Atlus localizing three 3DS games for the west

zRQtH2e.jpg

m5p9QVm.jpg

It seems that Atlus has let some information accidentally slip, on their American site. The company had a picture on their site noting that they have three upcoming titles planned for release up until 2018. These links, at the time of writing, go to test pages called "gamename-test-qwerty" which denote the following games for localizations:

Etrian Odyssey V will be releasing in North America sometime in fall 2017 for the 3DS, under the name Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth.

Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey will be coming west in 2018 as Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux.

Lastly, Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology will be the only one not getting a name change, and will arrive in North America early 2018.

It should be noted that these games were only leaked for a North American release. There is no word on any European versions at this time.

Plushie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Two remakes of games that never came out in Europe, and a brand new EO. Very cool.
The West™ does not equal Europe (and Australia) however, so this still leaves me anxious. Deep Silver, don't fail me!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again, Atlus proves that they know what they are doing and actively not trying to shove a hot fire poker up my rear just for me to enjoy games.

I never got the chance to play any of the games being localized. I am the least interested in EO games because I would like to start from the beginning, you know. I played a bit of the first one and I really liked it. Only a few hours, but I can see people getting addicted.
I played a few hours of Radiant Historia on the DS late late into the DS's lifespan, only months before I bought a 3DS. In fact I probably stopped playing it because I got a 3DS and started playing Devil Survivor Overclocked... What I played of RH I thought was really cool. I am glad they are giving that game a well needed and deserved 3DS update.

Now Strange Journey DEEP is probably the most interesting of the 3DS updates we are getting. For sure this is the one that I am looking forward to the most. I have only played a few minutes of SJ on the DS but dang. Was it cool. I am just getting into the SMT series this generation of gaming, starting with DSO and P3 FES.

I am excited to say the least. I didn't realize that these are not coming out this summer. I must have been reading the Japanese release dates. I am relieved and kinda bummed at the same time. What is wrong with me haha :bortz:

Last edited by BORTZ,
Reactions: Exavold

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say that I'm impressed with how much life the 3DS has had. Last year I thought for sure 2017 would be its final year before it just kinda dwindled out, but now its become clear that it will last well into 2018, and I wouldn't be surprised if it somehow lives well into 2019 at this point. I would think that would be it, but who knows at this point.

Last edited by duffmmann,
Reactions: Redhorse

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People now days are so easily triggered, lol No offence was intended, man, I don't understand anything about things u mentioned, I suppose only a weebs can understand each other??

I own both radiant hystoria and etrian odyssey, both of them are full of japanese cartoon elements, and I dropped after 1st few hours...
So b/c you own a few Japanese games you are being hypocritical on the situation? What? I just find it funny that people who call others weebs tend to participate or lurk around Anime content.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish they just put these games on playstation, less chance of censorship on them, games on steam should have the publisher host a website that you can download a uncensor patch that you can use yourself after buying the steam game.

Reactions: MasterJ360

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
As a fan of Both Persona and SMT i am REALLY excited for the REMAKE of SMT Strange Journey!

I honestly cannot wait for that livestream that is on August 2nd in order to find out more information on the upcoming Persona 5 spinoffs as well as finding out more information on the amazing SMT HD switch game.

TotalInfinity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again, Atlus proves that they know what they are doing and actively not trying to shove a hot fire poker up my rear just for me to enjoy games.

I never got the chance to play any of the games being localized. I am the least interested in EO games because I would like to start from the beginning, you know. I played a bit of the first one and I really liked it. Only a few hours, but I can see people getting addicted.
I played a few hours of Radiant Historia on the DS late late into the DS's lifespan, only months before I bought a 3DS. In fact I probably stopped playing it because I got a 3DS and started playing Devil Survivor Overclocked... What I played of RH I thought was really cool. I am glad they are giving that game a well needed and deserved 3DS update.

Now Strange Journey DEEP is probably the most interesting of the 3DS updates we are getting. For sure this is the one that I am looking forward to the most. I have only played a few minutes of SJ on the DS but dang. Was it cool. I am just getting into the SMT series this generation of gaming, starting with DSO and P3 FES.

I am excited to say the least. I didn't realize that these are not coming out this summer. I must have been reading the Japanese release dates. I am relieved and kinda bummed at the same time. What is wrong with me haha :bortz:

If it helps you get into it, the first and second games have remakes available on the 3DS, the third is so far DS only (I don't know when that remake is coming out) but good god the third might easily be the best one in the series and still holds up even now.

I'm excited for all three of these, all three are series I love, happy to see a Radiant Historia sequel, even more happy for EOV, and I'd adore going through Strange Journey again.

Sakura1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Early 2018 for RH...oof.
That's a long, long time for a game they already have mostly translated?...

its weird bc the graphics barely get any change and everything already translated unless they are rewriting this from scratch then i can see why but still unless they are adding new skills and what not....

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Buying a 3DS was the best investment I ever made. I can't believe it's not dead yet.
The 3DS definitely has an amazing library of games on the go, and with quality of console-like games. I know that many will disagree with me on this but that's okay.

More SMTs is always welcome. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o