Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@everyone the next BIG modmii update is probably gonna be released in a matter of weeks (possibly sooner but I don't want to over-promise)!

All the themes submitted so far will be available to everyone on launch, check them out here: https://github.com/modmii/modmii.github.io/tree/master/temp/Skins

There's still time to get new themes in so that there's more of a selection on day 1! So if you were interested but got distracted and forgot, consider this your reminder!

And if you miss the launch date it's fine, I can add new themes at any time!
Post automatically merged:

If anyone is decent with photoshop and wants to lend a hand with a secret project shoot me a DM.

I have someone willing to help but they might not be able to assist for another week or so, and I'd like to avoid delays due to gfx if possible.

Thanks!

Edit: also if anyone has bootmii boot2 and is willing to help test some other secret stuff shoot me a message. Thanks!

Last edited by XFlak,

l0r3n2o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello XFlak, I have a small question: I'm using the sysCheck Updater to check my installed cIOSes and it asks me if I want to overwrite IOS31, which is used by RiiConnect24, but it doesn't recognize the IOS80 one and it downloads IOS80v65535.
Which IOS80 should I use? Thank you so much for the amazing work!

Last edited by l0r3n2o,
Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Modmii's ios80 works with riiconnect24 as well (actually all of Modmii's recommended system menu ios's do) and it also has a few other benefits as well. So go ahead and install modmii's ios80, it won't break riiconnect24, and it will also enable u to play fakesigned titles that have been moved to the official sd card menu

Reactions: l0r3n2o

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's a known bug that will be fixed in the next update (hopefully within the next month or so).
So I said this back in March 2022... that 1 month until my next update turned into 11, lol
I just kept having idea after idea of things to add to ModMii, my changelog is like 10 pages now, lol

The good news... the update should be ready in a matter of weeks or even days, so hold onto your hats everyone, this is the endgame now for what will be one of my biggest modmii updates ever!

nexstar400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi im having issues using modmii
[spoilers]Im using the latest version availible to try to get sneek and create an emuNAND. However it is giving the error "neek2o rev96 not installed properly". Any help would be appreciated![/spoilers]

Reactions: SaulFabre

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Latest English version right?

Can u share a screenshot so I can see what the last thing it was doing before it wasn't installed properly

It could be a required file not being downloaded properly, like the sneek installer or an ios module from NUS, or even autoit

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: SaulFabre

nexstar400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest English version right?

Can u share a screenshot so I can see what the last thing it was doing before it wasn't installed properly

It could be a required file not being downloaded properly, like the sneek installer or an ios module from NUS, or even autoit

Here is a screenshot of the error message.
1677961111508.png

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Can u try using modmii classic and see if that makes a difference?

Also, if u get the error can u try and take a screenshot as it happens and not just the final output screen? It would help me identify the specific issue, thx
Post automatically merged:

Here is a screenshot of the error message.
Assuming you got the same issue as me, the latest version of autoit is being blocked due to suspicions of being a virus. Easily fixed by downloading an older version

Open up support\modmii.bat in notepad, and edit replace this
Code:
if not exist autoit-v3.zip start %ModMiimin%/wait support\wget --content-disposition --no-check-certificate -t 3 http://www.autoitscript.com/cgi-bin/getfile.pl?autoit3/autoit-v3.zip
with this
Code:
if not exist autoit-v3.zip start %ModMiimin%/wait support\wget --content-disposition --no-check-certificate -t 3 https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/archive/autoit/autoit-v3.3.16.0.zip -O autoit-v3.zip

Or just manually download autoit-v3.3.16.0.zip and save autoit3.exe to ModMii's temp folder

Thanks for reporting!!!!

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: jeannotte

nexstar400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can u try using modmii classic and see if that makes a difference?

Also, if u get the error can u try and take a screenshot as it happens and not just the final output screen? It would help me identify the specific issue, thx
Hi, I just tried using Modmii classic and it worked perfectly! Thanks for the help

Reactions: jeannotte

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

The huge update I promised is finally here! This time I swear v7.0.0 is not an early April Fool's joke like last time!

Lots in this update, like tons of new drag and drop features, new Wii apps like Yet Another Wad Manager ModMii Edition and SysCheck ModMii Edition, a new super easy App Updater feature, a custom uninstaller, more easter eggs, and lots lots more!

This update was A LOT of hard work. I could not have done it alone, especially the ModMii Edition Wii apps. Major thanks goes out to @blackb0x, @OverjoY, Peter0x44, @scooby74029 and @TheShadowEevee. And also a huge thank you to @Gabubu who almost single-handedly recorded a ton of new videos for ModMii, and to @Vila_ for upscaling the videos we didn't re-record. Thanks to @dhtdht020 for maintaining oscwii.org and for refreshing ModMii's icons. I've updated the official credits with many more names but I really wanted to highlight a few in this post.

And finally thanks to all my testers and of course YOU for continuing to show your support. Some of you may know I recently had some health issues, and the support I received from this community was very inspiring. When I got out of the hospital, I was very motivated to finally finish this update for all of you, I hope you enjoy it!

Warning! Effective in v7.0.0, many of the WADs in ModMii's temp folder from older versions will be deemed invalid going forward and will be automatically re-downloaded (more details in changelog). To correct the files in your temp folder all at once, download the items from the bundled "NUS_2023_Changes" download queue. After ModMii's downloaded files to its temp folder for future use you can delete COPY_TO_SD. (L)oad a prepared download queue to get started. Re-download from NUS while you can as Nintendo servers could shut down at any time!

Changelog Summary:​

• Many new Drag and Drop supported file types, features and functions (e.g. nand.bin check/clone/defragment, WAD modify/unpack/trasmit, mym & csm theme creation, dol & elf app launcher, zip HBC transfer tool, etc.).
  • New default cIOS (d2x-v11-beta1) and recommended cIOS configuration (248[38], 249[56], 250[57], 251[58]).
  • YAWM ModMii Edition replaced MMM and Some YAWMM Mod in all wizards/guides. Now all functions support Wii motion+ remotes and/or do not require manually changing SD:/boot.elf/dol in between guide steps.
  • Guide optimizations, improvements and additions (e.g. GPT to MBR conversion, added 2 new HDD format options WBFS & FAT32+WBFS, new/improved Youtube videos, re-ordered/combined/streamlined steps, etc.).
  • Added optional step to SysCheck Updater guides to carefully stub or erase unnecessary IOS slots that should be empty using stub IOS WADs.
  • UI changes: changes to icons, new default ModMii Skin theme, new ModMii Skin theme selector, optional Launchpad Toolbar, optional Context Menu (right-click) access to ModMii.
  • Complete GUI redesign of ModMii Classic Download Pages (excluding Advanced Downloads Page).
  • (Re)introduced auto-updating and semi-auto-updating downloads.
  • Many new/updated downloads. Notably a dozen new PC Programs were added.
  • A custom uninstaller is now bundled with ModMii allowing you to uninstall some or all of ModMii's components.
  • App Updater: new feature added to File Cleanup function on main menu. Users now prompted if they want to check for updates to auto-updating apps detected on the device (excluding Dolphin and OSC), or to delete unnecessary files, or both.
  • Updated bundled version of NUS Downloader Command Line from v0.2 to v0.6. The old NUSD did not perfectly create TMDs. Imperfect TMDs were not generally problematic and have been used without issues for many years. However, the new YAWM ModMii Edition will prevent installation of any WAD that is not perfect for security reasons. As a result, many of the WADs in ModMii's temp folder from older versions will be deemed invalid going forward and will be automatically re-downloaded. To correct the files in your temp folder all at once, download the items from the bundled "NUS_2023_Changes" download queue.
  • Other changes and bugfixes.

