of debugger or
developer tools; it's pretty remarkable that ModMii has always been bug-free
(albeit with a couple minor exceptions). Thanks for your never-ending
devotion to quality control!

You!
====
Without you, there would be no reason for ModMii to exist.
Thanks for using ModMii for all your Wii softmodding needs!

Supporting Programs/Files Bundled With ModMii:ModMii source code available for download HERE.

If you would like to contribute to the project, or have ideas, please send me a PM and we can discuss it further in private.

Changelog:

4.7.3 Changelog
  • Added a sysCheck Updater feature. You can supply ModMii with your unique
    sysCheck.csv log and ModMii will analyze it then notify you which specific
    softmods you're missing. It will download only the files required to update
    your softmod as well as build a custom guide for you to follow.
  • Replaced sysCheckGX on Download Page 2 with sysCheck v2.1.0 b13.
  • Added dip patch the IOS60's patches. The patched IOS60 is now installed to
    all system menu slots to protect against 003 bricks. As a result, the
    ModMii Wizard no longer needs to ask if the Wii has been region changed.
  • Removed Extra Brick Protection option. Instead extra brick protection is
    now always installed. This includes installing a patched IOS60 to all
    system menu IOS slots as well as installing a USB-Loader Forwarder Channel.
    Also added an option to exclude the USB-Loader Forwarder Channel from the
    ModMii Wizard.
  • Added feature to install a secondary custom folder of wads when
    building emulated NANDs.
  • When building an emulated NAND ModMii no longer asks users to provide a
    serial number; instead the default serial number is always used.
    This change was implemented after discovering that using different
    serial numbers has no impact on functionality.
  • Fixed bug where the Photo Channel was not being fully installed to
    emulated NANDs. Now the initial version of the Photo Channel as well
    as v1.1 are installed to emulated NANDs. The initial version of the
    Photo Channel was added to Download Page 1; however it shouldn't
    be required for anything other than emulated NANDs.
  • Stopped using IOSkpatch to patch emulated NANDs as it is no longer necessary.
  • ModMii: now updated more frequently than your wife's wardrobe.
  • Other minor changes.

Older Changelogs can be viewed in my next post, HERE
Error Reporting Procedure!

-Mention specifically how you used ModMii (including what version you used), and describe the problems you got and when/where you got them
-If you used a ModMii Custom Generated Guide, post it along with your problem.
-Please post your guide in a "SPOILER" so that they do not take up a too much space

HTML:
[spoiler]This is an example of how to code a spoiler[/spoiler]

This is an example of how to code a spoiler

Gilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, thanks to XFlak and all the other scene members for all their support.

I have two questions, I've just connect my wii to the internet. It's a 4.2U, with Cios Hermes 5.1 and d2x v6 installed. My personal preference is to touch as less as possible since I have bootmii as IOS (btw I also have Priiloader v 7.0 installed).

I wanted to update the channels, so I guessed that using MMM I'd be able to install the updated versions of the channels. I've chosen all channels so as to check later which one I'd like to install.

However, instead of getting only the channel wads, I've also got some IOS to install. I saw that IOS56 is required for a certain channel. That's OK. But what does all the other IOS mean? Do I need to install them too?

The other question is more basic (though might be off topic), so as to run internet with the wii, do I need to update the internet channel?

Modmultiguide notepad attached below (sorry I don't know how to create a spoiler) - I've chosen W at the main menu and answer "N" to all the menus, except for the channels one, of course. I've also changed the update IOS option at the options menu.

* IOS40v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS52v15661(IOS52v5661[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS70v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS80v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* Mii-Channel-NUS-v6
* Opera-Internet-Channel-NUS
* Weather-Channel-NUS-v7
* NEWS-Channel-NUS-v7
* Wii-Speak-Channel-NUS
* IOS56-64-v5662

Once again, thank you all!

PS: Although I'm not a newbie and probably know about wii a lot more than my friends, I'm very very far away from an advanced level. Sorry if my questions are too silly.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
First of all, thanks to XFlak and all the other scene members for all their support.

I have two questions, I've just connect my wii to the internet. It's a 4.2U, with Cios Hermes 5.1 and d2x v6 installed. My personal preference is to touch as less as possible since I have bootmii as IOS (btw I also have Priiloader v 7.0 installed).

I wanted to update the channels, so I guessed that using MMM I'd be able to install the updated versions of the channels. I've chosen all channels so as to check later which one I'd like to install.

However, instead of getting only the channel wads, I've also got some IOS to install. I saw that IOS56 is required for a certain channel. That's OK. But what does all the other IOS mean? Do I need to install them too?

The other question is more basic (though might be off topic), so as to run internet with the wii, do I need to update the internet channel?

Modmultiguide notepad attached below (sorry I don't know how to create a spoiler) - I've chosen W at the main menu and answer "N" to all the menus, except for the channels one, of course. I've also changed the update IOS option at the options menu.

* IOS40v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS52v15661(IOS52v5661[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS70v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* IOS80v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP])
* Mii-Channel-NUS-v6
* Opera-Internet-Channel-NUS
* Weather-Channel-NUS-v7
* NEWS-Channel-NUS-v7
* Wii-Speak-Channel-NUS
* IOS56-64-v5662

Once again, thank you all!

PS: Although I'm not a newbie and probably know about wii a lot more than my friends, I'm very very far away from an advanced level. Sorry if my questions are too silly.

ok ios56.wad is for the shopping channel if you dont install it the shop channel will not work

the rest are old system menu ios that are now a ios60 patched and the slot number changed for brick protection

60 70 80 are the important ones they are for the system menu's used by most people

as for running the wii on the net you need a wireless router or a usb ethernet adapter

wireless router works best ----- anyway go to wii settings and then internet and set up a connection

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==