spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
After taking forever trying to find how to set up button triggers for commands on NTR, I ended up on a forum thread in spanish, where some people were sharing NTR cheat plugins. Downloaded the source for cell9's ALBW cheat plugin and changed it to run WRITEU32(0x3646673C, 0x00000004); when L+UP were pressed.

Happy as fuck thinking it was finally going to work, I put it in the right folder(/plugin/0004[...can't remember]). Ran Badge Arcade, confident my suffering would end, only to be met with 006-0114 when trying to connect to Nintendo Network. "Oh right, I read somewhere that NTR disables online services when you're using cheats. Is that true?" Restarted the title to be sure. Yeah, same error. "Well fuck."

Deleted the plugin and went back to the debugger.

"Maybe writing something to 0x364674C is affecting how 0x364673C is interpreted. It might only unlock it if I exclusively write 4 to 0x3646673C. Let's try that."

So I tried to understand how the array that write() receives is read. Passing just an int(0x04) to it didn't work, since it was expecting an array. (0x04) doesn't work. I assume the 0x00 in (0x04, 0x00) is just a terminating null value, the likes of which you see in C strings. I opened Badge Arcade with NTR Debugger enabled and connected to the PC client. write(0x3746673C, (0x04, 0x00), 0x0000002e) -> no dice. No change whatsoever from the previous behaviour, the catcher is still locked, while I'm offered to pay for a few plays.

-- EDIT --

WHOA! Some black magic happened. I was at the catcher, minding my own business, accepting the fact I wouldn't cheat the rabbit tonight, when I pressed A to get the "you don't have sufficient funds in your account" message. At that moment, I ran write(0x3646673C, (0x04, 0x00), 0x0PIDHERE) one more time. No change, but after I hit "Cancel", I had 15 plays(I set it to purchase 15 plays at a time, so maybe? I dunno).

Now after I used the 15 plays, Badge Arcade is stuck at "Leave the power on and be patient." I smell a ban. Ç_Ç

Turned the power off and tried to cheat on it again. Will leave it at "Leave the power on and be patient." for a few minutes. I don't think it's going to work.

Last edited by spoonm,

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHOA! Some black magic happened. I was at the catcher, minding my own business, accepting the fact I wouldn't cheat the rabbit tonight, when I pressed A to get the "you don't have sufficient funds in your account" message. At that moment, I ran write(0x3646673C, (0x04, 0x00), 0x0PIDHERE) one more time. No change, but after I hit "Cancel", I had 15 plays(I set it to purchase 15 plays at a time, so maybe? I dunno).

Grats, enjoy xP

Edit: Change the code to only be $1 worth of plays (5) maybe that is what's messing it up

Last edited by SonyUSA,

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
Could the adresses change?
New 3DS EUR here and today the unlock code stopped working and so did the play count setter.
I tried rebooting the badge arcade and the whole system, still no luck, anyone with the same problem?

Wilsonec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could the adresses change?
New 3DS EUR here and today the unlock code stopped working and so did the play count setter.
I tried rebooting the badge arcade and the whole system, still no luck, anyone with the same problem?
Yep the addresses change when new badges hit the arcade. Not like when a random 1 or 2 catchers are added, but when the rabbit announces new badges.

Try downloading the codes from the GSheet again, they have been updated for today

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France
Yep the addresses change when new badges hit the arcade. Not like when a random 1 or 2 catchers are added, but when the rabbit announces new badges.

Try downloading the codes from the GSheet again, they have been updated for today
Didn't knew, sorry for the dumb question :(
Got the new badges, I'm happy, I love the Nikki badges look! I can be banned in peace now.

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
Grats, enjoy xP

Edit: Change the code to only be $1 worth of plays (5) maybe that is what's messing it up

You are right about that. I think it should be in the OP, just to clarify to people like me, who had it set to purchase 10 or 15 plays at a time, that the unlock code will only work if the catcher is set to 5 at a time.

tfw from 89 badges to over 200 in a few minutes :rofl:

Reactions: SonyUSA

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT SHARE A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR BADGES ON THE MIIVERSE STAND. I have been cheating on badge arcade for about a week now, it is really fun game. This morning I shared a image on the miiverse stand and 5 hours later when I accessed the game again, BANNED. :) It was fun while it lasted, I have around 650 badges, but learn from my story.

Reactions: x06xp and soaresden

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you think Nintendo employees search this thread for people who claim they successfully cheated on Badge Arcade, then ban their NNIDs if public on this site? :unsure:
Well, shit.