See Spoilers for Detailed Changes:​

Drag and Drop:​

• If you can't drag and drop it onto ModMii then it probably isn't Wii related, because ModMii drops it like it's hot!
  • Added support for dragging and dropping multiple items at once.
  • Added a new option to ModMii Classic's main menu to open a File or Folder with ModMii, behaves same as drag and drop except it does not support opening multiple items at once.
    • Includes ModMii Launchpad Toolbar Installer/Uninstaller to add or remove a quicklaunch-like toolbar to your taskbar giving you easy access to drag and drop functions.
    • Includes Context Menu Installer/Uninstaller to add or remove "Open with ModMii" to your right-click context menu (or Shift-right-click).
  • Added Drag and Drop support for many new file types and features, including:
  1. nand.bin tools (nand.bin); Extract, Check, Clone or Defragment a Wii nand.bin file
    • Extract a nand.bin into folder format structure to use as an emulated nand
    • Check a nand.bin using nandBinCheck to confirm it is safe to install on a Wii
    • Clone a nand.bin from one Wii to install to a different Wii using Punetwiin; output is also automatically checked by nandBinCheck
    • Defragment a nand.bin for modest speed improvement and/or to compensate for new bad blocks in old nand backups
    • Examples: nand.bin, anything.bin
  2. HBC Transfer Tool (zip, 7z, rar); wirelessly transfer apps to the device selected in the Homebrew Channnel (e.g. SD, USB)
    • ModMii supports transferring archives (zip, 7z, rar) both with and without an /apps/ folder (e.g. usbloader_gx or apps/usbloader_gx). Only one app per archive can be transferred at a time, and because the HBC's managing access is limited to the /apps/ folder any files outside of the apps folder will be skipped (e.g. roms, games, resources, etc.). Archives must include a boot.dol or boot.elf file in the app folder (but not both); other files and subfolders like meta/icon/etc. will get copied as well.
    • Examples: usbloader_gx.7z, yawmME.zip, anything.rar
  3. App Launcher (dol, elf); launch apps from your PC to your Wii via WiFi, no SD/USB required
    • Loads arguments from meta.xml and also allows users to add/remove arguments
    • Examples: boot.dol, boot.elf, anything.dol, anything.elf
  4. WAD Sender (WAD, folder of WADs); install WADs <8MB from your PC to your Wii via WiFi, no SD/USB required
    • Examples: anything.wad, or any folder containing WADs
    • Sharpii (and WadInstaller.dll) by person66 is now bundled with ModMii to enable this feature
  5. WAD Modifier (WAD); Modify Channel attributes (Title, Title ID, IOS, DOL, Fakesign) or IOSs attributes (Patches, Slot, Version)
    • Examples: anything.wad
  6. WAD Unpacker (WAD, folder of WADs); unpack WADs
    • Examples: anything.wad, or any folder containing WADs
  7. WAD Packer (unpacked WAD folder or component file - app, cert, footer, tik, tmd); repack WAD
    • Examples: Any_Unpacked_WAD_Folder, or any file inside an unpacked WAD folder (e.g. 00000000.app, cert, footer, tik, tmd)
  8. CSM Theme Builder (mym, csm, folder of myms, folder of csms); Create csm files to install Wii themes using MyMenuifyMod
    • Examples: DarkWii_Purple.mym, Random_Theme_4.1U.csm, MYM_Folder, CSM_Folder
  9. SysCheck Updater (SysCheck.csv); update only your outdated softmods
    • Old/existing feature listed for completeness
    • Examples: SysCheck.csv, or any csv that was created by SysCheck and renamed
  10. App Updater & File Cleanup (SD/USB Drives or Folders); Update Apps and/or remove un-needed files
    • App Updater is a new feature, described later in changelog
    • File Cleanup is an old/existing feature listed for completeness
    • Examples: W:, X:, COPY_TO_SD, COPY_TO_USB
  11. Emulated Nand Modifer (EmuNand Folder); Edit an Emulated NAND
    • Examples: pl_us, or any folder containing an Emulated NAND System Menu; i.e. /title/00000001/00000002/content/title.tmd
  12. Load Download Queue (ModMii_Download_Queue.bat); Load a ModMii Download Queue
    • Examples: ModMii_Download_Queue.bat, or any download queue that was created by ModMii
  13. Load Wizard Settings (Wizard_Settings.bat); Load Saved ModMii Wizard Settings from previous session
    • Examples: Wizard_Settings.bat, or any Wizard_Settings.bat that was created by ModMii and renamed
  14. Calculate Hashes (everything else); Calculate file hashes using HashMyFiles
    • Examples: anything.doc, ., New_Folder, any file or folder not mentioned above

Wizards & Guides:​

• New recommended cIOS configuration. Changes have been agreed and coordinated with wii.guide. A brief rationale for each recommended cIOS provided below:
    • Slot 248 base 38: only bases 38 & 58 can play SpongeBob's Boating Bash, and only 38 has USB keyboard support for Animal Crossing
    • Slot 249 base 56: plays majority of games and a few that base 57 cannot; preferred for slot 249 to avoid unnecessary IOS reloads under USB Loader GX's Auto IOS setting
    • Slot 250 base 57: plays majority of games and a few that base 56 cannot
    • Slot 251 base 58: only bases 38 & 58 can play SpongeBob's Boating Bash, and only 58 supports the LAN adapter
  • All wizards now use YAWM ModMii Edition (yawmME) instead of MMM and Some YAWMM Mod. Now all functions support Wii motion+ remotes and/or do not require manually changing SD:/boot.elf/dol in between guide steps.
  • Guides will have users install Priiloader before installing WADs even if a new System Menu is being installed since yawmME is able to retain Priiloader installations. The only exception is in SysCheck Updater guides where a custom system menu version is detected or the HBC IOS (IOS58) is missing/patched, as the Priiloader Installer will refuse to run without a clean HBC IOS and system menu version.
  • Removed step to reinstall the HBC with the HackMii Installer to use IOS58 (where it was included). This step is no longer necessary as the HBC is now updated as part of the Install WADs step.
  • Relevant guides now include a section on checking the Hard drive partition style and converting from GPT to MBR if applicable.
  • Wizards no longer ask users to select a USB format type (e.g. FAT32, NTFS, etc.). Instead, applicable guides include all format options in spoilers along with pros and cons for each.
    • In addition to FAT32 (default/recommended), NTFS and FAT32+NTFS, directions for two new format types have been added: WBFS and FAT32+WBFS.
  • Partition style and format type information is included in guides for devices that were connected when the guide was generated.
  • Nkit Processing App, GameCube Backup Manager and CleanRip are now also downloaded when setting up a USB-Loader and referenced in applicable guides.
  • System Menu 4.3 is now recommended instead of 4.1 if <=4.0. If starting on 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3 the recommendation is still not change System Menu versions. There is no benefit to 4.3 over 4.1, but some users feel strongly about seeing the latest number and their message has been heard.
  • Added IOS59 to active IOS download list for Japanese console only as it is a JPN exclusive IOS. ModMii Wizards will only direct Japanese consoles to install it.
  • All Youtube videos were either re-recorded or upscaled and a number of new videos were created to support guide changes (e.g. YAWM ModMii Edition).
  • Enhanced exploit descriptions to list supported firmwares and other requirements.
  • Updated DNS servers for str2hax exploit directions.
  • Wii Channels no longer supported by Nintendo (e.g. News, Wii Speak, etc.) have been removed from wizards (still available via ModMii's Download Pages). These channels can be brought back to life using the RiiConnect24 Patcher (now also available via ModMii's Download Pages).

SysCheck Updater:​

• SysCheck Updater will direct users to install a base 56 cIOS in slot 249 and base 57 in slot 250; previously both this and the reverse were considered acceptable. Base 56 is slightly preferred over base 57 for slot 249 to avoid unnecessary IOS reloads under USB Loader GX's Auto IOS setting. This change has also been coordinated with wii.guide.
  • d2x v10 beta 52 and v8-final are still considered equal to one another; however, both are considered inferior to v11 beta 1 by ModMii's SysCheck Updater even though the improvements can be argued as relatively minor.
  • Added optional step to carefully stub or erase unnecessary IOS slots that should be empty using stub IOS WADs. Stub IOS WADs are never built for critical or commonly used IOS slots (e.g. 80, 202, 222-224, 236, 240-256, etc).
  • Any version of the HBC equal to or greater than 1.1.2 is considered to be up to date.
  • Custom system menu versions (e.g. v65535) are now detected and users directed to install stock system menu versions. Custom system menu versions do not play nicely with Priiloader and/or system menu hacks.
  • Region mismatches are now detected (i.e. due to an incomplete region change) and users are advised to complete the Region Change Wizard to correct it before proceeding with the SysCheck Updater.
  • SysCheck Updater guides will now hide the last four digits of the console ID.

User Interface:​

• Slight changes to icons used by ModMii and the ModMii Installer. ModMii Skin icon is now a different colour.
  • Added new option to ModMii Skin to change its theme. Anyone at any time can create a new theme and submit it to XFlak to share with all users.
  • Default ModMii Skin theme changed to AuroraNemoia's Nebula theme. Original theme still available via ModMii Skin's theme selector option.
  • Added ModMii Launchpad Toolbar and ModMii Context Menu (Right-click) options; see Drag and Drop changes for more info.
  • Adjustments to main menu order and wording to be more clear and user friendly.

Downloads / App Updates:​

• Complete GUI redesign of ModMii Classic Download Pages (excluding Advanced Downloads Page).
    • GUI interface with helpful tool tips displayed when hovering your mouse over items.
  • (Re)introduced auto-updating and semi-auto-updating downloads to many Wii Apps and PC Programs that still frequently receive updates.
    • Added an option for Auto-Updating downloads to skip update check if previously downloaded and cached; disabled by default.
    • Downloads that are not auto-updating can now be refreshed during update checks without requiring a full ModMii update. Database (DB) version/date information is listed in guides as well as ModMii Classic's main menu.
  • Added support to create custom v14 SD/USB Forwarder dols; v12 still available just in case.
    • ModMii's USBLoader Forwarder channel was updated from v12 to v14. Also it now includes a forwarder dol to more easily autoboot this channel directly from Priiloader. ModMii guides provide general direction on how to install and autoboot files in Priiloader.
  • PC Program Start Menu shortcuts (optional) are now all organized in a ModMii Start Menu folder instead of a separate folder for each program.
  • If PC Programs are installed portably they will now be saved to Device:/Program Files/AppName instead of Device:/AppName.
  • Adjusted naming convention for advanced user defined downloads to support some Wii apps not directly used by ModMii (e.g. cIOS installers) that expect this naming format to work without WiFi (e.g. IOS56-64-v5661.wad instead of IOS56v5661.wad).
  • Bundled new download queue "d2x_installer_bases_38_56_57_58" that will save d2x base IOSs in the right locations for the d2x cIOS installer (Wii app) to be able to work offline. The d2x cIOS Installer is not used by ModMii as it's redundant, but should users prefer it, it is downloadable via the OSC or HBB.
  • Removed old/outdated Priiloader hacks.ini download, Dop-Mii, and WiiMod.
  • New Downloads:
    • PC Programs:
      • Open Shop Channel: auto-updating from oscwii.org
      • Dolphin (Wii Emulator): semi-auto-updated periodically but the app is able update itself
      • Nkit Processing App
      • GameCube Backup Manager: auto-updating from developer github
      • Ohneschwanzenegger (aka NUS NANDBuilder)
      • RiiConnect24 Patcher: auto-updating from developer github
      • ThemeMii Mod (Wii Theme Builder)
      • FileZilla (FTP Client): semi-auto-updated periodically but the app is able update itself
      • HxD Hex Editor: semi-auto-updated periodically but the app is able update itself
      • Diskitude (Disk Usage Analyzer): auto-updating from developer website
      • H2testw (SD Card and USB test tool)
      • HashMyFiles: auto-updating from developer github
    • Wii Apps:
      • ftpii (FTP Server for the Wii)
      • Not64 (N64 Emulator): auto-updating from oscwii.org
      • Homebrew Channel WAD (Open HBC v1.1.5 LULZ)
      • CleanRip
    • Exploit:
      • Twilight Hack Version 0.1beta2 [3.4 U/E/J]
        • Added for completeness in addition to Version 0.1beta1 [<3.4 U/E/J], not used in any guides/wizards
    • IOS:
      • IOS59 v9429
  • Updated Downloads:
    • YAWM ModMii Edition (aka: yawmME, Yet Another WAD Manager ModMii Edition) replaced Some YAWMM Mod on ModMii's Download Page 2. yawmME has many improvements over its predecessor, including the ability to retain Priiloader when installing a new System Menu, to launch apps, to temporarily disable region checks/protection to permit region changing, and more. Find the complete yawmME changelog on github for the complete list of changes.
    • SysCheck ModMii Edition (aka: SysCheck ME) replaced SysCheck HDE on ModMii's Download Page 2. Notably, with this update SysCheck.csv logs can also be saved to USB Hard Drives in addition to SD Cards.
    • d2x cIOS default updated to v11 beta 1
      • More d2x cIOS versions have been added to the options (e.g. v11-beta1-fakemote0.5.0 for DualShock3/4 USB controller support); new additions were released prior to this update.
    • WiiFlow: auto-updating from oscwii.org
    • USB Loader GX: auto-updating from oscwii.org
    • Nintendont: auto-updating from oscwii.org
    • Priiloader: still v0.9.1 but will be semi-auto-updated periodically when deemed appropriate by XFlak
      • Updated Priiloader hacks_hash.ini with additional system menu hacks such as: Remove Deflicker, Block Disc Autoboot, Allow TitleID RAAE/408x/410x, Remove IOS16 Disc Error, and Mark Network Con as Tested. Notably the Remove Deflicker system menu hack disables the blurring filter on 480i and 480p originally meant to prevent "flickering" on CRTs in interlaced modes. Download was refreshed silently before this ModMii update.
    • Homebrew Browser: auto-updating from oscwii.org
    • WiiMC changed to SuperrSonic Edition: auto-updating from oscwii.org
    • FCEUGX (NES Emulator): auto-updating from oscwii.org
    • SNEX9xGX (SNES Emulator): auto-updating from oscwii.org
    • Visual Boy Advance GX (GBA/Game Boy Color/Game Boy Emulator): auto-updating from oscwii.org
    • Wii64 (N64 Emulator): auto-updating from oscwii.org
      • Updated to WiiFlow Compatibility MOD by saulfabreg which has the ability to autolaunch ROMs via arguments, via meta.xml or WiiFlow
    • WiiSX changed to WiiSXRX (PS1 Emulator): auto-updating from oscwii.org
    • SaveGame Manager GX: auto-updating from oscwii.org
    • WiiXplorer: auto-updating from oscwii.org
    • Cheat Codes (auto-updating) now downloaded in a single archive instead of individually and is much faster. The archive is updated periodically with new cheats from both codes.rc24.xyz and gamehacking.org.
      • Old/slower Cheat Codes downloader is still accessible via ModMii's bundled download queue "CheatCodes_For_AccioHacks". Use this only if you require cheat codes to be named in AccioHacks compatible format. The old downloader is faster than it was in v6.6.3 but still time consuming.
    • Any Region Changer ModMii Edition (ARCME) updated to v1.0.6. Download was refreshed silently before this ModMii update.
    • MyMenuifyMod updated to v2.0.
    • NeoGamma updated to R9 beta 56 MOD r4
    • ShowMiiWads updated to v1.5.2 mod
    • postLoader updated to v4.7.96
    • Updated graphics for the following channels/WADs: postLoader, neek2o (nswitch), WiiFlow and switch2uneek.
    • Simple IOS Patcher and IOS236 Installer were updated with a new NUS endpoint; from http://nus.cdn.shop.wii.com/ccs/download to http://ccs.cdn.sho.rc24.xyz/ccs/download
    • Slight change to patched system menu IOSs based on IOS60. TMD was updated at offset 0x3E2 from 0x0001 to 0x8001 to indicate shared content in order to save nand space when multiple IOSs with same content are installed. No functional difference other than saving nand space.
    • All CSM themes from ModMii's Download Page 3 are now signed to avoid unnecessary warning prompts when being installed by MyMenuifyMod after its 2023 update.

Other:​

• A custom uninstaller is now bundled with ModMii allowing you to uninstall some or all of ModMii's components (e.g. you can uninstall Wii Backup Manager while retaining ModMii, or vice versa, etc.).
  • App Updater: new feature added to File Cleanup function on main menu. Users now prompted if they want to check for updates to auto-updating apps detected on the device (excluding Dolphin and OSC), or to delete unnecessary files, or both. Latest versions will be retrieved even if the option to skip update check for Auto-Updating downloads is enabled. All actions continue to be listed onscreen for users to confirm before proceeding with changes.
  • File Cleanup function updated to check for a few more apps to remove (e.g. HBB) and if a bootmii folder is detected it will be renamed to bootmii_off to prevent it from being accessed.
  • Updated bundled version of NUS Downloader Command Line from v0.2 to v0.6. The old NUSD did not perfectly create TMDs. Imperfect TMDs were not generally problematic and have been used without issues for many years. However, the new YAWM ModMii Edition will prevent installation of any WAD that is not perfect for security reasons. As a result, many of the WADs in ModMii's temp folder from older versions will be deemed invalid going forward and will be automatically re-downloaded. To correct the files in your temp folder all at once, download the items from the bundled "NUS_2023_Changes" download queue.
  • When loading a download queue via ModMii Classic a saved queue can now be deleted by entering a minus sign in front of the number (e.g. entering -1 will delete queue # 1). Previously queues could only be deleted by manually removing them from the temp/DownloadQueues folders.
  • The Open Homebrew Channel can be installed to emulated NANDs using ModMii's Emulated NAND Builder or Modifier.
  • Removed option to keep a patched IOS36.
  • Added red font.bin option for SNEEK/UNEEK in addition to black (default) and white. Also clarified font.bin descriptions: White text on Black background (formerly black), Black text on White background (formerly white) and Red text on Black background.
  • ModMii verbose option adjusted; now only impacts ModMii Skin and nandBinCheck but not wget (i.e. wget will always start minimized). Option can now also be toggled within ModMii Skin.
  • Minor changes to the ModMii Installer. ModMii Classic will be launched instead of ModMii Skin after installation. Added Start Menu shortcuts to website and ModMii installation directory. Updated graphics to match the new default ModMii Skin theme.
  • Updated .NET Framework 3.5 installer for newer versions of Windows; only downloaded if detected as missing.
  • Improved support for custom paths with special characters like & and ^.
  • ModMii will now work even if run from a network location without an assigned drive letter. The location will be temporarily mapped to a new drive letter which will get removed when ModMii is cleanly exited. Note that if ModMii is forcefully closed the new mapped drive will not get removed automatically, and if done repeatedly it could result in duplicate mapped drive letters. Habitually running ModMii from a network location is not advised.
  • Added some more Easter Eggs to ModMii Classic. Happy hunting!
  • Other minor changes.

