Hacking Been away for a while...

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.) You can use the Gatewait exploit but yes, it will mean that you have to wipe Ninjhax first (why didn't GW just make a .3dsx? Idiots... They don't know what customers want).
2.) For Homebrew, if there's a .cia version available, you can install it on GW emuNAND (I think playcoin is in .cia, you're in luck).
3.) Second question answers that - you don't need HB channel if you can install a .cia.

Thanks!!

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2) Homebrew channel works with a ROM of CN as well as a real CN, so right now you can get homebrew channel with either one (up until you upgrade the EmuNAND, but that's not possible now anyway). Furthermore, using the actual CN cart for homebrew channel, rather than a ROM, is a pain because you need to keep installing the other exploit on your CN--you can't install them both at the same time.

To clarify:
ninjhax doesn't work in GW mode with emuNAND so the OP would need to clear the save on the physical cart every time they wanted to switch between using the GW and HBM, not use emuNAND (bad idea), or swap microSDs every time between one with and one without emuNAND (PITA).

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, ninjhax works in GW mode with EmuNAND. The problem is that it still only works in the firmware versions that allow ninjhax. If you're buying a new Gateway now, your EmuNAND will be the same as your machine, so it will be 9.2 or less and ninjhax will work. But if it ever becomes possible to update your EmuNAND, and you update it to 9.7, it will not work because ninjhax won't work on 9.7.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. I have seen it said by multiple sources (without the <=9.2) so I thought it was n. version would work. I think anyone that wants to use HBM from inside GW mode would use the 3ds/CIA anyway.

Kibido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, I'm back. Has the situation changed? Can I use my Gateway cards on my New 3DS? If it's possible, could you link me a tutorial? Thanks.

FrankVVV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would also like to know this. I got a Gateway card and a N3DS with firmware 9.0E. Do I need to buy Cubic Ninja for it to be usable (I found it for 40 euros used)? Or not? Will there be a solution for the Gateway card so that with don't need to get Cubic Ninja or the Zelda game?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CN or OoT are the only ways to boot GW on 9.0 N3DS (until you downgrade MSET for the profile exploit). Get CN for the cheaper way and better exploit options.

FrankVVV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Is it possible to use a SKY3DS with Cubic Ninja rom instead of a Cubic Ninja card? Because at the prices that game goes for now, I'm thinking of getting a Sky3DS that I can also use on my second 3DS.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
CN or OoT are the only ways to boot GW on 9.0 N3DS (until you downgrade MSET for the profile exploit). Get CN for the cheaper way and better exploit options.
Cubic Ninja is better but not cheaper than Zelda. $55 vs $46 on Amazon currently.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you please explain this in more detail? Thank you.

You can downgrade the Settings app to re-allow the DS Profile exploit. After that you don't need to use CN or OoT to boot up anymore. See parts 1 and 2 of this guide for how the DS Profile exploit works.

Cubic Ninja is better but not cheaper than Zelda. $55 vs $46 on Amazon currently.

It kind of depends on the places you look and your timing. In a brick and mortar store (if you are lucky enough to find either) it is much more likely to find OoT at a way more jacked up price. On eBay, they are pretty equal overall but there are a few real cheap CN cart-only auctions currently. The cheapest of each title I can find is what I go by and not the typical cost of each.

Last edited by cracker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf