JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of files that you can get away with guessing them and things will work just fine. But in this situation with the setting.txt file, all you have to do is just ask someone else what the file properties for that file are on their wii. Simple enough. :D

edit: Yeah, I had read that a long time ago, notice that I thanked him for that post :P, you know, that "thanking feature" that I so fucking hate.
Well considering you wanted a FSToolbox mod that would allow you to write to the NAND, and you didn't seem to know why the original wouldn't, I figured you had forgotten about his post.
i made an app that will write to the nand and delete from it too
let me know if you would like to see it???
I didn't mention that because you asked me not to share it. IMHO, it's too dangerous to be available to the public.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
There are plenty of files that you can get away with guessing them and things will work just fine. But in this situation with the setting.txt file, all you have to do is just ask someone else what the file properties for that file are on their wii. Simple enough. :D

edit: Yeah, I had read that a long time ago, notice that I thanked him for that post :P, you know, that "thanking feature" that I so fucking hate.
Well considering you wanted a FSToolbox mod that would allow you to write to the NAND, and you didn't seem to know why the original wouldn't, I figured you had forgotten about his post.
I know why the original doesn't... mainly because no one programmed it in. Since most of the permissions can be guessed or can be found out, there's no reason to not have it.
i made an app that will write to the nand and delete from it too
let me know if you would like to see it???
I didn't mention that because you asked me not to share it. IMHO, it's too dangerous to be available to the public.
Here you go acting like big brother again. Who cares if someone does something stupid and fucks up their wii? People still do that stupid shit even if you stop certain apps from coming out. Trust me, I know this because I'm the one repairing a good portion of them.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
IMHO, it's too dangerous to be available to the public.
It's all good, DeadlyFoez needs more wii repair business anyways, lol, jks jks

In all honesty though, there are tons of tools that can already brick your wii if used improperly, what's one more? Why should more advanced users not be able to benefit from doing quick tests using an app like this? Noob users got it easy with modmii and other guides these days, so it should be that much easier for them to act responsibly and not run nand editing tools with large warnings and such. Besides, at this point in the wii's life cycle, I think it's unlikely for another obscure youtube fail tutorial using this particular app to ever surface. That being said, I don't really care if it's shared publicly or not cuz if I ever want it I'll just ask one of you awesome dudes to PM it to me, lol.

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Well you guys know too well how cautious I am about stuff. I spent forever debating on whether or not to release KoreanKii, even though it looked safe and I had other devs search through it for problems.

@DF: Well it's good business for you if someone bricks their Wii, so you don't really get a vote lol.

zoomx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't believe that setting.txt require any special permissions. Using Sneek you can start a Wii with only setting.txt (an artificial one), the System Menu ad his IOS. I did it long time ago. Maybe it was a side effetct of Sneek?

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
In case anyone is interested, I made this quick modification of the original System Settings Replace Tool by tona some months ago. It has both HW_AHBPROT access rights support and an IOS selection menu.

It does not include the changes made by BlackAce83 (now Thomas83Lin) in the v0.21, since he lost the source code. But he was kind enough to give me a copy of the original one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto