Hacking Atmosphere to be estimated released in Summer 2018 for ALL firmwares.

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
You are correct, everyone is posting party comments - disregarding anything of substance that has been said in this thread at any point. Flooding with feels can continue.

Also thank you for totally disregarding what I posted, and simply going with namecalling.

This place

is

insane.

(What do you even do as a moderator in here? Hide all the postings that are not just endless copies of the same basic celebratory message? Wait until this is over and everyone had their *toot* moment, then go back to this place not being just a scrolling feed with *feels* again? To be frank, I wouldn't know what to do...)

xoxo
The monkeyman?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Party!!!

Found an actual representation of this thread so far:

*facepalm*
Nobody here is calling you monkeyman.
He meant the guy you were arguing with, his username is monkeyman

Giever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope we get some clarification at some point as to what difference the 'less convenience' makes. If it's just having to buy a particular game or going through a few extra steps, then I don't mind that at all. If it needs another Switch or ends up being a hack that needs to be reapplied or something (probably not the case?) then that would be a pain. Would really like to update my BotW files so I can play the DLC (I apparently purchased it at a bad time and didn't realize until afterwards that I wouldn't be able to download the content without doing a system update).

Reactions: hippy dave

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
To put out the obvious question as well -

- Coldboot on 1.0.0?
- Faster and more reliable startup than HBL on up to 4.1.0?

Information about higher than 4.1.0 still seems to be in flux, other than that CFW is coming for all current Switches on all higher Firmwares as well.

If anyone knows, any information would be appreciated. If its ok to specify it publicly at this point.

Last edited by notimp,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
*facepalm*
Nobody here is calling you monkeyman.
He meant the guy you were arguing with, his username is monkeyman
Thank you for pointing that out, and sorry @Memoir for the false accusation. Its hard to keep up with usernames in here (and apparently to differentiate them from insults...)

*hanging my head in shame*

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: Milad and Kioku
D

Deleted User

Nobody here wants to keep beating that dead horse except for monkeyman.
Oh my fucking god. OK lets backtrack. I said I didn't want to pirate switch games because it's still early in it's life cycle. Then made the remark I didn't want another psp. THEN comes the playstation defense force. SO NO. I wasn't beating the Godman dead horse. I simply made a remark saying I didn't want a psp situation, and then the sony fanboy picked it up. And started rambling about the vita. And overall I was generally confused on what fucking side they where on. Since they didn't clearly state their argument. And then out of left field notip comes in. And then literately doesn't states his arugment is. So here I am guessing what side he is on because it wasn't very clear. So sorry for fucking misunderstanding

Last edited by ,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
And back to no personal attacks, please. Group size gathered under different opinion posters shouldn't matter. And feeling singled out mostly just s*cks.

I had a *poof* moment, when an entire 8 paragraph argument was simply not recognized as existing, thats basically it - piracy could still have "killed" the PSP, I'd just have to see the evidence for that argument.

Now lets all be friends again. ;)

(Uhh, *cheesy*... ;) )

Just wait until I get involved in the conversation
:)

Last edited by notimp,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And back to no personal attacks, please. Group size gathered under different opinion posters shouldn't matter. And feeling singled out mostly just s*cks.

I had a *poof* moment, when an entire 8 paragraph argument was simply not recognized as existing, thats basically it - piracy could still have "killed" the PSP, I'd just have to see the evidence for that argument.

(How *cheesy*... ;) )

Did you just censor "suck"?

Reactions: Subtle Demise
D

Deleted User

(Uhh, *cheesy*... ;) )

Ok, so first off, I apologize for not fact checking that article you sent. it was getting late roughly 12 o clock. And by that time I'm not entirely all there. Second off, piracy on a psp was far easier than a ds and was a massive problem. If we discuss the original ds, ds lite models (exuding 3ds and dsi. I'll get to them in a sec) all homebrew and piracy had only one method. Via flashcard. The psp however is done through all software, and was cracked practically at launch. And it was widespread known about it. Which is why I often compare the switch and psp, because they where being hacked fairly quickly. And the process is almost way too easy. So already early in it's lifetime it had piracy. The ds certainly did as well. But people had to buy a expensive flashcard (or some other strange mean) Meanwhile with the psp. All you would need is a single usb cable and a computer. Meaning anyone could do it. And sony themselves admitted to the problem
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/psps-biggest-problem-is-piracy-sony

The 3ds and dsi are a different beast mainly because they support a sd card. But it was only until recently you could load a game cartridge from a sd card as there goes some odd technicality trying to load a ds cart of a sd through software. Which is why I'm ignoring the 3ds and dsi. Since they are more recent in regards of game cartridge/physical game piracy

Last edited by ,

StageProps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the actual piracy numbers for the PSP matter less than the narrative Sony put forward--they perceived piracy to be a problem, so they stopped supporting it. Studios also perceived this problem, and stopped making games for it. Whether piracy was actually that big a problem relative to unit sales is irrelevant if the company that makes the console says it's a problem. It erodes developer and publisher faith in the system.

Also, this is awesome news! I can only hope we see something before July 13, when my girlfriend's copy of Captain Toad is supposed to arrive. She probably won't sympathize with my desire to wait on 4.1.0 for CFW.

Last edited by StageProps,

pinkupi13

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
everyone saying 'but australian summer is dec-feb whaaaa'
australia is literally probably one of the only few in the southern hemisphere that even has that notion 'summer' is the north
which is winter
so stop whining it's not going to change you have to think like you're american
or northern hemispheric doesn't make a diff

also interesting that it's for ALL. funny actually.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
everyone saying 'but australian summer is dec-feb whaaaa'
australia is literally probably one of the only few in the southern hemisphere that even has that notion 'summer' is the north
which is winter
so stop whining it's not going to change you have to think like you're american
or northern hemispheric doesn't make a diff

also interesting that it's for ALL. funny actually.
Wut?
Of course he is taking about northern hemisphere summer, but did the rest of your post actually mean??? Weird...

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Kaden Kyarel, Either support GBAtemp with Patron or use an ad-blocker.