Hacking Best flashcart for a used ds lite

Vianen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi everyone, I´m planning to buy a second-hand ds lite, not a dsi or a 3ds, just the plain old lite. And i have some options for cards: a classic r4, an aceckard2i and one R4sdhc with dual core (the seller of this one says it´s compatible up to the 1.4.4), I´m doubtful wich one of these will give me less trouble since i only want to play the latest stuff compatible with the device, i dont mind an outdated cart as long as it gets the job done ... and buying a card outside might be a problem with the bitchy customs of my country...Thanks in advance!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
R4. Probably a cheap clone and maybe not the best build quality. If not it should have Wood and be compatible with everything though lacking nice features beyond cheats and soft reset (the main two everybody wants though). Also will only go up to 2 gigs.

AK2i. Though not immune to build quality concerns there are worse. Also lacks the most features though its cheat engine and soft reset are some of the best. Will support microSDHC and so up to 32 gigs. Technically has not been updated in a while but will play practically everything out there, most of the stuff it will not play are actual shovelware and some games aimed at kids.

Anything with R4 in the name that is not an R4 is not likely to be great, give or take maybe the R4i gold people like for the 3ds. Dual core means nothing other than maybe being able to hunt down a site for it. Probably a gamble but if it is less than the AK2i it will probably play all the same games, certainly enough to do justice to the DS library.

All of them should be very cheap, online and at current exchange rates it seems you can probably get change from 130 pesos for the AK2i. It will probably be more in country though, such things usually are. Whether they are as reliable as the likes of a

As for customs is it just the normal hassle associated with importing into Argentina or do they actually care about flash carts? I imagine it is the former but I have been surprised in the past.

Vianen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
R4. Probably a cheap clone and maybe not the best build quality. If not it should have Wood and be compatible with everything though lacking nice features beyond cheats and soft reset (the main two everybody wants though). Also will only go up to 2 gigs.

AK2i. Though not immune to build quality concerns there are worse. Also lacks the most features though its cheat engine and soft reset are some of the best. Will support microSDHC and so up to 32 gigs. Technically has not been updated in a while but will play practically everything out there, most of the stuff it will not play are actual shovelware and some games aimed at kids.

Anything with R4 in the name that is not an R4 is not likely to be great, give or take maybe the R4i gold people like for the 3ds. Dual core means nothing other than maybe being able to hunt down a site for it. Probably a gamble but if it is less than the AK2i it will probably play all the same games, certainly enough to do justice to the DS library.

All of them should be very cheap, online and at current exchange rates it seems you can probably get change from 130 pesos for the AK2i. It will probably be more in country though, such things usually are. Whether they are as reliable as the likes of a

As for customs is it just the normal hassle associated with importing into Argentina or do they actually care about flash carts? I imagine it is the former but I have been surprised in the past.

To be fair, they will only retain a package if the order surpasses the 25USD shipping included, but anything with the word "China" on it will be retained for sure, then i will have to go to the offices in the capital (not a short trip in my case) and then pay 50% of the value of the article to retrieve it, not a disgrace, but still a mayor annoyance, these guys are paranoids.

As for the prices you are right, it should cost me 130 pesos, 150 if i get it locally, porbably the safer bet sice they will make me pay the bill in dollars.

Thaks for the response!

Vianen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
if all you want is playing nds games or homebrew,then suggested you buy r4i gold 3ds, this is the best r4 card,uses famous wood firmware,with a regular updating and top game compatibility, got my r4i gold from a usa based store modchipfactory.com, arrived my NY house within 3 days, if you need,you can give it a shot, or you can go to shop temp to find many stores.

Interesting, do these guys accept paypal under the table?

T

the_raging_snorlax

Far as i knew, paypal dont allow selling flashcart.
If you message some flash cart sellers they will accept PayPal. They will give you a payment request with a message along the lines of "as discussed in emails" and will warn you not to mention the flash cart on PayPal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1