Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
XFlak said:
tj_cool said:
Sigh, still into linkbucks?
I HATE that site
Get SkipScreen for firefox and voila, instant download! Hey, at least I'm offering a solution to those who share your thoughts!
Even with SkipScreen or whatever plugin, linkbucks simply doesn't work at all on my pc
rolleyes.gif

Also, noone shares my thoughts
smileipb2.png

ps: no you don't need to give me the link, I already have it

That Peter Noone is an oppinionated bugger aint he
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I would like some opinions, but I don't want to start a poll over something so trivial

I am contemplating not embedding the supporting command line *.exe files into "nus auto downloader.exe" as I have done in the past, but instead just saving them in a zip archive along with the program.

Pros of doing this: The app will start up slightly faster as there will be no embedded files to extract (probably shave off approx 2 seconds off startup). Also, this should stop all or most false-positive virus reports (as the app wont be 'dropping' a bunch of unknown exe's anymore).

Cons: There will be many *.exe files saved in the NUS Auto Downloader Folder, so new users may not know which one to run (although double-clicking any of the other exe's won't do anything, as they are command line tools, so anyone should be able to figure it out using common sense or process of elimination).

------
PS. Next release should have an auto-update option and one other REALLY nice addition (I'm keeping this one under wraps for the time being, but lets just say it will replace 3 steps of the guide with 1... making it that much faster/easier to mod any wii
biggrin.gif
)

edit: it seems like no one has a preference... so I'll do whatever I feel like I guess, lol

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
First post updated with
NUS Auto Downloader v4.0.1

The first post has also been updated with a new AWESOME youtube tutorial video made by Pepxl.

4.0.1 Changelog
  • Added an auto-update feature (this can be disabled in the options menu, if you disable it, I strongly recommend regularly checking for updates manually on the options page, or this webpage [tinyurl.com/nusauto]). Note that I will be updating this program with updates for IOSs/apps/cios installers/guides/etc. as they are released.
  • Added more download options to the download wizard if you answer your wii is NOT a virgin (ie. hackmii installer and bannerbomb)
  • If in the download wizard you answer your wii is NOT a virgin but you want to download a cIOS Installer, all the base wads will also be downloaded and saved in the right place (previously only the installer was downloaded--but it always downloaded base wads in the past if you answered your wii is a virgin)
  • Some other minor changes

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thanks man! I only have 1 idea left to implement, but its giving me some trouble (I thought it worked, then I thought it was broken, now I think it works again... blah blah blah... I don't want to make promises I can't keep, but chances are once/if I figure it out, there wont be any more new features added to this app after that)

Oh yea, I forgot to mention. If anyone has any idea's or suggestions to make nus auto downloader better, feel free to share your ideas in this thread. If I like the idea (or if a lot of other people support it) I'll probably add it to future releases.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
xflak,

awesome work you did there.
one thing you "could" add :
in batch downloading allow a "select all for "
this way we can download all the things related to a specific region only.

after checking your comments about the path length issue with your auto-update, why not change the way the setting is done ?
- when the user runs the program check the path length and if too long set the autoupdate off
- if the autoupdate if off (automatically or by saved settings) add a warning/info message
- when a user change the setting for the autoupdate check the length of the path and notify the user if it is too long (and disallow the setting until the path is the correct length)
this way you could avoid any crash due to that.

just my two cents
wink.gif

Cheers,
R

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
thx for suggestions redia, I will add your first suggestion to the next release
biggrin.gif

your second suggestion could probably be done if I knew a command to count the characters in the path (I would also have to figure out the max path length via trial and error)... if anyone knows such a command (or the max path length), plz let me know either on this thread or just PM me.

edit: max path length is probably 255 chars

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
XFlak said:
your second suggestion could probably be done if I knew a command to count the characters in the path (I would also have to figure out the max path length via trial and error)... if anyone knows such a command (or the max path length), plz let me know either on this thread or just PM me.

edit: max path length is probably 255 chars

XFlak,

what language are you using ?
maybe I can help for this command.

Cheers,
R

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Thx Redia, i'm using windows cmd/batch commands, I can get the path no problem (command = "chdir"), but I haven't figured out how to count the characters in it yet

edit: feel free to PM me if u find a solution... or u can post it in this thread if u prefer

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
A major update for NUSAD is about to be released, I just need some beta testers to confirm my personal tests so I know that the new features are working properly. (the sooner people confirm its working correctly, the sooner I will release it publicly)

If you are intelligent, and would like to test out NUSAD 4.1.0 beta, send me a PM... and as always, suggestions are welcome and even encouraged

(if u were one of my previous beta testers, please check your msg's, you should have a PM from me. If I accidentally forgot to PM you, just send me a msg)

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
XFlak,

I finally had a few minutes to spare as my kid did not feel like going to bed right away.. lol

here you go with the script

Code:
@echo off

set folder=%cd%
set string=%folder%

set length=0
:loop
if defined string (
ÂÂÂÂset string=%string:~1%
ÂÂÂÂset /A length += 1
ÂÂÂÂgoto loop
ÂÂÂÂ)
if %length% LEQ 20 (
ÂÂÂÂecho Length of "%folder%" :ÂÂ%length% char... OK
ÂÂÂÂ) ELSE (
ÂÂÂÂecho Length of "%folder%" :ÂÂ%length% char... error
ÂÂÂÂ)

I hope this helps.
R

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
redia said:
XFlak,

I finally had a few minutes to spare as my kid did not feel like going to bed right away.. lol

here you go with the script

*script removed*

I hope this helps.
Rthanks man! this should work perfectly, here's the core code I'll be using (still need to confirm the max # of characters the path can have before it fails, then disable the auto-update if its too long)... i made a small change to the code you originally posted (before you edited it) and its working like a charm (the change was: SET vartotest=%~dp0)
CODE@echo off

SET vartotest=%~dp0
set string=%vartotest%

set length=0
:loop
if defined string (
ÂÂÂÂset string=%string:~1%
ÂÂÂÂset /A length += 1
ÂÂÂÂgoto loop
ÂÂÂÂ)
if %length% LEQ 20 (
ÂÂÂÂecho Length of "%vartotest%" :ÂÂ%length% char... OK
ÂÂÂÂ) ELSE (
ÂÂÂÂecho Length of "%vartotest%" :ÂÂ%length% char... error
ÂÂÂÂ)

pause
edit: looks like your edited code and your original code that I modified produce the same output
biggrin.gif
Thanks a lot man!

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
yeah sorry I posted the "first" draft a little bit too quickly.
but the modif you made seems to be doing the job too.

I am happy I could help.

Cheers,
R

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I can't seem to repeat the auto-update problem when the path name is too long...

I think I originally diagnosed the 'bug' incorrectly, the program fails to launch when the path has greater than 255 chars regardless of whether auto-update is enable or disabled. At best, i could have NUSAD warn you if the path name is approaching this limit (which I have no intention of doing). But when the path is too long, I can't get the app to run... I'm pretty sure this is a problem most apps face, so I no longer consider this a bug.

@redia, I'm sure your code will come in handy in the future, so even if I don't use it as intended, I'm sure I'll find a use for it eventually, so thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes::angry: I Love Pianos 😡