Best Switch Controller/Dpad For Fighting Fames

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Zeldalife89, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:24 PM.

1. Zeldalife89
    OP

Zeldalife89 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hey guys

I need some help on deciding which controller to get for fighting games mainly ultra sf2,pokken tournament,and future smash bros and others..
    I found 2 of them but im not sure which dpad is the best maybe some of you can look and help me decide?
    Anyway theres the Hori Pokken Tournament DX Gamepad.
    And PowerA Wired Plus Controller for switch seems to have a nice dpad?
    Which one of these 2 would benefit me the most in fighting games?

https://www.amazon.com/Wired-Controller-Plus-Super-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B075DNGDWM

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Tournament-Controller-Officially-Licensed-Pokemon/dp/B01A6LEXFK

Pro controller is too pricey so not that one.

2. delta nite

delta nite Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2010
    United States
    I don't own any of those but I guess for 2D fighters the Pokken one must be the best since it is the same one used in the arcade cabinets. The game was probably designed with it in mind. Not very functional for other games that need ZL and ZR though.
    Even though I own an 8bitdo NES30 Pro I don't recommend it due to its smaller form factor and less then ideal D-Pad. Its good for platformers and the such but not accurate enough for competitive fighting games. Maybe the new SNES version will be better.
    If you're on 4.0.0+ you can always trust a Gamecube controller for Smash. Get the old Mayflash/Nintendo adapters before Smash is announced and they spike in price.

3. Zeldalife89
    OP

Zeldalife89 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2016
    Netherlands
    Currently im still on 3.1 i believe? Its because in getting a different Isp provider and it wont be installed untill dec 4 :( So im stuck to using my phones MBs as internet for now..Just few more weeks anyway

But you think the hori one Dpad is the best? Does ultra SF use zl zr? I dont remember i dont think so right?