Hardware ASUS Computer not "starting up correctly"

supergamer368

🗿
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows has been totally erased from my computer and I don't know why. I can't install it on any partition. WHAT CAN I DO..................................................

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows has been totally erased from my computer and I don't know why. I can't install it on any partition. WHAT CAN I DO..................................................
When you were in the installation thing, did you press erase on a partition rather than format? Once you erase a partition, a new thing comes up and will say something like Disk 0 unallocated space. You install to the unallocated space.

Reactions: supergamer368

supergamer368

🗿
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'll try it. Thanks so much for your help. You help more than microsoft does.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This whole process is making me want to die. Now it's claiming that I can't install to unallocated space. WHY DOES MICROSOFT HATE ME
EDITTTTTTT: you know what? I'm probably just gonna give up because i have no idea how to do this.

Last edited by supergamer368,
Reactions: Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just noticed you wrote here. Wasn't notified of it. I don't know why it would say you can't install to unallocated space. I've done that before! I looked it up a bit, and some other guy had some of the same problems you did. Here it is! Your hard drive might be dead. That'd explain the similar errors to his, and explains why your computer tries to turn on, but fails miserably. Since your installation media works, and medicat worked as well, your computer's not dead, just that hard drive it seems.

supergamer368

🗿
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I actually have 2 hard drives........ But i totally mixed 'em up. I'll just test the installer on both, I was worried of a broken hard drive. (Please Note: Both hard drives fail, but one of them worked just yesterday, so......

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you cant install a normal window iso downloaded from the net to a GPT partition table, as far as i remember, it needs to be MBR.
second, you need to not format, but DELETE all the content of the hard drive, as erase partition, otherwise, the disk is still being GPT.

Last edited by ScarletDreamz,

supergamer368

🗿
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can install a normal window iso downloaded from the net to a GPT partition table, as far as i remember, it needs to be MBR.
second, you need to not format, but DELETE all the content of the hard drive, as erase partition, otherwise, the disk is still being GPT.

I have a few questions.
1. What is MBR?
2. By delete all content, do you mean erase all partitions? Because I only erased 1.
EDIT: Anybody could answer these questions if they know the answer...

Epicbeardman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can install a normal window iso downloaded from the net to a GPT partition table, as far as i remember, it needs to be MBR.

You can install a downloaded version of Windows 10 just fine onto a drive with a GPT partition table. I know this because I did this myself a couple of months back, when I did a clean install of Windows 10 onto my new SSD using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

I have a few questions.
1. What is MBR?
2. By delete all content, do you mean erase all partitions? Because I only erased 1.
EDIT: Anybody could answer these questions if they know the answer...

It sounds like your drive is in GPT format right now and it needs to be in MBR format for Windows to be installed. It should be a simple case of first launching the command prompt (click on the Command Prompt button, it shouldn't be too difficult to find) and then following these steps to convert it from GPT to MBR (start following the steps from under where it says 'To change a GUID partition table disk into a master boot record disk using command line').

Once you've done this, try installing Windows again and hopefully it should work this time.

Last edited by Epicbeardman,

supergamer368

🗿
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do I install to the unallocated space or make partitions? BTW I can install now.
EDIT: I just used the space. Thank you to everyone, for I have finally fixed my computer and Windows is installing. If I have any more issues, I'll just use this thread.

Reactions: Boogieboo6

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do I install to the unallocated space or make partitions? BTW I can install now.
EDIT: I just used the space. Thank you to everyone, for I have finally fixed my computer and Windows is installing. If I have any more issues, I'll just use this thread.
Just erase all partitions, and isntall windows. and thats it.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yooo it worked?! Heckle yes. Don't forget to try out ninite and save some time installing stuff like Chrome and Skype and Steam!

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
For reference, Windows can be installed to a GPT formatted drive, however you must have SecureBoot disabled in EFI and your installation media must be formatted as either MBR (for BIOS or EFI) or GPT (for EFI)... at least according to rufus settings. It's more complicated than legacy installs (to MBR) but the benefits of faster booting and greater level of system control for the OS (by booting in EFI mode) make it worth it in my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT