porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I mean when Korra meets his spirit, his hair is still brown there. It would be a little bit weird if she meets his 40 year old spirit.
My speculation (which I just pulled out of thin air and one which everyone should take with truckload of salt and not hold me responsible should it turn out wrong, just to be clear) is that the spirit MAY be the projection of when the individual was at his/her prime. Going out of topic here but I always had this question in my mind: If a person were to die and we were to see his/her spirit, would it be one which projects the image of when he is near death? And so if the person were to die from an accident which would sever parts of his/her body parts, would the ghost be mutilated as well? Meh O_________o

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean when Korra meets his spirit, his hair is still brown there. It would be a little bit weird if she meets his 40 year old spirit.
My speculation (which I just pulled out of thin air and one which everyone should take with truckload of salt and not hold me responsible should it turn out wrong, just to be clear) is that the spirit MAY be the projection of when the individual was at his/her prime. Going out of topic here but I always had this question in my mind: If a person were to die and we were to see his/her spirit, would it be one which projects the image of when he is near death? And so if the person were to die from an accident which would sever parts of his/her body parts, would the ghost be mutilated as well? Meh O_________o

Plus, that's the Aang she would have best recognized from all the flashbacks.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aang must have been kicking some serious ass after TLA if his appearance in TLA isn't what's shown. I mean at like puberty age he defeated the evil Fire Lord and essentially ended the long war and brought peace to the land.

But yeah, it's probably that paired with all of Korra's flashbacks involved Aang at the mid-40's age.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Aang must have been kicking some serious ass after TLA if his appearance in TLA isn't what's shown. I mean at like puberty age he defeated the evil Fire Lord and essentially ended the long war and brought peace to the land.

But yeah, it's probably that paired with all of Korra's flashbacks involved Aang at the mid-40's age.
Ahh I felt that him roflstomping Yakone who bloodbended him without the usual restraints was more epic XD

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I just had these thoughts run through my head as I was watching the finale, so I just wanted to put them down....

I feel like the show's biggest problem so far has been the pacing. While the original series sometimes went a bit too slowly (especially with episodes like "The Great Divide"), it did give the audience a lot of time to get to know the characters. The Legend of Korra, on the other hand, seems to have gone a bit too fast; quite a few of the plot developments seem rushed and we haven't been able to know the characters as well (Mako, Bolin, and Asami especially). The season really could have benefited from a few more episodes.
Definitely agree with you; I didn't notice it for most of the series, but the last 2 minutes felt so rushed. Even if they didn't want to do a whole season about re-finding herself I think they could've easily gotten a whole episode out of it.

Overall I really enjoyed the series. When they said they were doing a sequel to Avatar I was convinced they'd screw it up, the first series is such a tough act to follow. But they totally pulled it off. I like being wrong :)

Reactions: 2 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I wasn't the only one slightly disappointed about the ending. They could had at least one more episode with a more for-filling fight after he got thrown out the window, it would have been fine.
Watch him come back in the second part. :lol:

So, she was born with her Air Bending blocked? Is that a good explanation?

I'm not really sure if blood bending should be banned. Yes it can be frightening, but it greatly limits water benders.
I mean I'm kind of surprise fire benders just can be heat own it own. Heat bending. So you could bend the heat in ones body.

:unsure:

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I wasn't the only one slightly disappointed about the ending. They could had at least one more episode with a more for-filling fight after he got thrown out the window, it would have been fine.

I'm not really sure if blood bending should be banned. Yes it can be frightening, but it greatly limits water benders.
I mean I'm kind of surprise fire benders just can be heat own it own. Heat bending. So you could bend the heat in ones body.

Well she didn't have her air bending blocked. She just didn't know how to do it because the other elements were sorta blocking her to do air bending. Remember how hard it was for Aang to do Earth Bending, its the same for Korra. Its just that this time she wasn't able to bend the other 3 elements, and she was desperate and had to bend something and that was air. Plus you have to be very spiritual to bend air, and in the series you could see that Korra wasn't and was more aggressive then patient.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like Gabe and Tycho are fans.

i-JDd4MZ3-X3.jpg

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Well she didn't have her air bending blocked. She just didn't know how to do it because the other elements were sorta blocking her to do air bending. Remember how hard it was for Aang to do Earth Bending, its the same for Korra. Its just that this time she wasn't able to bend the other 3 elements, and she was desperate and had to bend something and that was air. Plus you have to be very spiritual to bend air, and in the series you could see that Korra wasn't and was more aggressive then patient.
Agreed. Even though the emd was epic. It wasn't without flaws.
1. You're right. To bend air, you're supposed to be very fluid in your movement. However, when she bend the air, she was in an aggressive stance like she wanted to bend earth or fire.
2. Imo, I would have loved it better if she didn't have the rest of the other bending back. I think that could have been the story in the other seasons. As in Korra parting in a quest to find each of the elements back.
But I guess they wanted to end it because 'kids were watching and expected a nice end.'. XD I'm kidding.. mostly. XD

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some things I don't understand about this series though, and are really bothering me.
1st: Why was Korra able to see and talk to Aang so easily. When Aang had to talk to Roku for the first time he had to meet him at the Fire Temple during the Winter Solstice.

2nd: Why didn't Amon die right away after Mako shot lighting at him? I thought that after you get stroke by lightning you die immediately. If you remember when Aang was about to redirect Ozai's lightning, he got really scared because he thought he would get hit and die. Not only that but the only other time someone got hit by lightning was Zuko, but he didn't die because he redirected half of it as well. And Zuko got really injured and wasn't even able to move, while Amon just got up like nothing happened...

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are some things I don't understand about this series though, and are really bothering me.
1st: Why was Korra able to see and talk to Aang so easily. When Aang had to talk to Roku for the first time he had to meet him at the Fire Temple during the Winter Solstice.

2nd: Why didn't Amon die right away after Mako shot lighting at him? I thought that after you get stroke by lightning you die immediately. If you remember when Aang was about to redirect Ozai's lightning, he got really scared because he thought he would get hit and die. Not only that but the only other time someone got hit by lightning was Zuko, but he didn't die because he redirected half of it as well. And Zuko got really injured and wasn't even able to move, while Amon just got up like nothing happened...
Dude, just HAVING THE FLOW OF BLOOD STOPPED SHOULD MAKE YOU DIE. IT'S ANIMATION. F*** LOGIC!
You get constantly get hit by earth (huge chunks of earth that when hit can rearrange your face).
Fire you make you burn on contact and yet the characters while burned aren't reduced to ashes.
From what I understand in the show, getting hit by lightning full frontal in the face doesn't make you die. Redirecting it while it goes through your spine does.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country

Dude, just REDIRECTING THE FLOW OF BLOOD SHOULD MAKE YOU DIE. IT'S ANIMATION. F*** LOGIC!
Universes have to keep continuity though. It was established in "The Last Airbender" that lightning is the ultimate technique of firebending and is very, very dangerous. Near always fatal unless its redirecting through bending.

Amon could have been wearing some kind of armor that protected him though. Makes sense he'd prepare for near all eventualities.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Dude, just REDIRECTING THE FLOW OF BLOOD SHOULD MAKE YOU DIE. IT'S ANIMATION. F*** LOGIC!
Universes have to keep continuity though. It was established in "The Last Airbender" that lightning is the ultimate technique of firebending and is very, very dangerous. Near always fatal unless its redirecting through bending.

Amon could have been wearing some kind of armor that protected him though. Makes sense he'd prepare for near all eventualities.
Actually redirecting it doesn't make it any less dangerous. You could die easily if not done right.
To be honest, I'm surprised Mako can generate lightning AND redirect it. Being the second bender capable of doing both. (The first being Iroh.)

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has been established from the first series, that lightning is fatal in the Avatar universe.
Well Amon survived and that's that. He survived a lot of things.
It's also been established that Bloodbending can be done only during a full moon. And yet he can at any time. And yet, it is never explained how EXACTLY. Just that he was the son of some father that could do it.
So much things have changed in a series LOL.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It's also been established that Bloodbending can be done only during a full moon. And yet he can at any time. And yet, it is never explained how EXACTLY. Just that he was the son of some father that could do it.
Wasn't it quickly established that world is filled with herpaderpa special people who may have special talents (i.e. metal bending) and that their families bloodline allowed for bloodbending?

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It has been established from the first series, that lightning is fatal in the Avatar universe.
Wasn't it quickly established that world is filled with herpaderpa special people who may have special talents (i.e. metal bending) and that their families bloodline allowed for bloodbending?
Nope only special waterbenders. XD

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean the fact that they could bloodbend without the moon. In that whole family story, I'm more than positive Yakone or "Amon" mentions that it's a special trait of their bloodline.

EDIT: More than positive is a bit exaggerate. I'm just a bit on the "I swear I heard that..." side of things atm.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean the fact that they could bloodbend without the moon. In that whole family story, I'm more than positive Yakone or "Amon" mentions that it's a special trait of their bloodline.

EDIT: More than positive is a bit exaggerate. I'm just a bit on the "I swear I heard that..." side of things atm.
Yes but they ARE waterbenders. Only on that can bend water can bend blood. (Duh).

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

Yes but they ARE waterbenders. Only on that can bend water can bend blood. (Duh).
No crap. The excuse for it was hinted in Yakone's trial when Sokka briefly speaks of coming across people with special bending talents . I actually just quickly looked at that whole origin part of Ep 11 and Yakone states his family has the strongest line of bloodbenders which pretty much explains their ability to learn how to bloodbend without the moon... I'm sure generations of experience and teachings of the sort would somehow allow for this special ability.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1