Bugfix:​

• Fixed bug in ModMii Skin where downloads would fail if the download path was set to the root of a drive. ModMii Classic never had this issue.
  • Updated supporting apps (nusd v0.2, nusfilegrabber and libwiisharp) with new NUS endpoint used by 3ds and WiiU so they could continue to retrieve Wii files when NUS was offline from 2022/3/16 to 2022/7/6. Autopatcher previously released to hotfix this for older versions of ModMii.
  • Fixed bug where ModMii Skin would fail if entering S to skip entering a Mac Address for Wilbrand (i.e. to use Letterbomb).
  • Fixed issue where ModMii Skin was sending a blank "MAC:" argument command to ModMii Classic when a <2.2 system menu version was selected. MAC only required if using the Wilbrand exploit on 4.3.
  • If an invalid neek "Rev:#" command line argument is sent to ModMii it will now build the latest version instead of exiting.
  • Fixed detection of nswitch channel on emulated nands when running ModMii's EmuNAND modifier.
  • Updated various dead links, including link for hypatia. Previously users without hypatia (hy.exe) cached to their temp folder would be warned about lack of free space when using ModMii's Game Bulk Extractor. ModMii allowed users to continue anyway but now free space estimates are working again.
  • font.bin now also included when building non +di variants of neek2o in order to access the overlay menu. Previously only included for +di variants.
  • Fixed bug when dragging and dropping a HDD or SD device onto ModMii to quickly access its File Cleanup feature.
  • Fixed bug in v12 forwarder dol builder that limited path length to 204 characters instead of 255.
  • Fixed issue where SysCheck guides did not include a copy of the supplied SysCheck if the download location was set as an absolute path and not a relative path.
  • Fixed bug in ModMii's d2x option where users could choose from just 10 d2x versions instead of full list of alternate d2x versions.
  • Fixed a bug where the Wii might self-destruct in 2023 according to some news outlets.

Last edited by XFlak,

fenixreign

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@XFlak First, thank you for the tool. It absolutely makes home brewing easier. Secondly, I believe that you might want to update the source for CompleteMii (CompareMii? The one that was previously on v. 3.11 and whose author also has TransferMii). When ModMii tried to dl it, it failed. I looked up the tool name and found that it is now hosted only at a GitHub repo instead of the Google Code repo previously. GitHub also has it’s version updated to 3.11.1, though the changelog states it is only to differentiate for the new host.

Sorry for the lack of certainty. I actually wrote this post two nights ago with links included, but as a new member here at GBATemp, the system obliterated it because I am not permitted to include links.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
update the source for CompleteMii
ModMii doesn't download this.... Not sure what you're referring to

And if you meant customize mii, this is where modmii currently gets it from
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/modmii/modmii.github.io/master/temp/CustomizeMii 3.11.rar

Edit: I found what you were talking about, https://github.com/Brawl345/customizemii/releases/tag/3.11.1

I've asked Brawl345 via PM to tell me what changed if there's any benefit over 3.11, the release notes don't really say anything. Thx for reporting, I'll investigate

Edit2: you say the download failed? Can you look again closely as it's running and tell me if it fails to download unrar got u for some reason?

Last edited by XFlak,

fenixreign

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if you meant customize mii

Yes, CustomizeMii. Like I said I found the issue a couple nights ago and was rewriting the post from memory. Sorry about that.

Edit2: you say the download failed? Can you look again closely as it's running and tell me if it fails to download unrar got u for some reason?

The in-progress message (in yellow text) is “The file is missing, retrying download.” After completing it retry attempt(s), the message (in red text) is “Missing *1 of 1 file(s) are Invalid, Missing or were Not Updated properly.”

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    She said see ya later boy lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    something something boomer and r/im14andthisisdeep "ThAt'S tHe UnFoRtUnAtE sTaTe Of OuR mOdErN sOcIeTy"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: except they'd criticize you for having a phone in the first place lmao