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
DO NOT SHARE A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR BADGES ON THE MIIVERSE STAND. I have been cheating on badge arcade for about a week now, it is really fun game. This morning I shared a image on the miiverse stand and 5 hours later when I accessed the game again, BANNED. :) It was fun while it lasted, I have around 650 badges, but learn from my story.
I did it for a full zelda theme x) Maybe that's it ;)

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country

I've just got over 1000 badges, most from cheating of course!! ;)

Just in case I end up with a ban, does anyone know how long the ban lasts?? ...or is it permanent?

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I've just got over 1000 badges, most from cheating of course!! ;)

Just in case I end up with a ban, does anyone know how long the ban lasts?? ...or is it permanent?
Someone said they were told it was permanent but no one else has heard back from Nintendo.

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just go back from a disappointing call with Nintendo "technical support". They were not able to address the error code at all. They tried pulling the bullshit maintenance excuse. "Street pass is in maintenance" :rofl2:. Had to push harder and now I'm waiting for a call from there specialized experts or something, so hopefully they can give me an explanation and I will be able to ask more advanced questions (duration, reasoning). First guy I got connected to was actually fun to talk to so that made it an enjoyable experience (he kept pointing out how his computer was crap and was giving him error codes :rofl:). Then I got connected to the supervisor who was this woman who sounded bored out of her mind (can't blame her). She checked with someone n a office or something and then came back asking me what game I was playing when I got the error. I was like "wat? Badge arcade?" :rofl:. She kept asking what I was doing before I got the error code, I'm just like "catching badges...? hahah". Then she told me she couldn't do anything and that I will get a call from the people that look into these problems specifically this week. So that's all I can say guys, will report more when I can. :P

JUICY INFO REPORT: (well not actually much yet, but still)

So I called in and got an update on the status of this error code and I actually got to speak with a higher up (ties with research team blah blah), and they told me it appeared under the BAN category. Mind you, they didn't tell me directly, I had to ask specifically. They are still researching whether or not "it was manual or automatic". They will call me back in regards to the status once it is discovered. The woman on the line then revealed to me what the outcome of stipulations would be. Basically it was: I don't get banned at all, I get banned for a little, I get fully banned, or it is an "exception" where they totally messed up. I tried to act as surprised as I could when the woman on the line said "it appears under the ban category, we don't understand why, we are still researching your problem" :rofl2:. Oh boy, let's hope that all this calling and playing up leads them to believe it was a fuck up on their side. As always, I will report more when I can! ;)

Edit: I just thought I'd share this, damn there was some weird tension going on when I was talking to this higher up. It just felt like a lot of inside information was being held from me, unless I specifically asked, and that just made me feel uncomfortable. I tried my best to act all "buddy buddy" and it just felt like I was talking to this dead serious woman. I don't know, I guess what i'm trying to get across is that it was awkward. :rofl:

Last edited by mungry,
Reactions: siFippo

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JUICY INFO REPORT: (well not actually much yet, but still)

So I called in and got an update on the status of this error code and I actually got to speak with a higher up (ties with research team blah blah), and they told me it appeared under the BAN category. Mind you, they didn't tell me directly, I had to ask specifically. They are still researching whether or not "it was manual or automatic". They will call me back in regards to the status once it is discovered. The woman on the line then revealed to me what the outcome of stipulations would be. Basically it was: I don't get banned at all, I get banned for a little, I get fully banned, or it is an "exception" where they totally messed up. I tried to act as surprised as I could when the woman on the line said "it appears under the ban category, we don't understand why, we are still researching your problem" :rofl2:. Oh boy, let's hope that all this calling and playing up leads them to believe it was a fuck up on their side. As always, I will report more when I can! ;)

Inb4 it wasn't automatic or permanent but once they do research they clearly can tell it needed to be permanent and you get permabanned.

Reactions: mungry

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thats exactly what happened to me

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mungry I hope your NNID a isn't the same as your username haha!

It is. Honestly, i'm straight up doing this for fun. If their "research team" is successful in linking two and two together kudos to them :). I'm also doing this for the community since they seem interested in regards to bans for cheating in the arcade. Really, I do not care if this does become permanent, I will just go back to GYBT. :P

TheHaxForU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i can confirm they ban even if you don't use unlocker i have been using getting practice plays then modifying the value and was just banned :[

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol