Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet a bloodbender could restore the bending that Amon took away, its just that Katara wasn't able to because she didn't know how too. So I think that Amon could have possibly give back Tarlok's bending, but it doesn't matter now since they are both dead anyways.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had these thoughts run through my head as I was watching the finale, so I just wanted to put them down.

1) Tarrlok and Amon are set up as dark foils to Bolin and Mako. Amon and Mako are both exceptional benders with "weaker" younger brothers who they seek to protect from harsh circumstances. The parallels are too plain to ignore.
2) Asami's father seemed to be tied to Charles Lindbergh (famed aviator and noted Nazi sympathizer) a lot this episode. From the outfit to actually flying the planes in battle.
3) While it was really obvious whenever they stopped to show someone pulling their parachute (lest the kids get the impression that they died or anything), this show went to really, really dark places. Horrifically cruel parental abuse aside, we got both a lovingly enacted murder suicide (I could make so Babylon 5 references here, but I don't think Guild would be too appreciative of that) and an obvious near suicide attempt from Korra.

I feel like the show's biggest problem so far has been the pacing. While the original series sometimes went a bit too slowly (especially with episodes like "The Great Divide"), it did give the audience a lot of time to get to know the characters. The Legend of Korra, on the other hand, seems to have gone a bit too fast; quite a few of the plot developments seem rushed and we haven't been able to know the characters as well (Mako, Bolin, and Asami especially). The season really could have benefited from a few more episodes.

While the season finale did seem to clean the loose ends together a bit too well, I was definitely satisfied overall. Despite the nitpicks, I've been loving the show. There is still a lot of ground to cover, and we have (at least) another season ahead. I can't wait to see where it takes us.

Reactions: 3 people

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Holy Shit. [member='Gahars'] was right. I never thought Korra would have lost her bending.

Furthermore, the secret behind energybending is using the cosmic energy provided by the Avatar State?

I loved that ending but it would have been better if it ended of with Korra just being stuck with Airbending and having her become a Fully-realized Avatar in Season 2 instead of in 30 seconds.

Reactions: 2 people

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy Shit. [member='Gahars'] was right. I never thought Korra would have lost her bending.

Furthermore, the secret behind energybending is using the cosmic energy provided by the Avatar State?

I loved that ending but it would have been better if it ended of with Korra just being stuck with Airbending and having her become a Fully-realized Avatar in Season 2 instead of in 30 seconds.
people keep making that argument for season 2, but they fail to realize Season 1 was originally Legend of Korra as a whole. There was no second season even thought of until after they finished season 1 and it aired

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country

people keep making that argument for season 2, but they fail to realize Season 1 was originally Legend of Korra as a whole. There was no second season even thought of until after they finished season 1 and it aired

They could have changed the ending when they announced a second season. (Which was even before the series actually aired I believe. Not totally sure.)

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
well, Iroh is still young, but i was expecting bumi though.
yes he did lost his fleet, maybe he wasn't great as a general but he's an awesome firebender. but he was still badass in my eyes. took down several planes alone.
wisdom will come with age.

if you know tsuna from KHR, you'd know about propelling yourself with flames using both hands.

i agree with gahars, series is a bit rushed.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
They could have changed the ending when they announced a second season. (Which was even before the series actually aired I believe. Not totally sure.)
I'm pretty sure the announcement was before the show aired but there's a lot of work between animating and airing. The entire show was probably fully animated and near ready to air. To make a big change like that would have delayed the show's air date and that's something they couldn't do.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Now we play the waiting game.

S3azQ.gif

Reactions: 5 people

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Everyone asking What happened to Zuko's Mom. Its been promised to be revealed in the promise Part 3. Which is the final dark horse comic coming out in september.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have to say
Tarrlok's and Noatak's (Amon) death was the darkest scene I have ever seen in a kids show. I am amazed that they would actually have something like that happen! I actually welcomed a happy ending after something that dark was thrown at me.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SEASON 2!!!

Hm, this show seems to have gotten a lot of praise. Is it worth watching even though it seems to be aimed at children?
It's worth watching, hell it's worth watching again after watching it the first time.
The show didn't seem to be aimed towards children, it was more aimed towards the fans of the original Avatar.
Not to mention it tackled some seriously deep themes.

Also it's very short, but that's what makes perfect. The show is long enough for you to get to know and connect to the characters and really show the complexity of what is going on. It stays long enough for anyone to enjoy and get into.

Reactions: 1 person

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wondering.
So Aang died when he was 40-50 or something?
He was actually about 66 when he died

Seriously? How come his beard isn't gray/white then? =/
He looks way too young.
Those flashbacks are about when he was in his 40's
I actually got the ages from here, so I am basing my statement off that.
I mean when Korra meets his spirit, his hair is still brown there. It would be a little bit weird if she meets his 40 year old spirit.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I mean when Korra meets his spirit, his hair is still brown there. It would be a little bit weird if she meets his 40 year old spirit.
He's a spirit, he can come in any form he pleases.
I mean Avatar Kyoshi was 230 when she died, but she still shows up in her younger body.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof