Hacking Badge Arcade Region Ban Poll (022-2803)

What region is your banned 3DS?

• Total voters

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly no, are people getting these as well? I may be wrong in my assumption, 022-2803 is just what I've seen 99% of the time on forums.

There were a few reports at the start, around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, US time. Might have been maintenance related though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

btw, still no error code here.

Audioboxer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There were a few reports at the start, around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, US time. Might have been maintenance related though.

btw, still no error code here.

When did you buy your 3DS/when did you first login with your NNID? My recent speculation is trying to see if there is a pattern of older 3DS'/older NNID logins being done first? As I said earlier in this topic my 3DS is only weeks old/as is my NNID login obviously.

If I'm banned is that means I can't access any of the online services?

No, the badge arcade ban currently only affects it. If you cannot access eshop/online you have been banned for something else.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did you buy your 3DS/when did you first login with your NNID? My recent speculation is trying to see if there is a pattern of older 3DS'/older NNID logins being done first? As I said earlier in this topic my 3DS is only weeks old/as is my NNID login obviously.

No, the badge arcade ban currently only affects it. If you cannot access eshop/online you have been banned for something else.

My NNID was set up back in 2012 iirc. I've owned a 3ds with a NNID linked to it since before ALBW game out. My current system is a MM N3DS XL that I have owned since launch, and my NNID has been linked to that specific console since august or so iirc.

Audioboxer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If I'm banned is that means I can't access any of the online services?
My NNID was set up back in 2012 iirc. I've owned a 3ds with a NNID linked to it since before ALBW game out. My current system is a MM N3DS XL that I have owned since launch, and my NNID has been linked to that specific console since august or so iirc.

I wouldn't worry too much about when a NNID was created or past consoles, just the current console and when it was first logged into online (via NNID). However that is a fair amount of time ago, so probably busts my theory.

There may well be no pattern to Nintendo's madness. Might just be a blinfolded approach to hitting BAN on whoever.

Last edited by Audioboxer,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't worry too much about when a NNID was created or past consoles, just the current console and when it was first logged into online (via NNID). However that is a fair amount of time ago, so probably busts my theory.
If you give me a few, I can tell you exactly when I connected this console to my NNID, within 48 hours so so.

Reactions: Audioboxer

Audioboxer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you give me a few, I can tell you exactly when I connected this console to my NNID, within 48 hours so so.

Cool. I only thought it up because I know my console is only weeks old, and wanted to see if other survivors are new as well.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10/31/15 was when I performed the system transfer from my ALBW O3DS XL to my MM N3DS XL. I was part of the group that was testing the viability of using HANS to spoof the fw check to perform a system transfer on a 9.3+ sysnand.

Might be worth noting, however, that I did not start using the Badge Arcade until about a week ago. The day after Reinand updated to allow 9.6+ emunand.

Reactions: Audioboxer

Audioboxer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
10/31/15 was when I performed the system transfer from my ALBW O3DS XL to my MM N3DS XL. I was part of the group that was testing the viability of using HANS to spoof the fw check to perform a system transfer on a 9.3+ sysnand.

Might be worth noting, however, that I did not start using the Badge Arcade until about a week ago. The day after Reinand updated to allow 9.6+ emunand.

Fairly recently then! Your second point is worth noting and another hint at some sort of methodical approach surrounding time. I only started using badge arcade like a week ago tops. Instead of 3DS age/NNID login date, it could just be as simple as whoever has used badge arcade first. Would make sense their data would appear at the beginning of some big Nintendo ban *spreadsheet*.

Serial07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have the error code 022-2803 on my 3DSes.
All of them are on 10.3.0-28E, using rxTools and BootNTR. I've never tried GW cheats, 'cause I haven't got a GW card.

o3DS
sysNAND: downgraded to 9.2.0-20E (except one)
emuNAND: 10.3.0-28E and tried with 10.4.0-29E (rxTools)

EDIT: I used only the real machine NTR debugger cheats.

Last edited by Serial07,

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Has anybody been banned who ONLY gave themselves unlimited practice plays and used ONLY the plays they won from practice?

My theory is that you can do that safely without fear of ban, (unless Nintendo set a threshold that is impossible to cross for each machine individually. Example: There are only 5 practice badges in the machine which each require a drop of their own, with 5 practice drops you could win a maximum of 5 practice badges, you win 99 practice badges and flag yourself for ban)

Unlocking the machine always seemed like a great way to get yourself banned. Think about it: There is no record of you purchasing anything, you unlock the machine and win a bunch of badges, and as soon as you're done it immediately sends a record of you winning badges to Nintendo, an absolute IMPOSSIBILITY without the use of cheats.

