Hardware Best controller for all games?

GamerFreak29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, this is my first time posting on GBAtemp although I have used this site in the past to get help by reading other posts. I am going to be picking up a Wii U soon since they're dirt cheap now that the switch is out... Since I will be modding the wii u and using it for gamecube, wii, and ofcourse wii u games. I was hoping I could get 1 controller that would work for all of them. Wii games aren't that important to me however so I would mainly use it for gamecube and wii u. With this in mind I initially thought that a pro controller would work, however it doesn't have analog triggers and so it wouldn't work with mario sunshine :C I'm not sure if the PDP Fight Pad has analog triggers but if it does than I will most likely go with that one, so if anybody here knows please let me know! Otherwise if you know of other controllers that work please suggest them to me! :) I know I could get the mayflash adapter and an offical GC controller but from what I've heard I can only use that for SB4 on wii u and I would like to use the controller I choose for wii u and GC. Thanks everyone! Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello, this is my first time posting on GBAtemp although I have used this site in the past to get help by reading other posts. I am going to be picking up a Wii U soon since they're dirt cheap now that the switch is out... Since I will be modding the wii u and using it for gamecube, wii, and ofcourse wii u games. I was hoping I could get 1 controller that would work for all of them. Wii games aren't that important to me however so I would mainly use it for gamecube and wii u. With this in mind I initially thought that a pro controller would work, however it doesn't have analog triggers and so it wouldn't work with mario sunshine :C I'm not sure if the PDP Fight Pad has analog triggers but if it does than I will most likely go with that one, so if anybody here knows please let me know! Otherwise if you know of other controllers that work please suggest them to me! :) I know I could get the mayflash adapter and an offical GC controller but from what I've heard I can only use that for SB4 on wii u and I would like to use the controller I choose for wii u and GC. Thanks everyone! Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section!
You could get a GC controller and a GC to Classic Controller adapter.
Also, the official GC adapter works with GC games in Nintendont and can be used in Wii U games that use the gamepad through HID to VPAD but only as player 1.
Or you can get an original Classic Controller.
I'm afraid there aren't a lot of other options since most controllers don't have analog triggers.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: GamerFreak29

GamerFreak29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys! Do you know if the PDP controller has analog triggers? I'm not fussy with controller layout but I would like to have analog triggers, if it doesn't I'll just do what The Real Jdbye suggested

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
I use the Hori controller, I had some input lag with the gamecube controller but I suspect I had a non-official GC to classic adapter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0