Hacking Best place to buy gateway 3ds flash card from?

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title says where is the best place to buy a gateway 3ds flash card from? I'm from the US. I mean most reliable(no fake flash card) and fastest shipping?

XiTaU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if u want paypal bestr4i3ds is also good if not any of the official resellers should do the job.

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know they were all official I thought it was just sites that sell them if that makes sense?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also ordered mine from realhotstuff. Device still works with no issues and shipping wasn't too bad if i remember correctly.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 realhotstuff.com Bought by GBA flash cart from them in '07. Bought my Gateway from them this year.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I can vouch for realhotstuff.com.
I got my DSTwo and my EZFlashIV and my Gateway all at different times. Fast shipping and genuine product.

EMegamanu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys.

I have some trouble with one of Gateway official resellers. Even if I already ordered one time in July and that went perfect, this time this is like hell.

• I ordered the 10th september, my card was debited... but no news. The product was in stock, and the announced shipment delay was 3-7 days.
  • 17th september, I emailed them to ask why an "in stock" product was not send. They promptly replied that was because the furnisher can not keep up with demand but they will receive pieces and send my order at the end of week. Wuuh? I gave them 48h to ship, or I cancel my order.
  • 20th september, still no news. I emailed them to cancel my order, but no news...
  • 20th, 21th, 22th i emailed them again, reminded them their own Terms and Law. No news, except the same laconic email about new stock at the end of week. Really again? I think I will file a complaint tomorrow...
Meanwhile I ordered an other Gateway to an other official reseller... and I received very quickly a tracking number.

Who is this indelicate official seller? This is Chipdiscount, trade name for Eric LELEU business.

• This company has other mirror sites like Siliteo, R4Menu, and LinkerDSI.
  • All these websites, even if they are listed as trusted resellers, are known to sometime sell without having really the products in stock and to not answer emails.
  • The main target is France and Spain, more widely Europe and World.
And I believe strongly the two fake french Gateway website gateway-3ds.fr and gateway3ds.fr are production of this company. The two websites reference only its own mirror stores as official resellers...

Now, I want them to take into consideration my order cancellation and take back all my money. But I think that will be really hard.

GBATempers, you are all warned now. Beware of this official reseller!

Reactions: GaaraPrime

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, acutally gonna be getting a gateway in the next week waiting for a check to cash, but I see gateway is up to 3.0 is the process the same as before for the 3ds? I saw something about using OOT? Can some specify.

Also I am on 9.5 and I have the flame red smaller version of the 3ds the smaller one that came on launch when the 3ds first launched.
Would this guide work?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-downgrading.378195/

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use GW, your FW has to be 9.2 or lower. Since you are on 9.5 you cannot use the downgrader either.

Get a Sky3DS or a 3DS on compatible FW.

Shoot alright, question not sure if you can answer it can Sky3DS play all current games just like gateway?

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3DS emulates a "real" cart. I don't have a Sky (I have a GW and all 3 of my 3DS's are on compatible FW's), but AFAIK it plays everything just fine. But because it emulates a legit cart it cannot do the things GW can (i.e. region free, homebrew, install cia's, emuNAND, etc). It is, OTOH, a plug and play device, there is no setup or or exploit to trigger like the GW.

Cha0tic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3DS emulates a "real" cart. I don't have a Sky (I have a GW and all 3 of my 3DS's are on compatible FW's), but AFAIK it plays everything just fine. But because it emulates a legit cart it cannot do the things GW can (i.e. region free, homebrew, install cia's, emuNAND, etc). It is, OTOH, a plug and play device, there is no setup or or exploit to trigger like the GW.

Damn, a big reason I would a GW is to play a game from another region. Bought my current 3ds for $100 and updated it like a dummy a couple months ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...