Not open for further replies.

SpectralSounds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the CycloDS, but it seems like at least 80% of the time I try and check their site, it is down. Now it is displaying a Bandwith Exceeded message. What the hell kind of business are they running over there?

I like their product, but its pretty embarassing that they can't even keep their site up. I mean, a little downtime is one thing... but their site almost never seems to be up. What is their problem?

It just worries me a bit is all. If they can't even keep a website up, how can I trust them to keep updating this card? How can I recommend this product to somebody if I think that the company that makes CycloDS will just up and vanish?

Sorry about the rant.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calm down, just because their site is down doesnt mean they arent relaible. Now I have just learned about the CycloDS about a week or 2 ago so I havnt noticed the site being down alot but its not really a big deal. Just bandwith problems. Happens to alot of sites all the time. Nothing to be worried about.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As an example, now and then I can't access the Supercard site, but that haven't made them any less reliable. These things just happens from time to time, I'm sure the site will be back soon.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpectralSounds said:
CheatingSoi said:
bandwith problems. Happens to alot of sites all the time. Nothing to be worried about.

What reputable businesses have websites that are down all the time? I don't know of one.

I didnt mean it happens to one site in paticular all the time, I just ment it happens to all sites.

SpectralSounds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyperlisk_ said:
Maybe they just don't want to pay hundreds of dollars a month for dedicated servers.

I guess I'm just too old (or something) to understand this kind of logic. Everyone on this thread so far has sympathized with the Cyclo team for having a website that is down more than it is up. I even have Hyperlisk defending the fact that the Cyclops company doesnt want to pay to have reliable webhosting.

/facepalm

How often is GBAtemp.net down? Its up every time I come here. Would you continue to come to this site if it was down as much as it was up? Personally, I would move to a site that could actually stay up.

Regardless, I do like the CycloDS a lot. I just hope it keeps receiving updates.

mekaone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Say they do upgrade there web site so that doesn't happen. Who pays for it?????? I think we do. Do you want to pay any more for the CycloDS? I don't! As long as I can get my firmware and other updates I'll be happy. Don't get me wrong because I don't want the site down when I need to use it but it is something that happens to most all web sites. Also, you can get most updates and info from places like http://gbatemp.net and others.

SpectralSounds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you just extend that line of thinking to firmware updates.

It sounds something like this:

"Say they do upgrade their firmware so that error doesn't happen. Who pays for it?????? I think we do. Do you want to pay any more for the CycloDS? I don't!"

If they are so strapped for cash as a company that they cannot afford to keep their website up, what makes you think they will continue to update their product? Why pay for developers and coders? Obviously, cutting out that financial burden is the next step. You have to be tanking as a company to not afford a web host and a decent amount of bandwith.

It's amateur. Very amateur.

Obviously, none of you people who have responded see it as a problem though... so, lets forget I ever started this thread.

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah lets forget it seems you were looking for a fight.

I have never noticed the site go down as much as it has now. Maybe an attack by some person? Denial of service? The list is endless.

SpectralSounds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leavemealone347 said:
Yeah lets forget it seems you were looking for a fight.

I have never noticed the site go down as much as it has now. Maybe an attack by some person? Denial of service? The list is endless.

Looking for a fight? How so? By pointing out that this company can't keep their own website up?
Or do you believe that I was somehow attacking people here on these boards personally?

I could be condescending and start a "fight"... I could point out that you do not seem to have a clue what a Denial of Service attack is or does. I could also add that while you go through a list of endless possibilities to why their website is down... I have in fact discovered, due in large part to the plain english that is presented to me when I try and access their site, that it is down because they went over their bandwith.

SpectralSounds

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xblackoutx said:
Shut up you wiener. The site is hardly ever down. They had a problem for like a week a little while ago but now its fine. I am on it everyday and never any problems.

You go on believing you are accessing the same site I am talking about. You are confused. I believe you have their forum and their actual site mixed up. I don't know why I even need to explain something so simple. On their forums it is even talking about these issues.

If a mod reads this, can you please close this thread. Its quite obvious that it is headed into a dark place.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
uh oh what are the CycloDS asskissers gonna do for the time being? I guess they should go make love to their CycloDS until then
yaynds.gif

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c2ironfist said:
uh oh what are the CycloDS asskissers gonna do for the time being? I guess they should go make love to their CycloDS until then
yaynds.gif
Yeah I'll do that... all I was saying is that their site has not been down before this.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so funny how people are so quick to defend the companies that make flashcards through and through.

Having a site down is amateur no matter how you slice it. Bandwidth/site management/hosting is not that expensive.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
leavemealone347 said:
c2ironfist said:
yaynds.gif
Yeah I'll do that... all I was saying is that their site has not been down before this.

That comment wasn't directed at you at all. It was more of a general statement about CycloDS Fanboys. If you've browsed TC's forums you'll understand what I mean. Or you may not
rolleyes.gif

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
c2ironfist said:
leavemealone347 said:
c2ironfist said:
yaynds.gif

That comment wasn't directed at you at all. It was more of a general statement about CycloDS Fanboys. If you've browsed TC's forums you'll understand what I mean. Or you may not
rolleyes.gif
I do post there and it seems like that sometimes. You ask for a suggestion and they always call it stupid and that TC has a better thing to do... oh well. Guess they don't realize that that is how a product advances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone