• Total voters

GeToChKn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Porobu said:
GeToChKn said:
How can I used ModMii to return a wii to stock? I have a wii that has preloader installed but no HBC or anything else anymore. The customer tried to remove it themselves and got part of it out and then gave it to me when I swapped them for a board that would update. Its on 4.2U and it will not update to 4.3U from the Nintendo site. I've switch the WLAN card in the Wii, still get 32004 all the time. I've used the same router and internet connection to update 3 other wii's to 4.3U, so its not the router, its not port forwarding, its not anything. I've set all the preloader options to disabled, so there is no blocking but I have to assume that there is so rogue ios in there or something preventing the update from the nintendo site as I can update any other wii I put in its place. I would like to be able to sell this as a virgin system to a customer but not if it can't be updated as I don't want problems down the road.
update to priiloader 0.6 and then uninstall it or install a SM 4.3 and IOS80 wads

So if mod it with modmii, since there is no hb channel or anything, i have to mod it first, then with wad manager, install the sm wad and the ios80 mod and when i reboot it should be stock 4.3u with no homebrew or priiloader installed or should i mod it, upgrade and uninstall the priiloader just to make sure its out there for good, then install the two wads?

GeToChKn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it fixed. Used modmii to remove priiloader, installed bootmi and homebrew channel, updated the two wad files which showed 4.3u, did a system update, wii updated to 4.3u again no problem this time, removed hb channel and bootmii and its fully stock.

thanks for the help and a great tool.

Tujiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak

Is there any way one could use ModMii to create a "Recovery DVD" for let's say chipped users who decided to try softmodding, managed to brick their Wii, and can autoboot because of the chip. I'm sorry if this is a lame post to you vets, but I'm not real typative.
smile.gif

Btw, if so, if possible. Could someone include a kinda step by step process....a mild one, or pm me or something. If not, I have some minor coding experience, if someone could at least lead me to enlightenment.
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Tujiro,
its pointless to add that to ModMii, just check out this thread
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123708

@lostwiiinspace,
it probably can be fixed, but I personally don't even know what that error is off the top of my head. I think u may have posted your problem in the wrong place, sorry! Good luck fixing it!

petehill

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all
been using the guide and all went well as far as the multi mod manager.
It would not install the following : cios 202,222,223,224,249,250. IOS 11,20,30,50,60,70. Also RVL cmios wiigator and USBLoader would not install. I have a previously soft modded 4.2E but described it as a virgin wii as per the guide.
Any advice very welcome.
And yes, I am a noob.
Cheers
All showing as ticket return error -2011

AetherMaster

Aether
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rikuumi said:
Should I choose 4.1 as it recommends? Or is it outdated and I should choose 4.2?
Use 4.1. As long as you update the IOSs, which ModMii does, there's no need for 4.2 or 4.3. They're strictly anti-piracy updates.

moffman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just installed and everything works great, fantastic piece of software but I do have a small problem with USB loader channel. It is there but when I run it it asks me to plug in a USB drive. It runs fine under HBC so I must have done something wrong I think. I installed USB loader onto a FAT32 Partition on the USB drive so I did not need to use the SD slot.
Is this where my problems lie? I did not want to use the SD card as it holds my nand and keys bin as well as the hack files. Obviously if it needs to use the SD card I will, but I was hoping not to. Anyone have any ideas?
Cheers.

Donkey Punch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying for first time and CRASH! 3.2U non virgin Wii upgrading to 4.1 - crashed in middle of downloading files after running wizard and building guide.

I had to run your app about 4 times to get all the files.

CODE************** Exception Text **************
System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindowProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3615 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
nusd
Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///G:/ModMii/nusd.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3614 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

A few other suggestions/bug reports:

- When I hit S for save the Wizard settings it seemed to ignore lowercase "S". It only seemed to accept it when I did uppercase. Bug or just a strange glitch?
- I keep seeing the message if no network activity run "unfreezeMii.bat". Where is this file? Forget to include it?
- Saving the path after using wizard didn't seem to always work. Path seemed to be lost if there was a crash or freeze. Save path earlier?

Question: It looks like you have included Priiloader 0.4...why not use latest 0.6?

Thanks

mc711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i used your great app to update my hacked wii from using the softmod any wii tutorial

backups load great but i cant get any form of triiforce to work (mighty channels, uloader, mrc ss, etc..)
it keeps going back to the system menu whenever i try to launch a wiiware/vc game. ive followed every guide on it but i keep getting the same results.
so im asking if there is any way to unhack my wii. i want to try from scratch b/c i think it might be my nand backup
with all the modded IOSes and hacks that might be messing up. thanks

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I know this probably isn't the right thread to post this but as I'm not sure where the problem lies I'm trying to cover all of the angles.
I had a wbfs fomatted mactor portable basics (fully compatible) working perfectly with all my games. Yesterday I decided to reformat the drive as fat32(32KB if it makes any difference) Cause I thought It would be good to have the extra space available for whatever I could need and seeing as the fat32 support is fully developed by now (I had WBFS since this whole softmod thing started...)
Anyways, long story short it took me FOREVER to backup the games to my hdd, reformat the external drive and then move the backed up games from my hdd to my external AGAIN just to find out my wii doesn't recognize it!!!... The external is the same, the games are the same. Everythings the same.
I'm using the latest revs of everything (at least what modmii downloads for me...) and CFG loader.
Apps stored in the usb drive are not recognized either...
What could be wrong and can you think of something to fix it? (Please don't tell me to reformat my drive again cause I think I'd rather kick myself in the nuts than going through that again...)
Thanks in advance.

PS: I formatted and managed the backups with Wii Backup Manager (latest version)

ambiguousphoton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Everyone,
I just installed using this modmii software and it seemed to work great! I didn't do step 7 yet, but I was wondering first how people like this bootloader versus the gx version. (Or are they the same thing?) It would be good to have this as user friendly as possible for another non technical person who uses my wii. If the gx is better, how do I go about installing it so as not to much up what I have? When I was setting up modmii I did check the use a usb hard drive so I see that program on my home screen, but it doesn't seem to work yet. (I am assuming because I haven't followed the instructions for usb loading in modmii yet.) Also, is there a way to hide/password protect the homebrew channel or at least any of the programs within that can cause issues if messed with?
Thanks so much!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ambiguousphoton,
don't use usbloader gx (its buggy), i think cfg usb loader is very awesome and simple. It can be a little confusing to customize the look of it, but the default look is awesome anyways. If u want an alternative, try wiiflow. If you want to lock apps, check out download page 2 for the locked HBC folder, just move any apps u want to lock from the apps folder to the apps_locked folder.

@sidescroll,
you may want to post your problem in the Wii Backup Manager thread. But perhaps try using FAT32 GUI Formatter to format your HDD instead of WBM. You can download that from ModMii's download page 2 by typing "F32". Next time, try copying just one game or app to the HDD and test it to make sure it works before copying over your whole collection.

@mc711,
triiforce support is broken in cIOS rev 18-20, so to fix it, either install cIOS249rev17b (note that this does not support USB-Loading from FAT32 or NTFS, only WBFS) or install cIOS249rev21. But SNEEK/UNEEK has better compatibility than triiforce/mighty channels, so personally I would look into that instead.

@geeb2002,
tj_cool actually mentioned it to me already and the links are already changed for the next update, thx.

@Donkey Punch,
priiloader 0.4 offers just as much brick protection as priiloader 0.6. But priiloader 0.6 uses a different installer that uses ahbprot and may be susceptible to the HBC network init. bug, so the v0.4 installer is safer. The only downside to priiloader v0.4 is that it cannot autoboot the latest homebrew channel, but it can still be access via Priiloader's title launcher. Generally speaking, if some1 complains about not being able to autoboot the HBC from priiloader v0.4, I just tell them to install a HBC forwarder channel with the old HBC title ID, and that fixes the prob. And re. your problem with ModMii crashing, your error report says .NET Framework 2.0 was loaded... IIRC, .NET Framework 3.5 is supposed to be loaded... perhaps you don't have that installed. In either case, reinstall .NET Framework 3.5 and your errors will likely go away. And saving the settings works with both upper case and lower case, so what u experienced is a strange glitch. And not saving the path isn't a glitch, to save the path, u need to go to ModMii options and actually save the path.

moffman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
moffman said:
Just installed and everything works great, fantastic piece of software but I do have a small problem with USB loader channel. It is there but when I run it it asks me to plug in a USB drive. It runs fine under HBC so I must have done something wrong I think. I installed USB loader onto a FAT32 Partition on the USB drive so I did not need to use the SD slot.
Is this where my problems lie? I did not want to use the SD card as it holds my nand and keys bin as well as the hack files. Obviously if it needs to use the SD card I will, but I was hoping not to. Anyone have any ideas?
Cheers.

Still hoping for an answer to this small problem, can anyone help please.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm actually using modmii for the very first time now as I write ( I previously modded my own Wii with the Twilight hack looong ago and then simply added stuff and newer cios as they were coming out, I'm currently on 4.2U with homebrew channel, usb forwaders, netflix and internet channel and everything works fine and it's updated ) as I 'm trying to mod a friend'd Wii that's at 3.4U and virgin.
I followed the instruction until now, and everything is going great except Modmii is taking a long time to download all the files.
I don't worry too much about it, it's not frozen or anything because slowly slowly is going forward, however some of the files fail to download multiple times and Modmii is skipping them.
Will I still be able to mod my friend's Wii, even though some of these files are missing ?
BTW, I'm sorry if it has been asked before, but it's tough to check over 2000 messages to find what I'm looking for (:
Anyway , a quick reply would be very much appreciated !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good