Hacking Badge Arcade Region Ban Poll (022-2803)

What region is your banned 3DS?

• Total voters

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Still not banned on my 10.3 EmuNAND N3DS, but I'm not getting the daily talk from Badgegrab anymore. Just "Good to see you again today!" even when it's my first time opening the app. I've been playing since the JP release, and I have to fix my "corrupted data" every time I open the app.

That's actually normal, there's days that his spam flag is simply turned off. This seems to happen more in the american version than japanese one though (I have 2 japanese units, one vanilla and other on rxTools to play).

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No sort of ban on my Gateway N3DS.

I am still running it in 10.3 emunand, I used Free Multi Patcher to login and play as normal.
I've used cheats to modify the number of practice and real plays, and gotten LOTS of badges, as well as unlock or stop the catcher at a whim.
Maybe the ban detection works by detecting a certain way the firmware is, if it's a certain version number or not a clean exploit? Maybe CFW methods other than Gateway are at stake?

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No sort of ban on my Gateway N3DS.

I am still running it in 10.3 emunand, I used Free Multi Patcher to login and play as normal.
I've used cheats to modify the number of practice and real plays, and gotten LOTS of badges, as well as unlock or stop the catcher at a whim.
Maybe the ban detection works by detecting a certain way the firmware is, if it's a certain version number or not a clean exploit? Maybe CFW methods other than Gateway are at stake?

Yeah no, people have reported the error with having only cheated with gw, and there are people that have used both ntr and gw and only use GW when cheating that haven't gotten the error yet (like myself)

There is simply not enough information yet for people to say "Well maybe its only 'those' people".

Audioboxer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe 10.4 has an anti cheat protection...?

I don't think so. People have been banned that updated to 10.4 and ran Badge Arcade for the first time (so didn't even have the ability to cheat on 10.4). What is more likely is whatever server maintenance was done before 10.4 hit, allowed bans to be triggered once 10.4 dropped.

It's likely it's waves due to Nintendo having to analyze all data and be 100% sure for each individual user they ban. What will be interesting is if we get any reports of someone being banned who hasn't cheated, but just ran CFW/NTR in the background.

I'm fairly confident anyone who has cheated will get axed at some point, but we'll see. Data collection on Nintendo's side has clearly been done already/is still on-going, so it's not likely slipping through the cracks is an outcome. If you've cheated it's bound to be stored somewhere at Nintendo's end to be acted on whenever Nintendo have "analyzed your data".

Basically if you've not been banned yet take precautions for what it's worth and refrain from cheating for now/even opening the app till we know more. Or go all in understanding you'll probably be dead soon :P

Last edited by Audioboxer,

Audioboxer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i am on 10.3 and banned.

Yup I doubt versions have anything to do with it, it's got to be data collection at Nintendo's end considering the game connects online and stores your progress. 99 free plays in a day without a penny spent has to stick out like a sore thumb!

Audioboxer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if your console manufacturing date plays a part? Maybe Nintendo logs are stored in order of the consoles creation? Would be interesting to hear if bans are all on "older" consoles so far, or if anyone has a ban on a recently purchased 3DS. Just brainstorming if there's any logic to Nintendo's ban order.

Or if not manufacturing date, the first time you logged in with your NNID on your console. Mines is only weeks old (purchase and NNID login), with no ban yet.

Last edited by Audioboxer,

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
2 questions:
The banned people are only banned from Badge Arcade or the online services are fucked?
If im not banned yet,they can ban me?

Audioboxer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
2 questions:
The banned people are only banned from Badge Arcade or the online services are fucked?
If im not banned yet,they can ban me?

Just badge arcade so far. The second question is the big unanswered one, and we're trying to make sense of the bans so far. Only Nintendo knows, but I personally think it's likely anyone who has cheating data logged, will be banned eventually.

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just badge arcade so far. The second question is the big unanswered one, and we're trying to make sense of the bans so far. Only Nintendo knows, but I personally think it's likely anyone who has cheating data logged, will be banned eventually.
It can be worse... If it only locks a "eshop-founds-eraser"... Doesnt matter too much.

Reactions: Deleted User

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I logged into Badge Arcade and it worked
Then I exited and started NTR, and NTR debug, didnt input any codes though
Tried to log into Badge Arcade and I cant get past the NNID screen - error 003-4099

Banned?

EDIT - Nevermind - I was downloading something on steam. After switching it off I logged in fine. I think the internet was just being unresponsive.

False Alarm

Last edited by EmceeKerser,

Audioboxer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I logged into Badge Arcade and it worked
Then I exited and started NTR, and NTR debug, didnt input any codes though
Tried to log into Badge Arcade and I cant get past the NNID screen - error 003-4099

Banned?

EDIT - Nevermind - I was downloading something on steam. After switching it off I logged in fine. I think the internet was just being unresponsive.

False Alarm

Glad it is sorted. The ban code seems to exclusively be 022-2803.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?