Atlus registers multiple site domains related to Persona series

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    John Hardin has already left the company, which is a shame, because he was pretty cool. Those press releases were always hilarious. William Chan is now SEGA+Atlus's new PR manager.

Abu_Senpai likes this.

2. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo

I loved Jhon Hardin too especially his persona and smt unboxings as well as the P5 cast interviews. I wonder if William Chan will be as funny and cool as Jhon was.

Chary likes this.
  3. death360

death360 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Just give us PC support dammit.:cry:

spiderman1216 likes this.
  4. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Of course, @Chary would report this :P.

On another note it seems pretty interesting, all the more reason to get to completing P4 and P5.

Last edited by TheDarkGreninja, Apr 21, 2017
    Chary likes this.
  5. Pluupy

Pluupy Woof!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I don't care for Persona.

Just give me Shin Megami Tensei, baby! I need dat sci fi in my life!

6. MoonUsotsuki

MoonUsotsuki Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2015
    Mexico
    Here.
    P3D... Persona 3 on 3ds? I personally don't think the general tone of P3 going well with the Dancing all night concept, that being said, I don't know hot much the 3ds will last, so... Nothing more than speculation.

7. jimbo13

jimbo13 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    I almost want to play this to post spoilers all over the net just because of the way Atlus shit on youtubers.

Glad they aren't involved much with GuiltyGear and Blaz or I would drop those titles until Atlus decided to join us all in 2017 where people can film stuff.

Last edited by jimbo13, Apr 21, 2017
    MoonUsotsuki likes this.
  8. matpower

matpower A Hero of Justice

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    Unlikely, we already got a portable version on the PSP, aptly named "Persona 3 Portable". And besides that, Nintendo consoles never received a true Persona game. (Persona Q is just Etrian Odyssey with a Persona 3/4 makeover)

In my honest opinion, it's unlikely that we'll see most of those registered domains as games. It's probably just for safekeeping them. It's too early to release a Persona 5 spin-off or enhanced edition and it's too late to release a Persona 3-themed game.

9. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Persona v arena/ultimax i'm hoping.

10. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    When will Sega allow Knucle to parody in one of those Persona game? I think he will rock as one of Persona.

11. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    I'd buy P3D so much.

12. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    As weird as it sounds I would love to see something like a persona baseball game

13. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Wat.
    Why?

14. spiderman1216

spiderman1216 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2016
    Canada
    I'll never understand why Atlus will continue to be retardo about porting their games over to PC, I can't think of a single Persona game at least the mainlines, that aren't playable on PC with Persona 5 just having some framerate issues, and graphical glitches to sort out. They are leaving money on the table, by having people resort to emulation instead of just porting the games over, especially since emulating them requires a pretty heavy duty machine.

I mean Persona 5 is capable of being run on a PS3, hell I bet that it could be run on most laptops in the wild right now, that would be a great market for the Persona games, especially considering how vast the PC market is, something could easily sell well, since it's a lot more accessible. It's a turn based game, that doesn't have a high amount of action therefore you don't need a controller for it. It looks like a game suitable for both keyboard and mouse, and controller.

I mean we can get Nights of Azure on PC which I would argue is a much nicher franchise, so I don't see what's Persona's excuse. Hell that game is a freaking action RPG which is not as accessible as something like Persona 5 since those are the type of games where you would want a controller to play them.