I'm also shocked that 100% of people who were playing the JPN version of this game before being forced to start using the EUR/USA version aren't banned. Hell, I was shocked that going from the JPN to EUR/USA even worked in the first place. Literally every other game that has save data that is not EXACTLY what the game expects just informs you that the save data is corrupt and deletes it. Badge Arcade recognizes out-of-region save data and fixes it so that you can keep your badges rather than deleting them all and forcing you to start over with none. Maybe Nintendo was throwing everyone a bone, but outright fraud was crossing the line...

Speaking of which, if you're banned, does it delete your badges?

Last edited by chango,

Audioboxer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody been banned who ONLY gave themselves unlimited practice plays and used ONLY the plays they won from practice?

My theory is that you can do that safely without fear of ban, (unless Nintendo set a threshold that is impossible to cross for each machine individually. Example: There are only 5 practice badges in the machine which each require a drop of their own, with 5 practice drops you could win a maximum of 5 practice badges, you win 99 practice badges and flag yourself for ban)

Unlocking the machine always seemed like a great way to get yourself banned. Think about it: There is no record of you purchasing anything, you unlock the machine and win a bunch of badges, and as soon as you're done it immediately sends a record of you winning badges to Nintendo, an absolute IMPOSSIBILITY without the use of cheats.

Unfortunately the bans do not seem to be that specific. People with limited cheating are banned, whereas others with 1000's of free grabs are fine.

I now hinge my bet on what @Aroth suggested with it being whenever you first started using Badge Arcade on your NNID. If we can start to get some data on when banned users first tried Badge Arcade on their current NNID it would be good (disregard CFW/emunand/etc, just whenever you first tried badge arcade when linked to your NNID - on sysnand/emunand/whatever).

The first time you've used it is when your data collection with Nintendo will have started with the associated NNID. If we think of that as your timestamp, and Nintendo are banning in order, we'd expect all current bans to be from users who started BA for the first time the longest amount of time ago. Then all of those unbanned, should be very recent.

Me and @Aroth, both unbanned, only started BA within the last week for the first time. So far it fits, who is going to come along and shatter our newest theory first? lol

Last edited by Audioboxer,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
When you try to log in the game, you can see the system update number and the type of the band
And everything is being monitored by Nintendo.
If you are using GW , you will see GW 10.X.X

So I think Nintendo is banning those id that use strange system, but not all of them, mostly in the second wave.

chango

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Unfortunately the bans do not seem to be that specific. People with limited cheating are banned, whereas others with 1000's of free grabs are fine.

Sure, there's people who cheated who are banned and people who aren't (yet maybe), and we don't know for certain what is triggering it, but the number of badges that people stole doesn't address what I asked: Is anybody who ONLY used the unlimited practice and never unlocked the machine banned?

Its now certain that unlocking the machine will potentially get you banned.

Last edited by chango,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
When you try to log in the game, you can see the system update number and the type of the band

So I think Nintendo is banning those id that use strange system, but not all of them, mostly in the second wave.

So the solution is that everyone who makes CFW's uses a different way, other than changing what is displayed to the user to let them know that they are in EmuNAND rather than SysNAND? To prevent getting banned by Nintendo I mean.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile

I think the game just retrieve the string "Ver." from the System Config. to the game, you don't see GW 10.X.X, you see GW 1.3.0 which is the game's version. Originally you should see Ver. 1.3.0 but since most CFW change that string, the game display that change.

Though that doesn't mean that string isn't sent to Nintendo, though if that would be true, everyone using CFW would have been banned, with or without cheating at the Arcade.

Reactions: Arubaro

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So the solution is that everyone who makes CFW's uses a different way, other than changing what is displayed to the user to let them know that they are in EmuNAND rather than SysNAND? To prevent getting banned by Nintendo I mean.
I think the game just retrieve the string "Ver." from the System Config. to the game, you don't see GW 10.X.X, you see GW 1.3.0 which is the game's version. Originally you should see Ver. 1.3.0 but since most CFW change that string, the game display that change.

Though that doesn't mean that string isn't sent to Nintendo, though if that would be true, everyone using CFW would have been banned, with or without cheating at the Arcade.

That is nothing more than the CFW changing the value that is printed to the screen from "Ver." to "RX-E", "RX-S", "GW3D", or " Rei", depending on your chosen cfw. It is not anything that nintedo would see because what they poll for a version check would be things like the title/ticket version and the contents of things like CVer and NVer.

Sure, there's people who cheated who are banned and people who aren't (yet maybe), and we don't know for certain what is triggering it, but the number of badges that people stole doesn't address what I asked: Is anybody who ONLY used the unlimited practice and never unlocked the machine banned?

Its now certain that unlocking the machine will potentially get you banned.

That is a pointless statement. Of course unlocking the machine can potentially result in a ban. So can altering the remaining number of plays. Cheating at ALL in a game like the Badge Arcade, where it is CONSTANTLY calling home to the server with data updates, can potentially result in a ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN