Hacking Badge Arcade Region Ban Poll (022-2803)

What region is your banned 3DS?

• Total voters

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banned GW 10.4

Something to keep in mind is when you redownload your save from the Nintendo servers it comes corrupted (and then they fix it). I assume that has something to do with how they tracked us.

Not entirely sure what you mean. Are you saying the save we download when we sign in is corrupted? Because that doesn't make sense.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not entirely sure what you mean. Are you saying the save we download when we sign in is corrupted? Because that doesn't make sense.

Lets say you cheat with badge arcade, delete your exdata and the application and then redownload it from the eshop. When it redownloaded your save data the bunny would pop up and tell you it was corrupted and ask if you wanted to try and fix it. Then it would be fixed and you could enter the badge arcade. I'm saying if all badge arcade cheaters had corrupted save data from cheating then Nintendo prolly tracked it that way

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets say you cheat with badge arcade, delete your exdata and the application and then redownload it from the eshop. When it redownloaded your save data the bunny would pop up and tell you it was corrupted and ask if you wanted to try and fix it. Then it would be fixed and you could enter the badge arcade. I'm saying if all badge arcade cheaters had corrupted save data from cheating then Nintendo prolly tracked it that way

Yeah but that only happens when you delete the game and its save/extdata. It doesn't corrupt the data just because you cheated, otherwise we would have floods of people questioning the data corruption.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i wonder , what if someone delete the badge arcade exDATA ?
any brave soul ?

Been there done that, tried from eshop and manual cia install. Same error after it checks your nid. All information, included cheated badges is already saved server side

Yeah but that only happens when you delete the game and its save/extdata. It doesn't corrupt the data just because you cheated, otherwise we would have floods of people questioning the data corruption.

I'm saying the data that is sent back to the Nintendo servers when you cheat is corrupted. Keep in mind when you cheat the badge arcade the information is still saved server side

Last edited by marksteele,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I've been in discussion on Reddit with /u/Syntaxed about this, who is around here known as @ShadoV. Because he can't post his theory right now (they blocked the site), I'm posting it for him:
Thanks mate! I actually have a theory to share, if you want, you can copy it over. I cant go on gbatemp to post it right now, because the site is blocked and I will be getting home in a couple of hours. I have some experience as a former wow-botter.

My guess is, that they detect a "real persons behaviour". If you are lucky, you can get One or two free plays per day. I think they might have a trigger, if someone has more than 5 free plays on the same day, which is not possible without paying.

I would believe if you get free plays via the training machine, and use the NTR debugger to set these free plays to 2, then again to 2 to collect a set, that would be fine and fly under the radar.

It would be interesting to collect, how many badges the people were collecting on a single day.

I would suggest this template:

System-Version: Cfw: Yes/ No -> If yes, which one? GW: Yes / No approx. first time started Arcade: Last time used it before the ban: How many badges do you have: How many badges where you collecting per day: How high was the number of "attempts" (the number inside the crane) you usually use: Did you ever buy plays in Badge Arcade:

I think if people would answer this, it will be a great help to everyone. I am also courious if people have been banned only hacking the trainingmachine.

What are your thoughts so far?

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Badges badges everywhere.

In a single unedited practice run it's nigh impossible to get more than 5 free plays.
Even 5 free plays from practice is the sort of rare event that only occurs 5 times a year or so.

v1.3.0 has some issues with corruption of previous saves, half of Japan lost their saves so saves being detected as corrupt could be a red herring.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.3.0 has some issues with corruption of previous saves, half of Japan lost their saves so saves being detected as corrupt could be a red herring.

This is probably a valid point. I know I had like 196 badges in the collection one day, then the next i only had 178. For some reason the game did not recognize I had already collected several badges, despite the fact I could use said badges on my home menu.

juli299

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey all,

I just called Nintendo of Europe as I'm also banned on my o3DS (EUR) with sysNAND 9.2 emuNAND 10.3. I have to admit that I used the unlock code very excessively, but I'm not really angry as I knew a ban would come sooner or later.

I told them that I had a question regarding Nintendo Badge Arcade as I am receiving this error code since today. They asked me a number of questions to verify my identity, and then the man I was talking to had to have a short consultation with a colleague. After that he told me that it was in fact a ban and that my NNID was blocked for this game. I was asked if I could imagine a reason for this and if I purposely violated their terms of service, but I responded that I would use my 3DS with my siblings and that I really could not explain why :P I was then offered some more details that I will receive via email shortly (hopefully today). Unfortunately I forgot to ask how long this ban lasts! :( This is why I called again but the woman there said I would get another email from the man today or tomorrow and I could then ask my question as a reply. Well I will now just wait for the first email to arrive, if it does so within ~40 minutes and the man's name is in it I can call again and ask after him :)

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I just called Nintendo of Europe as I'm also banned on my o3DS (EUR) with sysNAND 9.2 emuNAND 10.3. I have to admit that I used the unlock code very excessively, but I'm not really angry as I knew a ban would come sooner or later.

I told them that I had a question regarding Nintendo Badge Arcade as I am receiving this error code since today. They asked me a number of questions to verify my identity, and then the man I was talking to had to have a short consultation with a colleague. After that he told me that it was in fact a ban and that my NNID was blocked for this game. I was asked if I could imagine a reason for this and if I purposely violated their terms of service, but I responded that I would use my 3DS with my siblings and that I really could not explain why :P I was then offered some more details that I will receive via email shortly (hopefully today). Unfortunately I forgot to ask how long this ban lasts! :( This is why I called again but the woman there said I would get another email from the man today or tomorrow and I could then ask my question as a reply. Well I will now just wait for the first email to arrive, if it does so within ~40 minutes and the man's name is in it I can call again and ask after him :)

Welp there it is folks.

Only question now is how far we can push the envelope without triggering the ban (my guess is if you do it you are fucked eventually)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I wonder if we have anyone who was able to access the game after the initial reports of 022-2803 came in that has since started receiving the error themselves.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey all,

Thanks for calling - now we know more. : )

Reactions: juli299

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I would say I wasn't banned...because I didn't install custom badges or cheat the app. I did install the app on emunand and use the 5 free plays. But badges never interested me enough to go out of my way to cheat it or install custom ones. :P

And now I'm glad I didn't mess with it. :P

Cheating Nintendo's micro transaction apps appears to be a sure fire way of getting banned, so let this be the lesson to the wise not to try this if they don't want to risk the ban. I don't even do silly things like putting gold pants on my Miis. Some things just seem to obvious a way of getting banned and this should have been one of them for some people. You get banned, that's your fault. :D

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: Deleted User

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hey all,

thanks , now we want to know if this a perma ban or for 1 month.

also , any one from US called?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
what the hell is this game... i'm staying away from it.
It is not a game, it is some kind of "DLC" that lets you put "badges" (read: 48x48 png images) on your HOME menu to customize it.
It would be a very good idea imo, if it wasn't one of those "to get every item you must pay what you just spent on your 3DS!" kind of addon.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head