Bayonetta 1 & 2 to be de-listed from the JP and EU Nintendo Wii U eShop next week

s-l300.jpg

For those that still play games on the Wii U, it's time for the last call on Bayonetta 1 and 2, in certain regions. Nintendo has announced that on September 18th, the Nintendo eShop will de-list both Bayonetta games for Japanese and European users. No word was given on if the North American version of the game would face the same fate. As is standard with de-listed digital games, so long as you own the title prior to removal, you'll always be able to redownload it and play it, but this is your last chance if you want to legitimately own both titles digitally. Of course, you could always just play them on the Nintendo Switch, as well.

Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 for Wii U will no longer be available to purchase on Nintendo eShop from 23:59 CEST on September 18th, 2019.

:arrow: Source

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got these on disc. Is the frame rate really a reason to get 2 on Switch?
As far as I'm aware, it seems 2 drops a lot of frames and stays around the 50s a lot of the time. Switch is 1080/60 if I'm not mistaken. You could look at a Digital Foundry comparison video for more info.

Bayonetta 1 is actually a triple buffered vSync game on Wii U, which means the game doesn't drop frames or cuts them in half in order to mantain the speed, but rather it slows down - which sucks as this is a timing-based combo game. It's not that bad at the beginning but some latter areas and endgame can be downright horrible. The scryscaper level and drowning blimp are a downright tragedy. It's a shame they didn't double buffer instead. It's 1080/60 locked on Switch as far as I'm aware, and the best console version alongside the original 360 version played on a Xbox One X.

Edit: my bad, it's only 720p on Switch! Wtf!

Last edited by YukidaruPunch,
Reactions: Keir

Vivisector

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean there are physical copies and its on Switch now too so this isn't a HUGE loss, just another step in the eventual shutdown of the WiiU. Anyone placing bets on how much more time the eShop has?

Keir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I'm aware, it seems 2 drops a lot of frames and stays around the 50s a lot of the time. Switch is 1080/60 if I'm not mistaken. You could look at a Digital Foundry comparison video for more info.

Bayonetta 1 is actually a triple buffered vSync game on Wii U, which means the game doesn't drop frames or cuts them in half in order to mantain the speed, but rather it slows down - which sucks as this is a timing-based combo game. It's not that bad at the beginning but some latter areas and endgame can be downright horrible. The scryscaper level and drowning blimp are a downright tragedy. It's a shame they didn't double buffer instead. It's 1080/60 locked on Switch as far as I'm aware, and the best console version alongside the original 360 version played on a Xbox One X.

Edit: my bad, it's only 720p on Switch! Wtf!

Interesting. Sounds like the PC version might be the way to go for the first game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: